Merlino meeting with Lucchese administration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Merlino meeting with Lucchese administration

Post by chin_gigante »

https://sitdownnews.com/new-lucchese-philly-alliance/

John Pennisi reporting he has been told that Merlino has been seen meeting several times with Patty Dellorusso since coming off supervised release. Also that Merlino and Scoops Licata attended a Lucchese Christmas party in New Jersey in December.

Dave Schratwieser had previously reported that Merlino and "several other made guys" travelled to an undisclosed location in New York in August to "visit a close friend":

https://mobtalksitdown.com/mob-boss-joe ... -big-deal/

Jerry Capeci also reported in October that Merlino had visited New York "once or twice" after getting off supervised release:

https://www.ganglandnews.com/members/column1274.htm
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Re: Merlino meeting with Lucchese administration

Post by HoagieNose »

Looks like Joey isn’t being careful. Wonder where the Christmas party was at? And who from the Philly crew went
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

This is an interesting development.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Vic put out word that he doesn’t want anyone in his family to recognise Joey as the boss, so it’s strange to see DeSantis and Dellorusso recognise Joey because they are Amuso loyalists.Though it is not surprising because I would assume that this relationship will be financially beneficial for both sides.Vic doesn’t recognise Joey because Vic was close with Nicky Scarfo in USP Atlanta during the late 90s.At this point Joey Merlino is firmly recognised as boss by all families.I wonder what Vic Amuso’s reaction to this will be
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:54 pm Vic put out word that he doesn’t want anyone in his family to recognise Joey as the boss, so it’s strange to see DeSantis and Dellorusso recognise Joey because they are Amuso loyalists.Though it is not surprising because I would assume that this relationship will be financially beneficial for both sides.Vic doesn’t recognise Joey because Vic was close with Nicky Scarfo in USP Atlanta during the late 90s.At this point Joey Merlino is firmly recognised as boss by all families.I wonder what Vic Amuso’s reaction to this will be
Maybe with Scarfo dead he now recognizes Merlino
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Probably because it’s too impractical not to interact with Philly at this point. Pennisi made it sound like everybody’s broke as shit and the criminal pie is rapidly shrinking. More money is to be made together then by themselves
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Frank wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:26 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:54 pm Vic put out word that he doesn’t want anyone in his family to recognise Joey as the boss, so it’s strange to see DeSantis and Dellorusso recognise Joey because they are Amuso loyalists.Though it is not surprising because I would assume that this relationship will be financially beneficial for both sides.Vic doesn’t recognise Joey because Vic was close with Nicky Scarfo in USP Atlanta during the late 90s.At this point Joey Merlino is firmly recognised as boss by all families.I wonder what Vic Amuso’s reaction to this will be
Scarfo passed away in January of 2017.Pennisi flipped in October of 2018 and he says that during his time, Vic didn’t recognise Merlino
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:17 pm
Scarfo passed away in January of 2017.Pennisi flipped in October of 2018 and he says that during his time, Vic didn’t recognise Merlino
Yet his people were still regularly meeting with him; essentially window dressing.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Chucky wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:23 pm
Yet his people were still regularly meeting with him; essentially window dressing.
If Pennisi says Vic dont want him to recognize Merlino, Then who do they think they were recognizing when Pennesi and Joe Perna meet Dom, Chang , Stevie, And to top it off Wags (who are well known to be under Joey ) ...isnt that Recognizing Merlino ?

Quote from Pennisis blog ...
"Their first stop was to visit Joey Merlino’s main go-between, Raymond (Ray Wags) Wagner, at Wagner’s house. Wagner is allegedly one of South Philly’s biggest bookies
Next they went to a diner and met with Merlino’s underboss Steven (Handsome Stevie) Mazzone, consigliere John (Johnny Chang) Ciancaglini and Baby Dom Grande, introduced to him as a captain in the organization"
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

It is unlikely DeSantis/Dellorusso were meeting/recognizing Merlino without Vics approval.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:09 pm It is unlikely DeSantis/Dellorusso were meeting/recognizing Merlino without Vics approval.
Pure speculation on my part but, now that Nicky Sr. is dead and Jr. doing 30 years, I wouldn't be surprised if recognizing Merlino isn't an issue anymore.
All roads lead to New York.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:51 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:09 pm It is unlikely DeSantis/Dellorusso were meeting/recognizing Merlino without Vics approval.
Pure speculation on my part but, now that Nicky Sr. is dead and Jr. doing 30 years, I wouldn't be surprised if recognizing Merlino isn't an issue anymore.
My exact thoughts too.

Whats the point with both Scarfos out of play of keeping a beef.
There are no challengers to Merlino's stewardship, there's no one remotely entertaining a war. Pointless if theres money/connections to be made. Lukes have strong ties in Jersey, Im sure theres some overlap.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

Yeah, Pennisi the rat knows more than Jerry and Dave, and people more in the know than him. haha

Guy posted 3 articles and you are fixed on a low level guys take.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

How the fuck does he know this 😂
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Maybe he only holds so much sway in prison for life and in his 80s and DeSantis and Dellorusso make those decision and run the show on the streets.