American LCN 21st century Murders

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

American LCN 21st century Murders

Post by Dave65827 »

Was wondering if You guys can help fill out the blanks in this. I didnt count the like half a dozen shady drug overdoses I found and suicide by cops.

John Jarjosa- Killed June 19th, 2000 was a Detroit enforcer and murder remains a mystery to this day

Anthony "The Hatched" Chiaramonti - Killed Thanksgiving day 2001 remains unsolved to this day

Frank Santoro (associate)- Killed Feburary 15, 2001 Shot and killed while walking his dog in the Bronx. Unsanctioned hit involving Vincent Basciano, Dominick Cicale, Anthony Indelicato and Anthony Donato. Basciano and Cicale were shooters. Santoro had been threatening to kidnap Basciano's kids so he got permission from his captain Patrick DeFilippo to hit him. Massino later scolded DeFilippo authorising the murder himself and also berated Basciano for using Indelicato in the hit as he belonged to Willie Riviello's crew. He also said Indelicato should have known better because he had previously been a captain.

Raymond Martorano - Philly mobster shot by unknown gunmen January 17th, 2002 remains unsolved

Gerard "Jerry the Blade" Bianchette- Killed August 10, 2002 protege of Anthony Zerrili assumed to be over a drug deal also getting into an argument with Jack Giaclone

Joseph Gurino - killed 2003 couldnt find anything concrete but had ties to John Gotti

John "Johnny Gongs" Casasanto - Killed November 23rd, 2003 remains unsolved but Damion Canalichio and Anthony Nicodemo are suspects in his killing. Allegedly Ordered by Joe Ligambi

Adolfo Bruno - Killed November 23rd 2003 shot by Frankie Roche a ordered by Arthur Nigro. He had fallen out of failure and was allegedly an informant. Famously involved informant Anthony Arillotta, Fotios Geas killer of whitey Bulger

Randolph Pizzolo (associate): Killed November 30th,2004 Ordered by Basciano and acting boss Michael Mancuso. Pizzolo was killed for being 'no good' and a drug addict. Lured to Brooklyn by Anthony Aiello and others where Aiello shot him. Massino was informed of the murder in prison by Basciano. Massino felt they should have just chased Pizzolo rather than killed him.

Lawrence Riccii- Found in the trunk of a car November 30th, 2005 refused to take a plea deal. Allegedly ordered by by Mikey Coppola

Anthony Zizzo - Underboss of Chicago disappeared August 31, 2006 remains unsolved

Rudolph Izzi- genovese family bookmaker found shot to death in his home June 8th 2007 unsolved

Frank Lagano- Lucchese soldier shot in the head outside his restaurant April 12th, 2007 remains unsolved

Anthony Seccafico- bonnano family soldier shot outside his home July 2nd, 2009 remains unsolved

Christopher castellano- Connected drug dealer killed Julty 4th, 2010. Connected to Salvatore Delligati and Robert Debello

Gino DiPietro - Philly associate killed December 12th, 2012 by (Allegedly Dominic Grande) with Anthony Nicodemo as the getaway driver he was killed for insult/unpaid debt/ being an informant

Joseph Rossi - Gambino informant killed by informant Nicholas "Nicky Skins" Stefanelli after he blamed him for snitching him out February 24th, 2012

Michael meldish- Purple gang leader killed November 13th, 2013 killed By Lucchese associate Terrence Caldwell ordered by Acting boss Matthew Madonna over a unpaid debt. Referred to as a piece of shit by authorities and a "nice man" by his land lady

Murders of LCN members/Associates in unrelated/unsanctioned hits but connected to LCN in some way

Vincent Zito- Lucchese associate killed October 2018 shot by gambino associate Anthony Pandrella allegedly tried to rob him

Sylvester Zattola- killed October 4th by bloods hired by his son Anthony Zottola Jr who had also tried to kill his bonnano associate brother Salvatore. Allegedly over poker machines

Whitey Bulger - killed october 29th, 2018 beaten to death by Genovese associate Freddy Geas, Patriarca associate Paul DeCologero along with an another accomplice

Frank Cali - Killed March 14, 2019 Gunned down by his nieces boyfriend a Qanon nut job Anthony Comello allegedly over him not wanting him to date his daughter. Anthony’s probably going to get shanked in prison

Napoleon Andrade-Tied to former Patriarca boss Luigi Manocchio associated shot and killed outside a halfway house on March 10,2019. Could not find anymore reports after the initial shooting

Carmine Carin- Colombo/ Lucchese/ Gambino ? (Papers have conflicting reports)family associate killed by Louis and Vincent Lacono 2016 beaten to death with a hammer to the head. Allegedly was friends with them and committed robberies with them. Also according to family members was seeking to distance himself from the mafia
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: American LCN 21st century Murders

