Ralph Coppola

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Ralph Coppola

Post by Browniety86 »

I'm finding it hard to find much information on Ralphie Coppola, the murdered Genovese family captain. Can anyone provide any information on him other than his sanctioned murder. Thank you in advance.
Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Ralph Coppola

Post by Rocco »

Browniety86 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:00 pm I'm finding it hard to find much information on Ralphie Coppola, the murdered Genovese family captain. Can anyone provide any information on him other than his sanctioned murder. Thank you in advance.
His body was never found as far as I know. He was also one of Barney's closest friends. But I don't have much on him either.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Rocco wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:29 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:00 pm I'm finding it hard to find much information on Ralphie Coppola, the murdered Genovese family captain. Can anyone provide any information on him other than his sanctioned murder. Thank you in advance.
His body was never found as far as I know. He was also one of Barney's closest friends. But I don't have much on him either.
I know word is he was hit for skimming money from the family and he was whacked when Barney was locked up. I remember PB knew alot on this subject being from The Bronx and I read it but vaguely remember...something about maybe his brother in law Lenny Simon diming him out to the Genovese higher ups...
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He was also reportedly complaining a little too much about not being named Acting Boss.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:00 pm He was also reportedly complaining a little too much about not being named Acting Boss.

Pogo
I never heard that Pogo, thank you.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Weird a guy or to was sentence for conspiracy to kill him and nothing of the murder. How did pat deluca a genovese capo get charged but not charged for the murder. There must be a little info in his federal indictmemt if its on here. I remeber the feds knew ralph was killed in delucas club. How they know that even anuff to charge deluca but they never said who was the shooter or wheres the body
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:45 pm Weird a guy or to was sentence for conspiracy to kill him and nothing of the murder. How did pat deluca a genovese capo get charged but not charged for the murder. There must be a little info in his federal indictmemt if its on here. I remeber the feds knew ralph was killed in delucas club. How they know that even anuff to charge deluca but they never said who was the shooter or wheres the body
I just read his indictment. During his allocation, Scop DeLuca admitted to arranging the meeting between Coppola and another member, after which Ralphie was killed...Artie Nigro is included on the indictment but for an extortion case...
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

maybe it was nigro. he was a soldier who went straight to acting boss this is from the arilotta. he said guys were pissed artie went from soldier to acting boss and skipped deluca. maybe it factored in. nigro was acting boss of some shorts in 2003 he inducted arillotta in the bronx
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:45 pm Weird a guy or to was sentence for conspiracy to kill him and nothing of the murder. How did pat deluca a genovese capo get charged but not charged for the murder. There must be a little info in his federal indictmemt if its on here. I remeber the feds knew ralph was killed in delucas club. How they know that even anuff to charge deluca but they never said who was the shooter or wheres the body
Right a conspiracy to murder just means two people agreed to do it. All the questions you have is why no one was chargers with the actual murder. Where’s the body? Who was the shooter? Who were the witnesses etc. much easier to prove a conspiracy to murder than an actual murder
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Coppola got fast-tracked in the family, thanks to Barney Bellomo. They were childhood friends, but Coppola was also his chauffeur, bodyguard, debt collector, arsonist, etc.

On March 1, 1983, he torched a Holiday Inn in the Bronx, allegedly on Bellomo's orders. Coppola did a few years in the can for the crime and became a made member shortly after he got out.

By early to mid-1990, Bellomo promoted him to acting captain, and Ralphie became a very influential figure in the family. Mostly thanks to his pull in the Javits Center. There are quite a few stories about him from the 1980s and 1990s, and I might do a write-up on him when I have some free time.

The Feds received reliable information that he got clipped because he stole money from the family, but there were other transgressions before that. Shortly before his death, Coppola placed a downpayment for a very expensive mini-mansion in Upstate New York.
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

Look forward to reading that write up if you do it Eboli. It’s amazing g the pull the Westside had at the Javier’s Center
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Dr031718 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:26 am Look forward to reading that write up if you do it Eboli. It’s amazing g the pull the Westside had at the Javier’s Center
Absolutely Eboli, I'd love to read a write up on Coppola also...
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Look forward to that write up.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Interesting. If the genovese had absolute control of the javits center threw the 80tys almost to mid 90tys all the guys in there 20tys back then likely control it today
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Entry level positions i excell at.