Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:46 am My bad, Dailey News article, but really, you could read it anywhere....

Cali, who served on the Gambino family’s ruling panel for several years, was elevated to acting boss in 2015, replacing then 68-year-old Domenico Cefalu, authorities said.
If I remember right, that news stemmed from Capeci's info, which Capeci himself later corrected and clarified that Cefalu remained the acting boss, with Cali the underboss.

As was pointed out earlier in this thread, the media seemed to have picked up on that first Daily News article without any knowledge of the later correction. And they're more than happy to call Cali "the boss" anyway. Makes for a better headline. Meanwhile, we have law enforcement corroborating what Capeci had said.

Boss - Peter Gotti
Acting Boss - Dom Cefalu
Underboss - (was) Frank Cali

No need to speculate on this part. There's more than enough of that already going on.
Last edited by Wiseguy on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
All roads lead to New York.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

I’m sure Gene is mad as hell. 30 years in the can, gets out doesn’t do an interview or anything, does his best to stay out of the way NOW THIS. If he had nothing to do with this I’d sue the shit out of the papers!
I get it....first rule of fight club.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:13 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:46 am My bad, Dailey News article, but really, you could read it anywhere....

Cali, who served on the Gambino family’s ruling panel for several years, was elevated to acting boss in 2015, replacing then 68-year-old Domenico Cefalu, authorities said.
If I remember right, that news stemmed from Capeci's info, which Capeci himself later corrected himself and clarified that Cefalu remained the acting boss, with Cali the underboss.

As was pointed out earlier in this thread, the media seemed to have picked up on that first Daily News article without any knowledge of the later correction. And they're more than happy to call Cali "the boss" anyway. Makes for a better headline. Meanwhile, we have law enforcement cooperating what Capeci had said.

Boss - Peter Gotti
Acting Boss - Dom Cefalu
Underboss - (was) Frank Cali

No need to speculate on this part. There's more than enough of that already going on.
Very much Agreed...
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

DPG wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:13 am I’m sure Gene is mad as hell. 30 years in the can, gets out doesn’t do an interview or anything, does his best to stay out of the way NOW THIS. If he had nothing to do with this I’d sue the shit out of the papers!
30 years inside, not a fuckin' peep! For what? To protect the likes of Frank fuckin' Cali? :lol:
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Now I'm ALL THE WAY FUCKED UP...... I got no idea...
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:10 pm Honestly the clues keep pointing to an inside hit, maybe not Gene, but someone else who doesn’t mind all the blame falling onto Gene.
Maybe its was 76yr John Carneglia and his 100yr old mom was the get away driver ! lol The guys bread and butter was drugs as is the Sicilians. It could be internal. It could be an outside drug racket partner like a cartel over $$ etc I don't think a cartel would have any problems talking out a boss of a LCN family in NY. Mexican landscaper in SI hit your car by accident. Not out of the ordinary makes you come out. etc. Who knows? The fbi will find out because right now LCN members and associates from ALL 5 families are talking about it right now. It eventually trickles down to LE via wiretaps and Dry snitches etc. Just a matter of time.
Last edited by Rocco on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

I'm curious if whoever was behind it anticipated the coverage it would receive. It's making international headlines. If this was an internal matter and the team was local they are probably sweating bullets right now. They literally pissed on a bees nest.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

DPG wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:13 am I’m sure Gene is mad as hell. 30 years in the can, gets out doesn’t do an interview or anything, does his best to stay out of the way NOW THIS. If he had nothing to do with this I’d sue the shit out of the papers!
Gene hit Cali so he could sue for defamation when accused :lol: Gotti brain.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

eboli wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:19 am
30 years inside, not a fuckin' peep! For what? To protect the likes of Frank fuckin' Cali? :lol:
Hey, you know that tennis match between those two guys? Well Gene won and now he's the main guinea over there.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

eboli wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:19 am
You’d think if Gene has anything to do with this the feds would have already picked him up. I’m sure they had an army of informers just waiting on him when he got home. Nothing they would love more than to put him in jail for another 30 years. It’s just my opinion but I doubt very seriously that Gene got anywhere near this.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

DPG, we're being sarcastic. There's nothing at all to indicate Gene Gotti is behind it or would have the backing or inclination or desire for it. But the fact that his name was floated further underscores how no stone is going to be left unturned. I don't think those behind it contemplated it receiving international attention.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

More and more, I have to agree... it's a possibility but this hit produced the type of heat that ALL the mobsters in NY will feel....
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Quite a few people in this thread very strongly believe it's Gene actually lol.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Looks like Gene is back with some real in your face Costa Nostra.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.