Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by CabriniGreen »

Hes gonna have so much heat, I dunno if he can conduct anything...... its Gene or some International element...
SconsinJohnson
Associate

Post by SconsinJohnson »

"Gene Gotti could not be reached for comment" shocker!
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

DPG wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 am
eboli wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:19 am
DPG wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:13 am I’m sure Gene is mad as hell. 30 years in the can, gets out doesn’t do an interview or anything, does his best to stay out of the way NOW THIS. If he had nothing to do with this I’d sue the shit out of the papers!
30 years inside, not a fuckin' peep! For what? To protect the likes of Frank fuckin' Cali? :lol:
You’d think if Gene has anything to do with this the feds would have already picked him up. I’m sure they had an army of informers just waiting on him when he got home. Nothing they would love more than to put him in jail for another 30 years. It’s just my opinion but I doubt very seriously that Gene got anywhere near this.
Oh, I share your opinion. It was a Sopranos reference to Phil Leotardo's cowboyitis.
Straightened out

Post by 100100 »

SconsinJohnson wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:37 am
"Gene Gotti could not be reached for comment" shocker!
Hahah. One of the other articles said the same for Lorenzo Mannino. Couldn't be reached for comment.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Camo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:28 am Quite a few people in this thread very strongly believe it's Gene actually lol.
Years ago Montagna was deported to Canada, a short time after that Nick Rizzuto was assassinated. I was fervent in my belief that Montagna didn't have the backing to pull that off, that he was in essence "a man without a family." I was 100% wrong, a swing and a miss... Lesson: I'll wait until solid info comes out. But so far (less than a week since the hit) there's been nothing but speculation released.

Times like this I wish Dan was here, he'd have some good input.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Camo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:28 am Quite a few people in this thread very strongly believe it's Gene actually lol.
Hey random LCN nerds on an internet forum are not the only ones. Law enforcement are looking at him too. Honestly anything is possible at this point but I'll just say my gut feeling as soon as I saw the headline that Cali was shot dead was that it was an internal matter. I've had a feeling for ages that certain wiseguys in the Gambinos would eventually grow tired of the Sicilian power. Just my feeling. :mrgreen:
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

I haven't completely dismissed him, it's definitely possible i just feel unlikely. And mostly it's just funny to think about, a Gotti doing the exact same thing 34 years later when he was practically in prison that entire time and he saw how it worked out for his relatives.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

JohnnyS wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:44 am
Hey random LCN nerds on an internet forum are not the only ones. Law enforcement are looking at him too. Honestly anything is possible at this point but I'll just say my gut feeling as soon as I saw the headline that Cali was shot dead was that it was an internal matter. I've had a feeling for ages that certain wiseguys in the Gambinos would eventually grow tired of the Sicilian power. Just my feeling. :mrgreen:
My initial though was Sicily/Canada, i'm still leaning that way although not as strongly as i was initially since new info has came out and some good points have been made in this thread.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

60 pages of posts. Could someone paraphrase any new
facts that have come to light since last night at about 6pm.
I am at work and will not be able to read the 25 pages of
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
SconsinJohnson
Associate

Post by SconsinJohnson »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:57 am 60 pages of posts. Could someone paraphrase any new
I've been scouring the internet. Haven't seen anything new since the license plate information that came out yesterday afternoon
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

SconsinJohnson wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:01 am
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:57 am 60 pages of posts. Could someone paraphrase any new
I've been scouring the internet. Haven't seen anything new since the license plate information that came out yesterday afternoon
Daily NYPD Briefings are usually held around 1:00 PM

https://www.facebook.com/NYPD/
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

It may very well turn out to be Gene Gotti making a comeback. I don't dismiss it. But so far what's come out has been nothing but conjecture. No one has done a press conference stating: "We are investigating Eugene Gotti for the assassination of Frak Cali," instead it's reporters calling sources and asking about names and obviously they'd ask about a Gotti. I imagine if they asked about Barney Bellomo and and a possible Genovese plot to wipe out their 'main competition- the Gambinos' the sources would say that they can't rule that out either.

http://www.newsbug.info/news/nation/cop ... 68b32.html
"It's total speculation," a source said about a possible Gotti link. "But it's also something to look out for. Was Gene trying to reclaim some of his business and Cali wasn't going for it?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/14/nyre ... amily.html
It ends as a Gotti fluff piece however what I skimmed seemed for the most part accurate although I'm sure there's more errors than the wrong Peter Gotti photo. It does refer to Peter Gotti as the last official boss.

I can understand the theory- and I find it credible- that Cali, as acting boss or underboss, had a falling out with the Gottis who may very well command the power in that family like the Persico's commanded power in the Colombos. If so, such a plot would involve more than Gene Gotti, he'd have have the backing.

For what it's worth, Gotti was recorded in prison before his death floating Gene for boss. I can't locate the passage or recall all the names but didn't Gotti lay out 4 names and say whoever wants what, and one of those names was Gene for boss? If I'm mis-recollecting or confused please correct me.
Kash
Straightened out

Post by Kash »

Everyone is getting so caught up in title and what the dynamic between Cali and Dom. Enough sources have Cali as underboss it would be an easy assumption to make that Dom was insulating himself and letting Cali run more day to day stuff and that’s where confusion about Cali being the top guy came from. Him being the UB and getting hit points to a Gambino family issue and call.

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned: This shit may be crazy but can you imagine if he would have survived? He died at the hospital and not the scene. An ambulance being 10 mins closer could have saved him. That would have been totally nuts.
"He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"Really? His house looked like shit."
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Kash wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:34 am Everyone is getting so caught up in title and what the dynamic between Cali and Dom. Enough sources have Cali as underboss it would be an easy assumption to make that Dom was insulating himself and letting Cali run more day to day stuff and that’s where confusion about Cali being the top guy came from. Him being the UB and getting hit points to a Gambino family issue and call.

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned: This shit may be crazy but can you imagine if he would have survived? He died at the hospital and not the scene. An ambulance being 10 mins closer could have saved him. That would have been totally nuts.
I think he was just officially pronounced dead at the hospital. On the 911 call they said he wasn’t breathing and that was right after it happened
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Just thought of a theory- Barney makes a deal with gene gotti. Asks him to whack frank cali since barney views him as a threat. In return, Barney says he’ll promote gene to an administration role in the Gambinos. Crazy theory, but anything is possible
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.