Vena’s crew

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Confederate
Full Patched

Re: Vena’s crew

Post by Confederate »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:19 am
I 25 I wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:22 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:05 am
I 25 I wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 am Hint: you dont hear about them, they are doing great!

Dallas, Madison and San Francisco must be thriving then.

Pogo
That only works if they are not dead :D
So the Trafficante crime family in Tampa was doing incredibly well during the 1990s, right? And then they just... died?
Exactly. Silence really means "nothing or very little is happening". In 2019, Nobody is going to fool the Feds for very long.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:44 pm When people refer to mobsters being dry snitch, I always took it as snitches that were never called to testify. I never took it by the literal definition of "people that accidentally snitch" or whatever dry snitching really means because I find that that's just not very applicable with mobsters.
it depends how you define a dry snitch ,
Scarpa was dry snitching but what ever you want to call Scrapa was just a rat ,
one example of dry snitching, hey gaurd i didnt know the prison started permitting gambling on the yard when did that new policy start? , Well when the guard looks into it you just dry snitched that gambling going on .

another example was John gotti sr talking about sammy the bull on those murders , he dry snitched sammy and partly lead to his indictment . OBV gotti didnt know the room was bugged , but hes a perfect example of "accidentally Snitch" as you put it
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
I 25 I
On Record

Post by I 25 I »

I 25 I wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 am Hint: you dont hear about them, they are doing great!

Pogo
So the Trafficante crime family in Tampa was doing incredibly well during the 1990s, right? And then they just... died?
Dont think so.

Other representation there now
It was really the last time they trusted us street guys that kind of money
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

I 25 I wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:44 am

Pogo
Dont think so.

But the family was still active in the '80s and '90s. Surely that means they were "doing great," as you put it, until they decided in the early 2000s to die?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
I 25 I
On Record

Post by I 25 I »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:13 am
I 25 I wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:44 am

Pogo
Dont think so.

But the family was still active in the '80s and '90s. Surely that means they were "doing great," as you put it, until they decided in the early 2000s to die?
I dont think that they are dead. What I heared they are defunct. Times change tho. Better example would be the Outfit. You dont hear much about them these days...
I guess its hard to grasp since that is not usually how our mind works.
It was really the last time they trusted us street guys that kind of money
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Can we just say that Chicago Outfit is fine or O.K.

As for the others - no comment

As for Dry Snitching definition - no comment - no time for parsing of words
Know which Game to Play
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Please stay on topic: Chicago and Albie Vena's Crew
Know which Game to Play
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Stroccos wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:34 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:44 pm When people refer to mobsters being dry snitch, I always took it as snitches that were never called to testify. I never took it by the literal definition of "people that accidentally snitch" or whatever dry snitching really means because I find that that's just not very applicable with mobsters.
it depends how you define a dry snitch ,
Scarpa was dry snitching but what ever you want to call Scrapa was just a rat ,
one example of dry snitching, hey gaurd i didnt know the prison started permitting gambling on the yard when did that new policy start? , Well when the guard looks into it you just dry snitched that gambling going on .

another example was John gotti sr talking about sammy the bull on those murders , he dry snitched sammy and partly lead to his indictment . OBV gotti didnt know the room was bugged , but hes a perfect example of "accidentally Snitch" as you put it
Exactly Strocco.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Would Lefty Ruggiero be considered a dry snitch for calling the cops to report his rental car as stolen (really repossessed by the Feds who were paying for it but he didn't know that)?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:50 am Would Lefty Ruggiero be considered a dry snitch for calling the cops to report his rental car as stolen (really repossessed by the Feds who were paying for it but he didn't know that)?

Pogo
I never heard that pretty funny ,
No , your not considered a snitch if you report your own property stolen .
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

"It is was probably some fucking Puerto Ricans." - Lefty after finding out the car was "stolen". :lol:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

I think we have to distinguish between being a snitch, or rat in the general criminal sense, as opposed to breaking omerta, which means revealing the secrets of the organization. Only the latter is breaking the oath.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

UTC wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:52 pm I think we have to distinguish between being a snitch, or rat in the general criminal sense, as opposed to breaking omerta, which means revealing the secrets of the organization. Only the latter is breaking the oath.
Yeah, but guys have been killed for even being suspected of informing. So even if you aren't putting guys in prison it's still considered to be a form of ratting, only less egregious.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Well if you are a dry snitch revealing the secrets of the organization, you violated your omerta oath. If you told the cops the mailman murdered someone and the mailman got the chair, you are not violating omerta.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Some information concerning the PK Street Crew ran by Robert Panozzo:

Panozzo (identified by one C.I. as "made") and his crew would hit about half a dozen stash houses a year. Panozzo was normally tipped off about the stash houses from members of Hispanic gangs, specifically the Spanish Cobras or the Latin Dragons.

