Mobsters who smoke weed

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Mobsters who smoke weed

Post by Hired_Goonz »

We've heard of wiseguys with drinking problems or addictions to hard drugs like cocaine or heroin. But how many made men like to smoke the ganja? Some examples I can think of:

Anthony Rotondo of the DeCavs testified that he got baked daily from when he was 16 until he got arrested.

In "The Enforcer", a guy who was locked down with John Papalia in Kingston Penitentiary said that he and Johnny Pops would "smoke pot and talk about everything except business together"

Frank Calabrese Sr was recorded telling his son about an incident where he ran into another gangster on the street who was trying to buy some weed for Turk Torello, who was suffering from cancer at the time. Who knew that the Outfit was so progressive when it came to medicinal cannabis?

Any others that you guys can think of? I could see the Philly guys passing around a blunt or 2 before hitting up their favourite diner or dancing in the Mummer's parade.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Re: Mobsters who smoke weed

Post by TallGuy19 »

I read somewhere that Bonanno soldier Joe Benanti was drunk and high most of the time.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

When then Lucchese Acting UnderBoss Eugene "Boobsie" Castelle was arrested in 2001 he was high and had a joint in his possession.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Trafficante must have. He dressed way too cool.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
tmarotta
Straightened out

Post by tmarotta »

Greg Scarpa was known to smoke weed as well. Linda talked about how they used to smoke.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I wonder if some of the younger guys smoke daily like a lot of people of that age do. its crazy how many young adults, functioning or not, smoke non stop on a daily basis. it wouldn't surprise me if some of those philly guys would be the type to just blaze all day, but at the same time its a bad look I guess

i know we’re talking about pot, but I remember in 2010 when Danny Marino’s crew was hemmed up on Staten Island, it came out in the Post that every single crew member besides Marino himself, put in some sort of medical request at the jail through their lawyers for their Perc script. Young and old crew members alike all had perc prescriptions on the street
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

Perc way more dangerous to me
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Ronnie one arm was a Major coke head , I was in a bar in the late 90's and walked into the bathroom when I see 2 guys guarding the stall door while Ronnie was shoveling mounds up his nose
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

He'd stand at the end of the bar coked out of his skull surrounded by all the crew and neighborhood idiots just wide eyed and quiet downing drink after drink
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:36 am He'd stand at the end of the bar coked out of his skull surrounded by all the crew and neighborhood idiots just wide eyed and quiet downing drink after drink
Lol & the mob permitted high ranking mobsters to do that...
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Ray Ferritto lost part of his stomach due an ulcer so smoked week to calm the pain.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:46 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:36 am He'd stand at the end of the bar coked out of his skull surrounded by all the crew and neighborhood idiots just wide eyed and quiet downing drink after drink
Now that all this stuff is out , You realize alotta these guys are no different . All these supposed rules constantly broken, Basically its , Do whatever you want just don't let it be noticed , Don't make a fool of yourself or us and don't be an embarrassment, Do your shit but act accordingly because we all know plenty of guys were doing all types of drugs including heroin
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:34 am
Now that all this stuff is out , You realize alotta these guys are no different . All these supposed rules constantly broken, Basically its , Do whatever you want just don't let it be noticed , Don't make a fool of yourself or us and don't be an embarrassment, Do your shit but act accordingly because we all know plenty of guys were doing all types of drugs including heroin
Maybe it’s just me, I don’t like drug users, maybe that’s tolerate it, but not me. His grandson used to hit me up right before he got locked up, he sent me one last message right when he got released from prison, and then he just fizzled out. He’s going down the same path as Ronald, and Al.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:59 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:34 am
Maybe it’s just me, I don’t like drug users, maybe that’s tolerate it, but not me. His grandson used to hit me up right before he got locked up, he sent me one last message right when he got released from prison, and then he just fizzled out. He’s going down the same path as Ronald, and Al.
Who was that ? That was hitting you up