Vena’s crew

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Vena’s crew

Post by Snakes »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:49 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:20 am If DiFronzo was a rat then why wasn’t he called to testify at the family secrets trials?
They’re saying he was a dry snitch. Somebody who tips off law enforcement throughout their career without their identity ever being named. Greg Scarpa is an example of this, he was an informer for 30 years and enjoyed a career with no jail time. Peter Lovaglio was one for a while I believe, Frank Sparaco was another, and Dennis Guzzardo too.
I think the "DiFronzo as informant" thing is all bullshit. I remember some people floating it out there on ANP and others ran with it. The main thought behind it was that he wasn't indicted in Family Secrets but neither was Lou Marino, who was also pegged as being in the basement during the Spilotro killings. DiFronzo's name was also on preliminary case files as someone who could potentially be indicted which I do not think would have been the case had he been a "high echelon" informant. It wouldn't make sense to include his name and then remember that he was an informant and scratch him from the list of defendants. It was more likely a case of them not having any corroborating evidence to support Nick's testimony that led to him not being indicted.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Yes and I think LE thought that they would get that corroborating evidence in the future, but never did. Remember LE talking about Family secrets 2, which never came about. Also like you said he was originally, aand correct me if I'm wrong,Tornabene also, part of the early stages of Family secrets. Was it one of the CI's that said Sarno kicked up to DiFronzo? Also CI 1 was supplying info since the 80s. DiFronzo and Carlisi were indicted ,along with others, in the Rincon case, which I believe the crimes were committed in the late 80s.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

It's been going on for years that the top boss of the Outfit appears retired or semi retired and with that seems less active.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Frank wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:35 am Yes and I think LE thought that they would get that corroborating evidence in the future, but never did. Remember LE talking about Family secrets 2, which never came about. Also like you said he was originally, aand correct me if I'm wrong,Tornabene also, part of the early stages of Family secrets. Was it one of the CI's that said Sarno kicked up to DiFronzo? Also CI 1 was supplying info since the 80s. DiFronzo and Carlisi were indicted ,along with others, in the Rincon case, which I believe the crimes were committed in the late 80s.
If a CI provided information which contained references to himself, the agent would write the report as if they were two separate people, so as not to divulge the identity of the informant.

What I find funny is that the same guys on ANP who said that DiFronzo was an informant were the same dopes saying that he retired. How reliable and up-to-date could his info be if he was no longer active in Outfit affairs?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Snakes wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:48 pm I would think that since it is a government memo referencing "member" and "associate" that they are taking it literally.
If we are to take the words "Member" & "Associate" literally, the report said CI#2 was a High Level Associate which would eliminate DiFronzo. That leaves CI#1 who has been informing from before 1985. I seriously doubt that person would be DiFronzo.

In general, (nothing to do with Difronzo) a high level Mob guy could still be a "Dry Snitch" even if he is inactive because people close to him can tell him things that can be repeated to the Feds.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

DiFronzo doesn't fit the description of being dead for quite a while, if the guy Snakes said is correct.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Confederate wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:01 pm
Frank wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:56 pm I always thought the case against Marcy and Roti hurt the Outfit real bad, and was the main cause of their downhill trend.
Also the Strawman Case that sent Auippa, Cerone, Lombardo & LaPietra away.
Then, all those cases in the 1990's, devastating.
I’d say the Dorfman and teamsters case in the late 70s as well. The Counselors Row Case broke the power base in the first ward. Political clout and influence was removed and never regained remotely to a similar degree. The Strawman case cannot be overstated, it truly devastated and crushed the pipeline of easy cash from LV. All of this in really a span of a decade.
I 25 I
On Record

Post by I 25 I »

Hint: you dont hear about them, they are doing great!
It was really the last time they trusted us street guys that kind of money
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I 25 I wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 am Hint: you dont hear about them, they are doing great!

Dallas, Madison and San Francisco must be thriving then.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

slimshady_007 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:20 am If DiFronzo was a rat then why wasn’t he called to testify at the family secrets trials?
They’re saying he was a dry snitch. Somebody who tips off law enforcement throughout their career without their identity ever being named. Greg Scarpa is an example of this, he was an informer for 30 years and enjoyed a career with no jail time. Peter Lovaglio was one for a while I believe, Frank Sparaco was another, and Dennis Guzzardo too.
Dry snitching isn’t that.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Philly d wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:35 pm
Dry snitching isn’t that.
I think that's what the reference to here is. I know the real definition of dry-snitching is where you don't intend to do any harm, etc., or where you don't know you're snitching, but I don't think that's what people are referring to here.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

scarpa by definition was NOT a dry snitch
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

When people refer to mobsters being dry snitch, I always took it as snitches that were never called to testify. I never took it by the literal definition of "people that accidentally snitch" or whatever dry snitching really means because I find that that's just not very applicable with mobsters.

I 25 I
On Record

Post by I 25 I »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:05 am
I 25 I wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 am Hint: you dont hear about them, they are doing great!

Pogo
That only works if they are not dead :D
It was really the last time they trusted us street guys that kind of money
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

I 25 I wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:22 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:05 am

Pogo
That only works if they are not dead :D
So the Trafficante crime family in Tampa was doing incredibly well during the 1990s, right? And then they just... died?