jimmy calandra

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NewEnglandHere
Honorary Member

jimmy calandra

Post by NewEnglandHere »

i watch his you tube podcast any1 know him ? seems sincere tells some good stories btw what is bath beach like now?
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: jimmy calandra

Post by outfit guy »

His stories appear sincere but with, of course, any narrator's personal perception of events and motivations. I view and concede I am lining the pockets of a cooperator. He refuses to accept he cooperated due to the handcuffs about to be slapped on him. He was full speed ahead into the life again - this time the Luccheses - until he was offered a 50 year prison plea deal. Instead, he offered testimony that is highly questionable. Frankly, Calandra had nothing to offer the FEDs; they had cooperators for the array of drug and bank robberies. But the FEDs case against Spero was very weak; actually, no wiretaps implicating him and no direct testimony. Federal rules of evidence allow hearsay. Calandra offered a direct conversation to a specific homicide: this is difficult to believe; Spero sitting down, after being so insulated and proceeding to discuss or Even acknowledge a homicide.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

He was on Nat Geo's Inside the American Mob in 2013.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ehwyw
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

rphillips wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:02 am btw what is bath beach like now?
Russians, Mexicans, Chinese and Muslims of all stripes. Still some Italians but on the western edge of the neighborhood closest to Dyker Park.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

“Any active social clubs in bath beach?”
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

In the middle of any story he tells "Paulie G, he was a good kid..." it never fails...
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

He's beefing with Steve Crea's son on youtube(justice tech pros). Said sone inflammatory shit. The mobtube drama is insane
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Browniety86 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:56 pm In the middle of any story he tells "Paulie G, he was a good kid..." it never fails...
It bothers me how he always looks down his nose at Joey Calco and Tommy Reynolds for killing Paulie G like he wouldn't have done the same thing in their situation. Any associate would have jumped at the chance to kill someone on Spero's orders—and it's not like they would have a choice anyway. I doubt Calandra liked Paulie enough to die with him.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

He's a bullshit artist. Rinse repeat with these rats, was the only tough guy left, betrayed blah blah blah when he said ally persico was crying in front of him when he got sentenced 😂 in the bin
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

I presume he knows no one from the Bronx.

Joey Calco really does appear to be a piece of shit.

Tommy Reynolds, per some former convicts, is well liked and respected by everyone - gangs too - in prison; so is Benny.

Calandra blocked at one time; now he's more tolerant - barely - of criticism. He did not want to do the 50 years! And he refuses to accept that as the root cause of his cooperation. Like all rats, he deflects. Frank Cullotta self-effacingly labeled himself a rat; that evolved to cooperator.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I like a lot of Jimmy's videos, most importantly the ones he did with Dades, the Rita Gigante interview, and the episode with Mikey Scars' ex-wife.

Today Jimmy did a Joe Massino video and spent a lot of it shitting on people like Cantarella, Coppa, and Graziano. Says none of them really ever did anything. I don't know whether that's true but wasn't Cantarella's whole concession stand and parking lot empire (which frankly seems a little overblown, but even owning ONE parking lot in Downtown Manhattan is a pretty big deal) kicked off by the murder, which Cantarella was personally involved with, of one of his former partners back in the early 80s? Coppa was involved in a murder conspiracy too wasn't he?

I get Jimmy's point about the older guys basically leeching off the kids who are out there white knuckling it but that happens in every aspect of life. That's the whole fucking game. Hopefully he doesn't pivot into one of these bitter Alite types "none of these guys ever baseball batted anyone" etc...

Also wonder if Paulie G would have been killed if Pitera wasn't locked up. Maybe a good question to ask Jimmy if anyone out there submits questions or comments to the guy

Original poster - Bath Beach now is a lot of arabians and chinese. Some white people still left too. Lots of arabian kids who's fathers run delis or own businesses that drive around in Infinitis and shit like that. Kids that work in the MCA business. Still a lot of scumbaggery but it's modern day, not Italian street scumbaggery at the level it was at 30 years ago. Highly doubt there are any active social clubs left there lmao. Unless it's a storefront Mosque.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:08 am I like a lot of Jimmy's videos, most importantly the ones he did with Dades, the Rita Gigante interview, and the episode with Mikey Scars' ex-wife.

Today Jimmy did a Joe Massino video and spent a lot of it shitting on people like Cantarella, Coppa, and Graziano. Says none of them really ever did anything. I don't know whether that's true but wasn't Cantarella's whole concession stand and parking lot empire (which frankly seems a little overblown, but even owning ONE parking lot in Downtown Manhattan is a pretty big deal) kicked off by the murder, which Cantarella was personally involved with, of one of his former partners back in the early 80s? Coppa was involved in a murder conspiracy too wasn't he?

I get Jimmy's point about the older guys basically leeching off the kids who are out there white knuckling it but that happens in every aspect of life. That's the whole fucking game. Hopefully he doesn't pivot into one of these bitter Alite types "none of these guys ever baseball batted anyone" etc...

Also wonder if Paulie G would have been killed if Pitera wasn't locked up. Maybe a good question to ask Jimmy if anyone out there submits questions or comments to the guy

Original poster - Bath Beach now is a lot of arabians and chinese. Some white people still left too. Lots of arabian kids who's fathers run delis or own businesses that drive around in Infinitis and shit like that. Kids that work in the MCA business. Still a lot of scumbaggery but it's modern day, not Italian street scumbaggery at the level it was at 30 years ago. Highly doubt there are any active social clubs left there lmao. Unless it's a storefront Mosque.
But Jimmy is bitter. Despite his protestations, he misses the life and angry he is scraping by to survive. Cantarella admits barely making it through one year at Rikers where he stayed in his cell. Cantarella made someone money. Coppa made money and was involved in a murder conspiracy. Not sure of Graziano. But hey, it's Massino that made them.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

outfit guy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:40 am
newera_212 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:08 am I like a lot of Jimmy's videos, most importantly the ones he did with Dades, the Rita Gigante interview, and the episode with Mikey Scars' ex-wife.

But Jimmy is bitter. Despite his protestations, he misses the life and angry he is scraping by to survive. Cantarella admits barely making it through one year at Rikers where he stayed in his cell. Cantarella made someone money. Coppa made money and was involved in a murder conspiracy. Not sure of Graziano. But hey, it's Massino that made them.
Ehh... if he's a Teamster driving trucks in and around the city he's probably doing alright financially. Some of my neighbors do that and make great money. I think he's super sensitive to the comments and criticism and that's what really sets him off more than anything. However whenever I watch his videos, or once in a blue moon catch some of his live streams, I really don't see any negativity at all - so I wonder where and when he's receiving these comments. Anything alluding to him sending Spero to prison or alluding to him killing that woman really gets him going. I'm guessing the latest vitriol sent towards the Bonnano captains probably were in response to comments like "you were a nobody, you weren't made" etc... lmao
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

The Dades ones are very good.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

outfit guy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:47 am I presume he knows no one from the Bronx.

Joey Calco really does appear to be a piece of shit.

Tommy Reynolds, per some former convicts, is well liked and respected by everyone - gangs too - in prison; so is Benny.

Calandra blocked at one time; now he's more tolerant - barely - of criticism. He did not want to do the 50 years! And he refuses to accept that as the root cause of his cooperation. Like all rats, he deflects. Frank Cullotta self-effacingly labeled himself a rat; that evolved to cooperator.
Matty Madonna was a Bronx guy who Calandra was with after their Lewisburg bit