Mike Sarno requesting release

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Mike Sarno requesting release

Post by funkster »

Another attempt at an early release.

Reputed mob boss Michael “the Large Guy” Sarno says 10 years behind bars has reduced him to “a senior citizen with severe medical issues,” and he wants out of federal prison early because of the “deadly risk” of the pandemic.

A petition filed Monday seeks compassionate release for the 62-year-old Sarno, who was sentenced to 25 years in 2012 for ordering the bombing of a rival business in Berwyn to protect his illegal and lucrative video poker operation.

“Mr. Sarno poses no danger to any person or to his community,” the petition argues. “Between his multitude of medical issues and confinement to a wheel chair, he is no longer the Michael Sarno of the past.”

“For anybody to suggest that Mr. Sarno belongs in jail and that he is a violent offender — it’s wrong, it’s misplaced,” Sarno’s lawyer, John Chwarzynski, told the Tribune Tuesday. “Mr. Sarno should be back at home. He should be with his family.”

When he was sentenced, a federal judge noted that the bombing took place on a public street in Berwyn and that Sarno was willing to endanger people who might have been nearby. “The need to protect the public is very high,” the judge said.

Sarno’s crew also engaged in smash-and-grab robberies in which hundreds of thousands of dollars in gems were stolen from jewelry stores and then fenced at a Cicero pawnshop operated by the Outlaws motorcycle gang, according to prosecutors.

The petition argues that the 25-year sentence was overly harsh, contending the evidence against Sarno was not strong and the judge wrongly considered him a career criminal. “By keeping Mr. Sarno in jail, they are now essentially changing his sentence to the death penalty, and that’s not right,” Chwarzynski said.

The petition details a host of medical problems: “Empyema of the lungs, chronic obstructive asthma, iron deficiency anemia, benign hypertrophy of prostate, an enlarged gallbladder, renal failure, an elevated white blood cell count, he is 100% incontinent, hypertension, osteoarthritis of the knees requiring two total knee replacements, and is unable to walk and ambulates with a wheel chair.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html
Jimmy Napoli
Straightened out

Re: Mike Sarno requesting release

Post by Jimmy Napoli »

There is zaro chance for release after 10 of 25 and he is relative still young(can live 15+easily).
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

no way he gets out... this Chicago ..but I don't think Beetlejuice is gonna hook him up...
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Vince Dublino and Frank Porro aren't going to be happy if this guy gets out...then again, those guys just walk around like they didn't do anything wrong. I was always dumbfounded nothing happened to those guys once Dublino testified and they went into business together. They own gambling dens all over the suburbs - one in Riverside that I've been to.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Jimmy Napoli wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:47 am There is zaro chance for release after 10 of 25 and he is relative still young(can live 15+easily).
Isn't he morbidly obese? I would be shocked if he made it past his sentence the last pics I remember seeing of him.

I agree there is no way he is getting out early though.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

It actually costs less for these guys to be out of prison on home confinement than sitting in prison. Not advocating for this guy just making a comment. (However Joseph DiNapoli is a different story...no reason not to have home confinement for an illegal gambling charge...but I won't harp on that...)
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

mafiastudent wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:38 pm It actually costs less for these guys to be out of prison on home confinement than sitting in prison. Not advocating for this guy just making a comment. (However Joseph DiNapoli is a different story...no reason not to have home confinement for an illegal gambling charge...but I won't harp on that...)
“I’m not going to harp....... But here’s a harp....”
🙄
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:29 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:38 pm It actually costs less for these guys to be out of prison on home confinement than sitting in prison. Not advocating for this guy just making a comment. (However Joseph DiNapoli is a different story...no reason not to have home confinement for an illegal gambling charge...but I won't harp on that...)
“I’m not going to harp....... But here’s a harp....”
🙄
No...this is a harp...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:40 pm
Jimmy Napoli wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:47 am There is zaro chance for release after 10 of 25 and he is relative still young(can live 15+easily).
Isn't he morbidly obese? I would be shocked if he made it past his sentence the last pics I remember seeing of him.

I agree there is no way he is getting out early though.
I imagine he lost a few pounds in prison. Prison is more effective at weight loss than Weight Watchers.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:17 pm Vince Dublino and Frank Porro aren't going to be happy if this guy gets out...then again, those guys just walk around like they didn't do anything wrong. I was always dumbfounded nothing happened to those guys once Dublino testified and they went into business together. They own gambling dens all over the suburbs - one in Riverside that I've been to.
Isn't Dublino connected? Thought he was married to someone's daughter.
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

From chin’s other thread, from the John Pennisi testimony;

“He [Matthew Madonna] said that we were -- as a member of the Family, I was never to go after or try to date anybody's wife or another member's wife or girlfriend, for that matter; that I was not to put my hands on any other member, but if they put their hands on me, just kill them and we would sort it out afterwards.”

So Madonna and DiNapoli are of course in the same Luchesse admin. They’re non fussed about killing people for whatever misdemeanour they sit fit. Yet you are suggesting they release DiNapoli, an old man on a gambling charge.

This is a prime example as to why you come across as a crack pot.

Why are all the broads on these forums mental? Tag, that Ann who used to back and forth with Louie in the early 2000s, I’m sure there’s a few others.
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Ozgoz wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:48 am

“He [Matthew Madonna] said that we were -- as a member of the Family, I was never to go after or try to date anybody's wife or another member's wife or girlfriend, for that matter; that I was not to put my hands on any other member, but if they put their hands on me, just kill them and we would sort it out afterwards.”

So Madonna and DiNapoli are of course in the same Luchesse admin. They’re non fussed about killing people for whatever misdemeanour they sit fit. Yet you are suggesting they release DiNapoli, an old man on a gambling charge.

Why are all the broads on these forums mental? Tag, that Ann who used to back and forth with Louie in the early 2000s, I’m sure there’s a few others.
Pennisi - a delusional liar who beat up his girlfriend amongst other insane things. Glad to know there are people out there like you who gladly feed into the governments narrative.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

mafiastudent wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:19 am
Ozgoz wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:48 am

Pennisi - a delusional liar who beat up his girlfriend amongst other insane things. Glad to know there are people out there like you who gladly feed into the governments narrative.
Alot of posters on here feed into the govts basis for guilt on here. What you are guilty of and locked up for and what you say is two different things... saying you want to do harm to someone who messes around with your friends or family members wife...millions a people would be locked up and if its your wife that someone is messing around with...forget about it... half of the male population would be in jail if their words could give them jail time...what you say and what you do and what you are accused of and what you get found guilty of are not mutually inclusive.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

With that being said, the Sarno case, why is it getting media attention with Covid? Everybody and their mothers is using covid 19 for early release...they should advertise all the far worse sickening sex trafficking and crimes against children offenders applying for covid...do not release sarno, but the guy who fondled your 5 yr olds balls in the shower and filmed it for himself is not danger to the community?
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:36 am With that being said, the Sarno case, why is it getting media attention with Covid? Everybody and their mothers is using covid 19 for early release...they should advertise all the far worse sickening sex trafficking and crimes against children offenders applying for covid...do not release sarno, but the guy who fondled your 5 yr olds balls in the shower and filmed it for himself is not danger to the community?
Because it's organized crime...good headlines for the government to show they're indispensable and worthy of our tax dollars.