Worst Speculation by the Press on LCN

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Worst Speculation by the Press on LCN

Post by Extortion »

1. The one situation that came to mind before I mad this article is the post Albert Anastasia hit theories and speculation by the media. One particular theory kind of boils me up and that is the “barbershop quartet” Carmine Persico, Joey Gallo, a bodyguard of Joey’s and someone else.

Okay, here’s my issue: The only evidence to support this at all is a joke Joey Gallo made when he was sitting at a bar with a group of Colombos/Gallos when a reporter or lawyer of some kind I believe named Sydney heard this joke and probably not understanding Joey Gallos internet troll-like gangster humor and joke about “da four of us yeeeaaahhh call us the barbershop quartet n*g*a” was so convincing to this individual (probably someone who can claim he knows Joey Gallo and he “told him everything!” Theres no fucking way he would say shit to an outsider even subliminally about the killing of a boss they did.

It is ridiculous this is basically the only evidence surrounding the Colombo theory. A Joey Gallo troll joke. For the record I think the Gambinos did it and used Biondo, Grammautata, Armones brother.

2. Carmine Persico being a squirrel 🐿 I mean rat 🐀 This is new so I don’t have to go over this again unless someone wants to discuss it in this thread, you are welcome too.

3. John Alite in all the news articles and magazine. We all know why so I’m not gonna explain.

4. Lucky Luciano prostitution case. He was clearly railroaded here by the press and prosecutors who wanted him like Michael Jackson wants little boys.

Pls add more..
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
TSNYC
Straightened out

Re: Worst Speculation by the Press on LCN

Post by TSNYC »

Carlo Gambino consolidating the five families into his single family.

Neil Dellacroce taking over the Gambino family from Carlo Gambino.

The whole Dellacroce dressing as a priest to kill people thing was always ridiculous. Classic tabloid nonsense.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

LCN being replaced by "the Russian Mafia."
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Cali being killed by Gene Gotti
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

I seem to remember a couple years ago there was some story in the press that John Gotti had sent a hitman from the US to Sicily to help with the assassination of Falcone. That was just silly.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

TSNYC wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:21 am Carlo Gambino consolidating the five families into his single family.

Neil Dellacroce taking over the Gambino family from Carlo Gambino.

The whole Dellacroce dressing as a priest to kill people thing was always ridiculous. Classic tabloid nonsense.
Oh yeah, I remember reading this now! Good reminder.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

I always see the press saying Tony Soprano is based after ‘this guy’ and ‘that guy’ from NJ without a shred of evidence or even a mention from David Chase who it is based after. This happened with The Godfather as well to an extent.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

The infamous Fortune 50 biggest mafia bosses article.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

TSNYC wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:21 am Neil Dellacroce taking over the Gambino family from Carlo Gambino.
Not really one of the worst since he was an actual consideration for the position.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Buffalino running the Genovese Family?
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:27 am I seem to remember a couple years ago there was some story in the press that John Gotti had sent a hitman from the US to Sicily to help with the assassination of Falcone. That was just silly.
That wasn’t random speculation, an informant stated that to the press. It doesn’t mean it’s a true story, but it wasn’t just pulled out of thin air.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Ivan wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:38 am LCN being replaced by "the Russian Mafia."
Yeah. I totally agree. That is ridiculous. The power of the Russian mob in USA is a semi-myth. It was overhyped by Hollywood and the media. The so called Russian mafia in USA is really divided and different. There are Russian, Ukrainian, Chechen, Azerbaijan, Armenian,Georgian, Polish crime groups etc. People tend to lump together these different Eastern European crime groups and call them the 'Russian mob' in a way that's very misleading and makes them out to be far more organised and structured. In reality the so called Russian mob in USA got bigged up about 20 years ago by organized crime experts and the media as the next big thing in the underworld but it never really materialised. Even in 2021 no other organised crime group in United States is as structured as LCN, and none have as much influence.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Nick Prango wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:45 pm
Yeah. I totally agree. That is ridiculous. The power of the Russian mob in USA is a semi-myth. It was overhyped by Hollywood and the media. The so called Russian mafia in USA is really divided and different. There are Russian, Ukrainian, Chechen, Azerbaijan, Armenian,Georgian, Polish crime groups etc. People tend to lump together these different Eastern European crime groups and call them the 'Russian mob' in a way that's very misleading and makes them out to be far more organised and structured. In reality the so called Russian mob in USA got bigged up about 20 years ago by organized crime experts and the media as the next big thing in the underworld but it never really materialised. Even in 2021 no other organised crime group in United States is as structured as LCN, and none have as much influence.
They aren’t really known for too much violence in the states but they certainly cornered the market and basically invented medicare fraud, not too mention the gas scam. Then there is the cybercrime. They seem to be more international and cell based. I can’t imagine a bunch of Vor here in the states, they tried it with that emissary guy Ivan and he didn’t work out because he probably did not understand how America’s government worked in regards to justice
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Extortion wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:53 pm
Nick Prango wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:45 pm
They aren’t really known for too much violence in the states but they certainly cornered the market and basically invented medicare fraud, not too mention the gas scam. Then there is the cybercrime. They seem to be more international and cell based. I can’t imagine a bunch of Vor here in the states, they tried it with that emissary guy Ivan and he didn’t work out because he probably did not understand how America’s government worked in regards to justice

My point is that comparing these eastern european ethnic crime groups ''the Russian mob" to LCN crime families is like comparing apples and oranges. These varied criminal organizations which are generally lumped together as being the “Russian Mafia” are not native born Americans in the same manner as the LCN members. They are usually foreign nationals, or recent immigrants, who simply view the United States as a large target to plunder. They aren’t looking for “territory” as it is portrayed in films and television; they are looking for opportunities to make legal and illegal profits. As you said they aren’t even really known for too much violence in USA.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:46 am
TSNYC wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:21 am Neil Dellacroce taking over the Gambino family from Carlo Gambino.
Not really one of the worst since he was an actual consideration for the position.

Sorry, I meant Neil taking it over from Carlo and either killing Carlo or pushing him aside.