Informer Joey Cantalupo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Informer Joey Cantalupo

Post by DonPeppino386 »

His father Anthony Cantalupo started Cantalupo realty company which leader Joe Colombo would use as one of his headquarters. My question is does anyone know what became of Joey Cantalupo after he testified in the trials in the late 80s and early 90s? Is he still alive today? If not, When did he die?

He was great in the Crime Inc documentary and I’ve always tried to find out what happened to him.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
MightyDR
Straightened out

Re: Informer Joey Cantalupo

Post by MightyDR »

I don't know if he is still alive, but I would definitely recommend his book "Body Mike" to anyone interested in the NY mob in that time period. Given his salesman personality on Crime Inc, I was expecting some tall stories, but it is actually a very grim and candid look at life as a mob associate.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I have often wondered myself about Cantalupo, there isn't much information on him after that time period. Given his age at the time, my guess is he's probably dead by now.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Good question, I only saw him on Crime inc, does anyone know what happened to him after that?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

To me I remember not really liking his book.

Was a little slow and it really seemed like he was only a front for then boss Colombo to HQ ….

I don’t remember it being a Wiseguy type where Canatalopu was active in crimes etc… I remember thinking he was kinda soft but that was ain’t time ago I read the book

There really wasn’t much on the Colombo’s pre the Gallo/scarpa books or when i read this book
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

His interview was the first mafia interview I saw, at street level at least. I remember the story he did about how the Colombo’s extorted thousands of Dollars out of a 400$ loan.