Big GQ article on the American Mob

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bert
Full Patched

Re: Big GQ article on the American Mob

Post by bert »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:39 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:36 pm Gohnjottti, i asked wiseguy a question let him answer. You keep jumping in like his you're his husband. , let him answer.
You’re just upset that not a single other person on this forum is backing your point or agreeing with you.
No, I am not at all upset. I just questioned a point in an article, which seems to upset you. Why I don't know.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:42 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:36 pm Gohnjottti, i asked wiseguy a question let him answer. You keep jumping in like his you're his husband. , let him answer.
You’re just upset that not a single other person on this forum is backing your point or agreeing with you.
No, I am not at all upset. I just questioned a point in an article, which seems to upset you. Why I don't know.
What, in the article, seemed to upset me?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:42 pm
What, in the article, seemed to upset me?
N, you seem upset that I said I don't believe a captain in one of new works families met with him, as he said, plus I answered wiseguy and you got more upset. You flew half way across the globe to look for a low level mob associate (Carmine Polito) in a place he has not been in for 20 years, so I don't have high expectations for you. Please, learn to read, and let wiseguy answer me instead of jumping in. Then, if I put up links, as I did last week in another thread wiseguy interjected into this one, you say they are no good , or irrelevant.
Now fly to Cuba and search for Meyer Lansky, maybe you can snap a grainy photo of him for us like you did with what you claim was Sonny Franzese.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:30 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:37 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:20 am That writer Alex Hannaford believes anything Alike and Newell tell him, such as they would have been made if they were Italian. I am not familiar with Newell, but Alite was never getting made regardless. Or that Alite grew up in poverty, which is not true at all.
If anyone does no think the mob is just about dead, Club A was a place Alite would have been killed leaving for being rat back in the 1970's, now he is friends with the owner (If the story has it right) and is wearing mink coats. Alite is making more money than ever as a professional rat and teller of tall tales.
Hey bertrand, you catch this part of the article? :D

Allon Lifshitz is the perfectly coiffed deputy chief of the office’s criminal division. His colleague Kristin Mace is the gutsy chief of the Organized Crime And Gangs Section, tasked with prosecuting the mob.

Forget the Russian mafia, the Albanians, the Japanese Yakuza or Chinese Triads: the Italian-American mafia still rules the roost in New York. “It’s a significant presence and no less than in the past,” Mace told me. “I don’t think there’s any other organised crime group that has surpassed it in influence in New York City.”
Yes, he is in charge of that squad, so he will build them up, plus it's what the article is about. Now I have a question for you, when an article quotes FBI agents from a Mafia task force saying a person is or was involved in crime with the Mafia, do you always believe them? I don't, now do you?

Still waiting for wiseguy to answer.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:30 pm Yes, he is in charge of that squad, so he will build them up, plus it's what the article is about.
I love how anyone that disagrees with you has some agenda. Did all the people who I quoted in the other thread, and disagreed with you about the mob being near dead or surpassed by other groups in NY, have agendas to?

Yep, we should ignore every other source and just go with what Dan...er...I mean...bert says. :roll:
Now I have a question for you, when an article quotes FBI agents from a Mafia task force saying a person is or was involved in crime with the Mafia, do you always believe them? I don't, now do you?
I'm not sure what this question has to do with anything the article (or we) are talking about. But I believe the FBI more than anyone on a message board.
All roads lead to New York.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:33 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:30 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:37 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:20 am That writer Alex Hannaford believes anything Alike and Newell tell him, such as they would have been made if they were Italian. I am not familiar with Newell, but Alite was never getting made regardless. Or that Alite grew up in poverty, which is not true at all.
If anyone does no think the mob is just about dead, Club A was a place Alite would have been killed leaving for being rat back in the 1970's, now he is friends with the owner (If the story has it right) and is wearing mink coats. Alite is making more money than ever as a professional rat and teller of tall tales.
Hey bertrand, you catch this part of the article? :D

Allon Lifshitz is the perfectly coiffed deputy chief of the office’s criminal division. His colleague Kristin Mace is the gutsy chief of the Organized Crime And Gangs Section, tasked with prosecuting the mob.

