Big GQ article on the American Mob

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Big GQ article on the American Mob

Post by Wiseguy »

Credit goes to Laurentian for first posting this. Thought it deserved it's own thread or might get lost in the mix.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/the-five-families
All roads lead to New York.
Breadman
Straightened out

Re: Big GQ article on the American Mob

Post by Breadman »

F@%king Alite just won't go away with his BS,
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

nebraska steakhouse is in lower manhattan, not the bronx, anyway a good article
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Nebraska steakhouse is actually no longer on stone street so maybe it did relocate

I think a Mexican place is In there now / over a year

Shame as excellent food , hot bartenders and back in day you could get blowies up stairs as it was Ukrainian run
Breadman
Straightened out

Post by Breadman »

There was a Nebraska Steakhouse on 187St in the Belmont section , Joe Pesci used to be the host
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I like how they described the drug ops...

I also like how they noted that it's a continuous thing, that they activate and reactivate.... I use some of the same language...
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:26 am Credit goes to Laurentian for first posting this. Thought it deserved it's own thread or might get lost in the mix.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/the-five-families
I wasn't sure if I should have posted it on a separate thread but as the article made mention a lot of Frank Cali, I did post it there.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

That writer Alex Hannaford believes anything Alike and Newell tell him, such as they would have been made if they were Italian. I am not familiar with Newell, but Alite was never getting made regardless. Or that Alite grew up in poverty, which is not true at all.
If anyone does no think the mob is just about dead, Club A was a place Alite would have been killed leaving for being rat back in the 1970's, now he is friends with the owner (If the story has it right) and is wearing mink coats. Alite is making more money than ever as a professional rat and teller of tall tales.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:20 am That writer Alex Hannaford believes anything Alike and Newell tell him, such as they would have been made if they were Italian. I am not familiar with Newell, but Alite was never getting made regardless. Or that Alite grew up in poverty, which is not true at all.
If anyone does no think the mob is just about dead, Club A was a place Alite would have been killed leaving for being rat back in the 1970's, now he is friends with the owner (If the story has it right) and is wearing mink coats. Alite is making more money than ever as a professional rat and teller of tall tales.
Hey bertrand, you catch this part of the article? :D

Allon Lifshitz is the perfectly coiffed deputy chief of the office’s criminal division. His colleague Kristin Mace is the gutsy chief of the Organized Crime And Gangs Section, tasked with prosecuting the mob.

Forget the Russian mafia, the Albanians, the Japanese Yakuza or Chinese Triads: the Italian-American mafia still rules the roost in New York. “It’s a significant presence and no less than in the past,” Mace told me. “I don’t think there’s any other organised crime group that has surpassed it in influence in New York City.”
All roads lead to New York.
Breadman
Straightened out

Post by Breadman »

And a latent homo with his mink coat and snakeskin two tone Louis Vuitton boots
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:37 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:20 am That writer Alex Hannaford believes anything Alike and Newell tell him, such as they would have been made if they were Italian. I am not familiar with Newell, but Alite was never getting made regardless. Or that Alite grew up in poverty, which is not true at all.

Allon Lifshitz is the perfectly coiffed deputy chief of the office’s criminal division. His colleague Kristin Mace is the gutsy chief of the Organized Crime And Gangs Section, tasked with prosecuting the mob.

Forget the Russian mafia, the Albanians, the Japanese Yakuza or Chinese Triads: the Italian-American mafia still rules the roost in New York. “It’s a significant presence and no less than in the past,” Mace told me. “I don’t think there’s any other organised crime group that has surpassed it in influence in New York City.”
Yes, he is in charge of that squad, so he will build them up, plus it's what the article is about. Now I have a question for you, when an article quotes FBI agents from a Mafia task force saying a person is or was involved in crime with the Mafia, do you always believe them? I don't, now do you?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:30 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:37 pm

Yes, he is in charge of that squad, so he will build them up, plus it's what the article is about. Now I have a question for you, when an article quotes FBI agents from a Mafia task force saying a person is or was involved in crime with the Mafia, do you always believe them? I don't, now do you?
Give me an example from the last twenty years where agents in charge of Mafia squads have lied and accused someone of being involved with the Mafia when they are not.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Gohnjottti, i asked wiseguy a question let him answer. You keep jumping in like his you're his husband. , let him answer.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Also Gohn, I'll answer you after wiseguy answers me, if he can without insults and non-committal answers
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

bert wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:36 pm Gohnjottti, i asked wiseguy a question let him answer. You keep jumping in like his you're his husband. , let him answer.
You’re just upset that not a single other person on this forum is backing your point or agreeing with you.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com