Post by Dave65827 »

Forgot to include Rocco Maniscalco - Philly bookmaker killed June 10th, 2010 remains unsolved
As I heard he may have been killed by Drug dealers but it could also be Philly as it remains unsolved

No joke when I researched this there where like half a dozen shady overdoses all the way from Detroit to all the 5 families
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Rocco Maniscalco in 2010 in Philly, one of the cleanest Philly LCN hits ever in recent times.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:04 pm Rocco Maniscalco in 2010 in Philly, one of the cleanest Philly LCN hits ever in recent times.
Someone told me it may have been drug dealers but I doubt they could’ve done a clean hit like that so maybe I’ll put it in. The Philly family ain’t the brightest in LCN but they have a pretty decent record when it comes to unsolved the murders with the exception of Dipietro
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Dave65827 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:12 pm
NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:04 pm Rocco Maniscalco in 2010 in Philly, one of the cleanest Philly LCN hits ever in recent times.
Someone told me it may have been drug dealers but I doubt they could’ve done a clean hit like that so maybe I’ll put it in. The Philly family ain’t the brightest in LCN but they have a pretty decent record when it comes to unsolved the murders with the exception of Dipietro
That wasn’t a drug crew hit in that neighborhood no way, trust me. He was a bookmaker and also auto body shop scammer which are two areas Philly LCN is big into.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

The 2000 Rochester hit of anything Vaccaro would fit in the second category
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

I believe the driver of the getaway car, can't remember his name, fingered Anthony Calabrese as Chiarmonti's killer. Calabrese ended up dying in prison a couple years ago.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Also, Ronald Jarrett was shot multiple times in December 1999 and died of his wounds January 2000. His killer was never prosecuted.
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

John (John John) Jarjosa, Jr, was killed in 2001 in Detroit, not 2000. His dad has gotten into a physical altercation with Allen Hilf broken up by Jackie Giacalone in the months before and had just been jailed in the GAMETAX case when John John was banged out on 8 Mile .
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Jarrett, Chiaramonte, and Zizzo (presumed) are the three hits in the last ~20 years of known Outfit members and associates. On the boards we've identified several other possible Outfit related murders in the last 12 years.

Anthony Catalano: Went missing under suspicious circumstances in March 2009 after leaving his Bryn Mawr Ave home on Chicago's Northwest side. Catalano has never been found and internet rumors have long linked him to notorious disgraced physician and alleged Elmwood Park associate Joseph Giacchino, who ran a pill mill in Melrose Park.

Michael DeFillipis: Said to have been a friend and drug dealing partner of Anthony Catalano. DeFillipis was found beaten and stabbed to death in his condo near Grand and Harlem in December of 2009. Police recovered a prescription for 300 pills of Norco 10 in his glove compartment. In 2008 De Fillipis was busted by police after rolling his car over and was facing narcotics possession charges at the time of his death.

Norberto "Tank" Vélez: Vélez was an alleged enforcer/collector for the Outfit. In November 2010 he was found shot to death in the hallway of his Wrigleyville apartment building. Notably, Vélez's neighbor across the hall was Grand Ave associate Jeff Hollingshead, who was later arrested in 2013 on home invasion and racketeering charges. Scott B has reported that Hollingshead subsequently provided info to LE on several Outfit-related murders.

Giacomo Ruggirello: Ruggirello was a Sicilian-born restaurateur who owned the popular Trattoria Ruggirello in the affluent North Shore suburb of Highwood. In September of 2010, Ruggirello was found dead in a house fire at his home in nearby Highland Park. Police discovered that earlier the same day Ruggirello's restaurant had been burglarized and its safe stolen. His death was ruled a homicide. Later in 2017, the Chicago Tribune reported that the FBI had overheard reputed Outfit associate and former CPD officer Steve Mandell discussing the fire the day that it occurred. Mandell is currently serving a life sentence in Florence ADMAX for a gruesome kidnapping/extortion/torture/murder plot of a Chicago businessman in 2012 (while awaiting trial in 2013 Mandell also tried to have a witness in his case killed). Another detail worth noting is that in 2013, the Tribune reported that shortly before his death Ruggirello had rewrote his will to disinherit his daughters and leave his estate to a friend, Vincenzo Governali of Corleone, Sicily (The Corleone mafia has of course had members by the last name Governali/Governale, including one time capo Antonio Governale).

James Gerage: Gerage was a resident of affluent Barrington Hills and co-owner with his brother Chuck of Omega Demolition Corp., based in suburban Elgin. The company has been described as "troubled" by the Chicago press, due to a worksite fatality and scrutiny over potential "sweetheart" contract deals with the mayor of Rosemont. In September of 2016, Gerage was found beaten to death and set ablaze in his car in a largely vacant industrial section in the Near Southwest Side along the South Branch of the Chicago River. The Gerages have been rumored to have links to the Grand Ave Crew, and Scott B reported that sources in Chicago LE suspect that the murder was a mob hit. In 2019 the Tribune reported that convicted murderer Losardo Lucas was a person of interest in Gerage's murder, but so far as I know no charges have ever been filed and the case remains unsolved
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

I think a father and son "hung" themselves in NY or NJ I can't remember crap anymore

OD's always get my interest, there are so many unknowns
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:42 pm Jarrett, Chiaramonte, and Zizzo (presumed) are the three hits in the last ~20 years of known Outfit members and associates. On the boards we've identified several other possible Outfit related murders in the last 12 years.

Anthony Catalano: Went missing under suspicious circumstances in March 2009 after leaving his Bryn Mawr Ave home on Chicago's Northwest side. Catalano has never been found and internet rumors have long linked him to notorious disgraced physician and alleged Elmwood Park associate Joseph Giacchino, who ran a pill mill in Melrose Park.

Michael DeFillipis: Said to have been a friend and drug dealing partner of Anthony Catalano. DeFillipis was found beaten and stabbed to death in his condo near Grand and Harlem in December of 2009. Police recovered a prescription for 300 pills of Norco 10 in his glove compartment. In 2008 De Fillipis was busted by police after rolling his car over and was facing narcotics possession charges at the time of his death.

Norberto "Tank" Vélez: Vélez was an alleged enforcer/collector for the Outfit. In November 2010 he was found shot to death in the hallway of his Wrigleyville apartment building. Notably, Vélez's neighbor across the hall was Grand Ave associate Jeff Hollingshead, who was later arrested in 2013 on home invasion and racketeering charges. Scott B has reported that Hollingshead subsequently provided info to LE on several Outfit-related murders.

Giacomo Ruggirello: Ruggirello was a Sicilian-born restaurateur who owned the popular Trattoria Ruggirello in the affluent North Shore suburb of Highwood. In September of 2010, Ruggirello was found dead in a house fire at his home in nearby Highland Park. Police discovered that earlier the same day Ruggirello's restaurant had been burglarized and its safe stolen. His death was ruled a homicide. Later in 2017, the Chicago Tribune reported that the FBI had overheard reputed Outfit associate and former CPD officer Steve Mandell discussing the fire the day that it occurred. Mandell is currently serving a life sentence in Florence ADMAX for a gruesome kidnapping/extortion/torture/murder plot of a Chicago businessman in 2012 (while awaiting trial in 2013 Mandell also tried to have a witness in his case killed). Another detail worth noting is that in 2013, the Tribune reported that shortly before his death Ruggirello had rewrote his will to disinherit his daughters and leave his estate to a friend, Vincenzo Governali of Corleone, Sicily (The Corleone mafia has of course had members by the last name Governali/Governale, including one time capo Antonio Governale).

James Gerage: Gerage was a resident of affluent Barrington Hills and co-owner with his brother Chuck of Omega Demolition Corp., based in suburban Elgin. The company has been described as "troubled" by the Chicago press, due to a worksite fatality and scrutiny over potential "sweetheart" contract deals with the mayor of Rosemont. In September of 2016, Gerage was found beaten to death and set ablaze in his car in a largely vacant industrial section in the Near Southwest Side along the South Branch of the Chicago River. The Gerages have been rumored to have links to the Grand Ave Crew, and Scott B reported that sources in Chicago LE suspect that the murder was a mob hit. In 2019 the Tribune reported that convicted murderer Losardo Lucas was a person of interest in Gerage's murder, but so far as I know no charges have ever been filed and the case remains unsolved
Thank you maybe I’ll create a third Category of “suspected hits” I believe there are a few suspected hits in Southern Florida with the Genovese crew too or maybe I’m misremembering something . These Chicago guys and Philly seem to get these hits done more professionally
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

West Coast1 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:51 pm I think a father and son "hung" themselves in NY or NJ I can't remember crap anymore

OD's always get my interest, there are so many unknowns
The one I believe the most that was foul play is that one Detroit guy Carlo Bommarito was The ambassador to the Albanian,Biker gangs and was basically a total fuck up, drug addict and skimming some of the money himself
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Here’s another one in Jersey they think might be a DeCav hit, specifically the Abramo Crew:

https://www.app.com/story/news/investig ... 114327002/
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

I think you can add the Monty Massimi homicide in 2007 to this list. Monty and his murderer, Sam Vacanti, both appear to have significant connections to members and/or associates of Italian organized crime in Buffalo and elsewhere (or what is left of IOC in Buffalo-depending on your view.) viewtopic.php?p=140553#p140553