Forget the Russian mafia, the Albanians, the Japanese Yakuza or Chinese Triads: the Italian-American mafia still rules the roost in New York. “It’s a significant presence and no less than in the past,” Mace told me. “I don’t think there’s any other organised crime group that has surpassed it in influence in New York City.”
Yes, he is in charge of that squad, so he will build them up, plus it's what the article is about. Now I have a question for you, when an article quotes FBI agents from a Mafia task force saying a person is or was involved in crime with the Mafia, do you always believe them? I don't, now do you?
Give me an example from the last twenty years where agents in charge of Mafia squads have lied and accused someone of being involved with the Mafia when they are not.
Here Gohn, this is the example you requested.

This article is from a year ago, so I did not have to go back as far as 20 years like you said. I made a thread just for you and wiseguy to call meaningless and irrelevant

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4777
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:31 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:30 pm Yes, he is in charge of that squad, so he will build them up, plus it's what the article is about.
I love how anyone that disagrees with you has some agenda. Did all the people who I quoted in the other thread, and disagreed with you about the mob being near dead or surpassed by other groups in NY, have agendas to?

Yep, we should ignore every other source and just go with what Dan...er...I mean...bert says. :roll:
Now I have a question for you, when an article quotes FBI agents from a Mafia task force saying a person is or was involved in crime with the Mafia, do you always believe them? I don't, now do you?
I'm not sure what this question has to do with anything the article (or we) are talking about. But I believe the FBI more than anyone on a message board.
Then you will believe FBI Special Agent Myron Fuller viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4777
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:37 pm

This article is from a year ago, so I did not have to go back as far as 20 years like you said. I made a thread just for you and wiseguy to call meaningless and irrelevant

No, you apparently made two threads on this. Why, I dont know. I swear, bert, nobody misses the point and gets off topic like you. You have the attention span of a goldfish.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Bert, not to derail from you and Wiseguy, but, again, can you find any post from that that implies I was "upset" when you criticized the GQ article?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:42 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:37 pm

No, you apparently made two threads on this. Why, I dont know. I swear, bert, nobody misses the point and gets off topic like you. You have the attention span of a goldfish.
There is only one, which you will see has an FBI agent being quoted as saying he regrets not going after a mob tied businessman You goldfish you! :lol:
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:45 pm Bert, not to derail from you and Wiseguy, but, again, can you find any post from that that implies I was "upset" when you criticized the GQ article?

This

bert wrote: ↑Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:36 pm
Gohnjottti, i asked wiseguy a question let him answer. You keep jumping in like his you're his husband. , let him answer.
"You’re just upset that not a single other person on this forum is backing your point or agreeing with you."
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:45 pmThere is only one, which you will see has an FBI agent being quoted as saying he regrets not going after a mob tied businessman You goldfish you! :lol:
There were two before one was deleted. You double posted.

Anyway, I still don't know what you're getting at. What in that article are we supposed to be seeing?
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:48 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:45 pmThere is only one, which you will see has an FBI agent being quoted as saying he regrets not going after a mob tied businessman You goldfish you! :lol:
There were two before one was deleted. You double posted.

Anyway, I still don't know what you're getting at. What in that article are we supposed to be seeing?
You know what, there is agent Fuller saying it, he even says he regrets not going after him more. It's there, and everyone can read it, including you. In fact, you did. Now suddenly you want to dismiss it and deflect.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:55 pmYou know what, there is agent Fuller saying it, he even says he regrets not going after him more. It's there, and everyone can read it, including you. In fact, you did. Now suddenly you want to dismiss it and deflect.
Your entire point is off topic, for crying out loud. Talk about deflection. A retired FBI agent regrets not looking more into possible mob ties Trump had decades ago? And?
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:57 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:55 pmYou know what, there is agent Fuller saying it, he even says he regrets not going after him more. It's there, and everyone can read it, including you. In fact, you did. Now suddenly you want to dismiss it and deflect.
Your entire point is off topic, for crying out loud. Talk about deflection. A retired FBI agent regrets not looking more into possible mob ties Trump had decades ago? And?
there is a reason he regrets it, he knew Trump was tied to the mob, and Gohjotti asked for the link, so let him comment. And learn to trust he FBI even when you disagree with them. Practice what you preach.