The houses typically contained large amounts of cash and/or marijuana, cocaine, or heroin. Panozzo's crew would sell any stolen drugs obtained from the stash houses. The crew typically only robbed from freelance dealers; cartel drug shipments were usually avoided.

Panozzo and his crew posed as police officers while committing these robberies, complete with body armor, holsters, belts, and badges. Some of the badges used were obtained from prior burglaries of police officers' homes. Panozzo stored the equipment -- including cell phone jammers, police and two-way radios, and scanners -- in a shed next to his garage.

One of the crew would plant GPS trackers on drug dealers' cars who would then lead Panozzo's crew to the stash house. Other times, the crew would locate addresses provided by Panozzo's contacts and then use GPS to locate them.

Panozzo's crew would normally tie up any inhabitants of the dwelling, including women and children. If the locations of money or drugs was not immediately discerned, the crew would beat the men until they revealed the hiding places.

One robbery resulted in a net of 25 kilos of cocaine. The crew also stole two vehicles belonging to the inhabitants. Panozzo became incensed when one inhabitant, who had previously confessed to not knowing English, started speaking in that language. Panozzo cut off his ear before leaving.

The crew also robbed tractor trailers clandestinely attempting to traffic shipments of drugs. One such robbery netted the crew 40-50 kilos of cocaine.

Panozzo would sometimes use Hispanic gang members to assist or aid in the robberies, either as lookouts or getaway drivers. Two members of Panozzo's gang, Dionisio Garcia and Maher Abuhabsah, normally stayed in the getaway vehicles or functioned as lookouts, monitoring radios or scanners for police activity in the area. This was also due to their appearances as they would not be as convincing posing as law enforcement as Panozzo and the white members of the gang.

Abuhabsah typically did the GPS work and "research" behind potential targets. A look at his phone records at the time of his arrest revealed numerous incriminating texts between he and Panozzo. The crew normally utilized only "burner" phones. Once a particular job was done the phones were discarded and new ones purchased.

On more than one occasion, Panozzo's crew beat individuals they believed had information on potential targets. One was beaten over the course of several hours.

Normally, a stolen van is used for the robberies. The van is kept under a tarp in a lot owned by Panozzo's top lieutenant, Paul Koroluk. Fictitious or stolen plates were used during the commission of the robberies. Another vehicle, an older Dodge Durango, was also used by the crew.

Another source of Panozzo's, an insurance salesman, would tip Panozzo off to houses which contained valuable goods or jewelry, which the salesman had previously worked with the homeowners to insure. Panozzo's crew would burglarize the homes and then keep or sell the stolen items. One of these homes contained a large amount of sports memorabilia, others contained collections of silver or gold coins.

Panozzo kept a book of potential targets and scores, some of which had allegedly been listed and cased for years.

Panozzo also runs a Chicago whorehouse fronting as a massage parlor, employing four women and one man, who works security. Panozzo receives a cut from each woman who works the location.

One informant revealed that Panozzo and another individual had coerced an elderly woman into signing over the deed for a piece of property. Panozzo allegedly later threw her multiple times down a flight of stairs until she died. According to the informant, Panozzo joked about how hard it was to kill the old lady. This incident allegedly occurred in the late eighties. The individual who assisted Panozzo in this crime was later murdered in 1991.

Panozzo and another member of his crew conspired to kill a kidnapping victim to prevent him from testifying against Jeffrey Hollinghead. The hit was never carried out but Panozzo was provided with the individual's name and address and allegedly contacted a Hispanic gang member to carry out the hit, promising him $10,000 up front and another $10,000 upon the completion of the murder. Panozzo suspected Hollinghead of being an informant and also considered killing him but Hollinghead was imprisoned before any plans for the murder could be enacted. However, Panozzo and Koroluk believed they could get Hollinghead transferred to a wing of the Cook County Prison where he could be more easily killed. Hollinghead had actually cooperated with law enforcement. It could be assumed that he got a reduced sentence but I haven't been able to find any inmate information on him. I know Scott B has a few articles on Hollinghead and his wife.

Panozzo's crew was eventually busted attempting to rob a stash house that was actually a "set up" by law enforcement. Information was obtained from member(s) of Panozzo's crew who were cooperating with the FBI. The FBI and Chicago PD planted 40 kilos of cocaine and also set up electronic surveillance on the premises. They also gained access to Aburhabsah's cell phone through the cooperating crew member. Panozzo and Koroluk committed the robbery on July 16, 2004. Upon exiting the premises they were arrested by FBI agents. Aburhabsah and Robert Panozzo Jr. were arrested outside the premises.