Bobby Iannelli aka Bobby I Indicted with son Pittsburgh

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Fatso
Prospect

Re: Bobby Iannelli aka Bobby I Indicted with son Pittsburgh

Post by Fatso »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:26 am Did Philly ever have a Pittsburgh crew? Weird if the answer is no.....
Pittsburgh is another planet compared to Philly, and it's 6 hours away.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:24 am Actually, something I've been meaning to ask the board for a long time, while I got you guys' attention...

How come the Philly family didnt move into ALL of Pennsylvania? Like the Youngstown territory, Pittsburgh, the Bufalino family territory..... Between Penn and Jersey, and New England, even places like maybe Maryland, it seems they COULD have 15 or so capos, if they wanted..

How come they dont colonize the rest of the territories?
Because the general trend of the scope of operation of LCN families has been a shrinking one for years now. You're not seeing families really going beyond their traditional areas in any big way nowadays and that's due to lack of manpower and resources as much as anything.

The family has Philadelphia (mainly South Philly) and surrounding areas like Delco, South Jersey, and a small crew in North Jersey. A couple members up in Boston is pretty meaningless. Who do they have, know, or can recruit that can take things over 300 miles away in Pittsburgh?

Same thing with the other families. DeCavalcantes have their stomping grounds in New Jersey. Not much if anything in New York anymore. The Patriarcas are becoming more and more a Boston enterprise, with seemingly little left on Providence and just about nothing in Connecticut. The Outfit, little outside Chicago and it's suburbs.

Even the NY families, what is there outside the extended New York metropolitan area? And by that I mean the 5 NYC boroughs, Long Island, Westchester and north suburbs, Southwest Connecticut, and North-into-Central New Jersey. The Genovese Springfield, MA crew seems to have been in a definite decline for a while now. The NY families don't really have the same reach down to Northern Pennsylvania and South Jersey like they used to. Their biggest presence outside the NY metro area is still in South Florida but that's also not what it was. Eurasian OC is a bigger priority for the FBI than the LCN there now.
All roads lead to New York.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofHenry wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:08 pm Not 100% certain that R.P. is Ronald Plisco...but I can’t think of any other guy who’s been in illegal gambling in the Pittsburgh area with those initials

The only other RP I knew was Richie Pecora. Other than dealing almost all the games for his brother, JoJo, at the various clubs on Rt. 30 in Chester, West Virginia but never any bookmaking activities that I knew of. So he's probably not your guy.
Richie wouldn’t have crossed my mind for the mere fact that all the Pecora brothers had a reputation for being standup.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:23 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:14 am
JCB1977 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:30 am Regarding R.P., informant in the Bobby Iannelli indictment. Per the 1990 PA Crime Commission Report on OC:

• Ronald Plisco, 39, North Versailles, is associated with Family members Charles Porter and Frank Amato. Plisco was Amato's key representative in bookmaking activity in the Braddock/East Pittsburgh area prior to his 1988 arrest and conviction on narcotics charges. Plisco has been involved in extortion, loansharking, bookmaking, and cocaine distribution.
Goddamnnnn, So they have 2 big snitches that I figure they know all about for a long time and are just casually doing business with ! These guys never figured that at some point down the line that they would eventually be ratted out ? Smh , I guess they just didn't give a Fuck obviously
Not 100% certain that R.P. is Ronald Plisco...but I can’t think of any other guy who’s been in illegal gambling in the Pittsburgh area with those initials
It’s that’s him it makes me wonder about the iannelis , makes me question wheather if there rats to,
Or maybe since the punishment are a joke on state cases they didn’t care the guys ratted when facing 20
Good question. I’d like to think not but at the end of the day who really knows? I think over Bobby’s 60 years in the rackets something would’ve come out by now as we all know the FBI can’t keep secrets that long anymore. But I think there were many more mafiosi across the country who were “Soft snitches” In order to advance themselves
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JCB1977 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:16 pm
FriendofHenry wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:08 pm Not 100% certain that R.P. is Ronald Plisco...but I can’t think of any other guy who’s been in illegal gambling in the Pittsburgh area with those initials

The only other RP I knew was Richie Pecora. Other than dealing almost all the games for his brother, JoJo, at the various clubs on Rt. 30 in Chester, West Virginia but never any bookmaking activities that I knew of. So he's probably not your guy.
Richie wouldn’t have crossed my mind for the mere fact that all the Pecora brothers had a reputation for being standup.
heres another RP its got to be one of them, I would assume its either plisco or this prest
My money is on Ronald Prest being the rat , He was arrested in the porky bust so he would tie in with that crew , althought after reading he was a collector not sure he being running 40-50k a week numbers biz

his mugshot
https://mugshots.com/Current-Events/RON ... 95316.html
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:20 am

heres another RP its got to be one of them, I would assume its either plisco or this prest
My money is on Ronald Prest being the rat , He was arrested in the porky bust so he would tie in with that crew , althought after reading he was a collector not sure he being running 40-50k a week numbers biz

his mugshot
I would agree with you. It completely slipped my mind that he was even part of the former bust with Porky. Personally I never heard of him until that bust

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:15 am
Stroccos wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:20 am

his mugshot
I would agree with you. It completely slipped my mind that he was even part of the former bust with Porky. Personally I never heard of him until that bust

I was reading a article about the porky bust and saw him I never heard of him either , it has to be one of the two ,there is always a chance it’s some unknown person as well ,
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 1AF9fuNFQO. Does anyone have anymore info on this John Scalzitti who was worth a ton and was involved in the 70s and 80s with Pittsburgh Lcn and indicted and convicted in the early 80s ??
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Bklyn21 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:22 pm https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 1AF9fuNFQO. Does anyone have anymore info on this John Scalzitti who was worth a ton and was involved in the 70s and 80s with Pittsburgh Lcn and indicted and convicted in the early 80s ??
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... _wRCNvKVlj
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... tRL6nLMkdF Found another link on Scalzitti, The 3rd link containing info on his 2002 bust involving Pagans MC and his bust in the early 80s with Lou Raucci .This guy was very active had loads of money and investments and very violent...
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Bklyn21 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:22 pm https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 1AF9fuNFQO. Does anyone have anymore info on this John Scalzitti who was worth a ton and was involved in the 70s and 80s with Pittsburgh Lcn and indicted and convicted in the early 80s ??
He was involved/networked with other drug dealers like Paul Mazzei, Eugene Gesuale, Billy Porter, Mauro Matone and John Leone...under Chucky Porter’s wing of the family which was narcotics trafficking. I believe he was tied to the old MC leader Swibel (I believe that’s what his last name was).

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

UPDATE: PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE REVIEW (VIDEO)

https://triblive.com/local/westmoreland ... huntingdon

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:37 pm UPDATE: PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE REVIEW (VIDEO)

https://triblive.com/local/westmoreland ... huntingdon
Lol...Lawyers are like wtf are we doing here with this waste of time gambling case , Cant believe they have such a hard on over all this 😂
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

I believe that Al Capone said: Two guys with briefcases can steal more money than five guys with Tommy Guns :lol:
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola