According to Gene Borrello Blood and crip gang members love Italian mob guys

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

According to Gene Borrello Blood and crip gang members love Italian mob guys

Post by Nick Prango »

According to Gene Borrello Blood and crip gang members love Italian mob guys because the Italians have such a long history of putting their middle finger up to the law. In all of his interviews he says that black and hispanic gang members have admiration for LCN guys. I don't like him, but i am curious about that. Is this true?
Rocco
Full Patched

Re: According to Gene Borrello Blood and crip gang members love Italian mob guys

Post by Rocco »

Gene is a Squid...
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: According to Gene Borrello Blood and crip gang members love Italian mob guys

Post by Shellackhead »

You can see it on social media, a lot of black guys have Italian names/nicknames as username, Vito Genovese, Jimmy Two Times, x Gambino, etc.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Shellackhead wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:09 am You can see it on social media, a lot of black guys have Italian names/nicknames as username, Vito Genovese, Jimmy Two Times, x Gambino, etc.
It's not just in the states West Indies, Africa, UK, Canada. For example, In Jamaica they refer to the big crooks who answer to the politicians as DONS.
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

The Mexican Mafia, chose that name specifically because of the reputation of the “Italian mafia”
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

NY Latin artist mention the mob in some of their verses lines as the epitome of gangsterism.
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

Yes... east coast bloods have a rank of capo as a mid level member of their lineup... but... this does not mean they would bow down to an over exertion of power. They respect it but they don’t fear it anymore.
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Well... I actually can add some two cents on first hand knowledge.

First off YES THE MAFIA IS IDOLIZED BY MOST STREET GANGS including blood and crip. Ten fold.

It just so happens that as of the last three months.... my company.... THE CUT DETROIT.... just became one of the biggest and hottest Detroit hip hop promotion and management and radio shows here.

Iv been sponcered by 3 different clothing stores to promote there shops while I do radio shows now.

And...
Big thanks to SCOTT we will be doing a LIVE PODCAST on air and on YOU TUBE with GANGSTER REPORT!!!!
On st Valentines day massacres anniversary .

I'd appreciate anyone tuning in when the time comes.

Hey FAG-getsboutit ... #s dont like you TOOL
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

he said that the regular run of the mill WASP type white guy would get instantly targeted and victimized in the State (and Rikers) while Italian white guys from the boroughs were all thought to be connected to some degree, and while they still had to fight and hold their own, they weren't picked on as much. But, they still had to fight and hold their own. Rikers and a lot of the state prisons are filled with kids who respect nada. Gene would be the first to say he didnt have an easy time and while still actually connected he said he fought almost every day in Rikers. The fact that he held his own probably helped him in there a lot more than the vowel at the end of his last name. Plus he was young and can connect more with the younger kids in there versus an old timer.

Those kids in Rikers arent giving anyone a pass. Maybe an old timer with a huge name and huge money could coast off of that, but theres still a big chance of some random maniac starting something. Gene said his whole thing was if you were a gangster you weren't letting anyone make you live a certain way or get in your face, and it was that attitude that “won over” the street gang kids
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

newera_212 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:17 pm he said that the regular run of the mill WASP type white guy would get instantly targeted and victimized in the State (and Rikers) while Italian white guys from the boroughs were all thought to be connected to some degree, and while they still had to fight and hold their own, they weren't picked on as much. But, they still had to fight and hold their own. Rikers and a lot of the state prisons are filled with kids who respect nada. Gene would be the first to say he didnt have an easy time and while still actually connected he said he fought almost every day in Rikers. The fact that he held his own probably helped him in there a lot more than the vowel at the end of his last name. Plus he was young and can connect more with the younger kids in there versus an old timer.

Those kids in Rikers arent giving anyone a pass. Maybe an old timer with a huge name and huge money could coast off of that, but theres still a big chance of some random maniac starting something. Gene said his whole thing was if you were a gangster you weren't letting anyone make you live a certain way or get in your face, and it was that attitude that “won over” the street gang kids
I have read on gangsterbb that Ronnie one Arm Trucchio had just about anything he wanted while he was awaiting sentencing in Rikers in 2003 including protection and all the unwanted attention from every inmate on the block/house, Including the CO'S. Like the biggest celebrity on planet earth was there . They all went way out of there way to make sure he was as comfortable,accomodated,protected as humanly possible. He would sit in the day room every once n a while and tell stories, no one made noise , It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. This guy on gangster bb says that mob guys who are being held at rikers usually live like kings, The more known ones ! Especially if they are in the News .CO's supply and snuggle them everything under the sun and give them tons of privileges and access to whatever.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

The whites in New York are soft noway this shit happens in a Californian prison
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

Shellackhead wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:09 am You can see it on social media, a lot of black guys have Italian names/nicknames as username, Vito Genovese, Jimmy Two Times, x Gambino, etc.
Yep a ton use Gambino and Gotti names for sure as well as Sosa and shit from Scarface. If they only knew what most mafia guys thought of them.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

dixiemafia wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:22 pm
Yep a ton use Gambino and Gotti names for sure as well as Sosa and shit from Scarface. If they only knew what most mafia guys thought of them.
They’re like how the Italians were when they first came here, no rules or nothing. Just straight up killing each other, but with more money.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

There was in the 1980s the mafioso rap a type of rap where they glorified the mob.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Yeah, the 'mafioso' rap was a big deal in the 90s. Even mainstream guys like Jay-Z had the mafia references. I think it started around Gotti's trials with Kool G Rap, the 'G' stands for GIancana, lol. I think the younger gang bangers these days don't give a fuck about worshiping guys like Vinny Asaro with his cheap sweaters. Most of them are too young to remember the Cosa Nostra glamorization, the 24/7 mob news, the good Scorsese movies, Joe Pesci smoking a cigar with Letterman, etc. There's still respect for the mob, but it's far from what it was in the 80s and 90s. Probably on par with black gangsters like Maserati Rick from Detroit, Big Meech from Atlanta, etc. What's funny is that all these older gangsters were heavily influenced by the mob and attempted to replicate the organizational structure.