William “Blackjack” DelSanto dead at 78

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

William “Blackjack” DelSanto dead at 78

Post by Wiseguy »

Longtime mob captain ‘Blackjack’ DelSanto dies at 78
By Tim White
January 10, 2022

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — William “Blackjack” DelSanto, a retired capo in the Patriarca crime family, has died.

DelSanto, 78, had been in poor health and suffered a series of strokes in the past year, according to sources. He died on Sunday.

Living in Cranston at the time of his death, DelSanto was originally from Federal Hill and was a throwback to the days when La Cosa Nostra was a significant force in New England. Law enforcement sources say DelSanto became a made member of the mob in the 1970s, when Raymond L.S. Patriarca was the boss.

DelSanto made headlines in the 1980s when he was fired from his job as a sidewalk inspector for the city of Providence, charged with being a “no-show” worker. Police arrested DelSanto after watching him on Federal Hill during working hours. But the charges were later dropped for lack of speedy trial and an arbitrator awarded him more than $200,000 for back pay and interest.

DelSanto — who went by “Billy” — was on law enforcement’s radar screen for years as a significant player in organized crime, but investigators considered him retired from the mob for more than a decade.

https://www.wpri.com/target-12/longtime ... ies-at-78/
All roads lead to New York.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: William “Blackjack” DelSanto dead at 78

Post by Wiseguy »

For Providence, that leaves...

Vito DeLuca/78
Matthew Guglielmetti Jr./74
Edward Lato/75
Luigi Manocchio/94
Raymond Patriarca Jr./77
Joseph Ruggiero/73
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

We can add Albino Folcarelli as a possible member. He was identified as a proposed member when he was indicted in 2011. He got out of prison in 2017.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Assuming you mean just on the street now? Ponytail Parillo is locked up
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Parillo is not made.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

mike68 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:45 am Assuming you mean just on the street now? Ponytail Parillo is locked up
No, all living members for Providence. As for Parillo, ^ what Pogo said above.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:50 am For Providence, that leaves...

Vito DeLuca/78
Edward Lato/75
Luigi Manocchio/94
Raymond Patriarca Jr./77
Joseph Ruggiero/73
Vito Deluca is Bobby Deluca’s brother right? I know Bobby turned government witness, but just to confirm, did Vito cooperate as well? I don’t think he did and think I’m confusing with another set of related members who both cooperated.

I grew up and still live in between Boston and Providence. My dad is from RI and actually lived on Federal Hill in the early 80’s. He used to work for a moving company in RI and could always tell when he was at a house or someone who was connected as there were mirrors everywhere so they could get snuck up on. I went to school in Providence and even in the late 2000’s/early 2010’s when I was in school, there were definitely some mob connected bars that all the underage college kids (myself included) would go to. There was even a mob gambling bust in 2006 (I was a freshman in 2007) that entangled Scarface Jenkins and Richard Angell with three of the bars that were notorious for letting underage college students drink at. Here’s a few articles from the gambling bust too.

https://www.thecowl.com/uncategorized/g ... -unearthed

https://www.sunjournal.com/2006/01/06/p ... m-monthly/
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

To further break things down. In 2011 LE released the names of the LCN members residing in Rhode Island. They were

Joseph Ruggiero
Raymond J. Patriarca
Rudolph Sciarra
Pasquale Galea
Vito DeLuca
William Delsanto
Joseph Achille
Robert Deluca

They didn't include the incarcerated members. They were

Mathew Guglielmetti
Edward Lato
Luigi Manocchio
Alfred Scivola
Anthony St. Laurent

Robert DeLuca's brother Joseph was also a member but I don't know if he was in prison in 2011 or even residing in RI. So a total of 13 or 14 members for Rhode Island in 2011. Since then both Robert and Joseph DeLuca have flipped and Sciarra, Galea, Scivola, Achille, St. Laurent and now DelSanto have died.

Pogo
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

Vito DeLuca is not related to Bobby DeLuca.

I dont want this to start a whole huge debate, but Ive got on good authority Parillo is made (he was/is incredibly close to Louie). My reporting on him is well known in certain circles on this forum, lol.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Parillo was indicted as an Associate in his 2015 case and they still refered to him as an associate and former associate when his appeal was denied in 2020.

https://www.wpri.com/target-12/inside-t ... l-beating/

https://www.providencejournal.com/story ... 113958452/
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:58 pm Parillo was indicted as an Associate in his 2015 case and they still refered to him as an associate and former associate when his appeal was denied in 2020.

https://www.wpri.com/target-12/inside-t ... l-beating/

https://www.providencejournal.com/story ... 113958452/
Maybe they are using old information. I know that mob stuff is Tim Whites jam but I dont know if reporters care all that much about what ranking he is.
I believe Scott on this one. He has not reason to make something so trivial up that ppl on here take so seriously.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Right. So Parillo wasn't on the member list released in 2011 (at a time when Scott claimed he was the Consigliere and next in line to be Boss) and we have LE referring to him as associate in 2015, 2016 and 2020 but that is not good enough for you? Some people just want to believe what they want to believe.

Pogo
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Vito DeLuca/78
Edward Lato/75
Luigi Manocchio/94
Raymond Patriarca Jr./77
Joseph Ruggiero/73
Anyone got a list of Boston members still around?

The family looks like it's now at about the same level Buffalo was at in the 2000s, after the LIUNA purge.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:47 pm

Vito DeLuca/78
Edward Lato/75
Luigi Manocchio/94
Raymond Patriarca Jr./77
Joseph Ruggiero/73
Anyone got a list of Boston members still around?

The family looks like it's now at about the same level Buffalo was at in the 2000s, after the LIUNA purge.
William Angelesco/51
Darin Bufalino/61
Robert Carrozza/81
Biagio DiGiacomo/74
Anthony DiNunzio/63
Carmen DiNunzio/64
Louis DiNunzio/35
Vincent Federico/61
Vincent Ferrara/73
Richard Gambale/78
Vincent Gioacchini/70
Dennis LePore/75
James Martorano/81
Michael Prochilo/52
Pryce Quintina/82
Frederick Simone/72
Anthony Spagnolo/80
Carmen Tortora/75

Not sure about these guys...

Salvatore Marino
Joseph Pingaro/64
Stephen Rossetti/62
John Salemme/77
John Scarpelli
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:33 pm Right. So Parillo wasn't on the member list released in 2011 (at a time when Scott claimed he was the Consigliere and next in line to be Boss) and we have LE referring to him as associate in 2015, 2016 and 2020 but that is not good enough for you? Some people just want to believe what they want to believe.

Pogo
I'm just saying the news could of took that piece from an old article. Just because the news reports it does not mean it's written in stone. Most reporters now don't know and don't care they probably think associate and friend is the same thing etc.they don't even know the difference. We should have someone ask Tim White if he heard he is made or what's going on... bc I like you Pogo and we can agree to disagree.