"Sonny Pinto"

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mr. Madbull
Associate

"Sonny Pinto"

Post by Mr. Madbull »

Hi everyone,

Was Carmine Dibiasi aka "Sonny Pinto" the main shooter in the Gallo hit and was he formally inducted into any of the families? Pretty vile dude from the little I could scrape up online. Read Thom's story on Gangster Inc. Thom had him on the lam and he was one of the first mob guys to be placed on the FBI's Most Wanted list. Very good read.

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/b ... ne-dibiase
Mr. Madbull
Associate

Re: "Sonny Pinto"

Post by Mr. Madbull »

Also, does anyone want to shoot me a PM and tell me what happened to JBell? I caught the thread on BB and it got scrapped literally the night before he was up for sentencing. Have to admit I talked to the dude on and off. He lived really close to my Ex and we would just shoot the breeze about girls and food and such. Have to say I was more than a little surprised to hear all the bullshit he got up to. Really curious to hear what happened to him. Thanks.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

The whole thing is confusing. Joe Luparelli testified that Sonny Pinto, with two brothers, killed Joey Gallo and wounded bodyguard Pete the Greek. But according to research and eyewitnes accounts, it was a lone gunman who calmly walked into Umbertos and fired the shots. So it´unclear if Luparelli was telling the truth. Pinto and the brothers were never charged. None of them were actually found. D´Arco claims that Pinto was killed while he was on the lam. His body has never been found.

Pinto was a feared hitman with many bodies under his belt. I don´t think he was made. But in connection with the Granello investigation, an informant said that Pinto was a "Genovese soldier". Another informant, Harold Konigsberg, advised the FBI in 1965, that Pinto was not made, but he was proposed. Pinto seems to have had close connections to numerous guys in different Families. He was associated with Joe Yack (Colombo), Rusty Rastelli (Bonanno) and Matty Ianniello (Genovese), among others.

Welcome aboard Mr Madbull!
There you have it, never printed before.
Mr. Madbull
Associate

Post by Mr. Madbull »

Thanks for the info, Hairy. I've heard the same about the lone gunman. Just read Thom's article a couple day's ago. So much misinformation floating around the various boards and sites. I did like the way Diapoulis wrote: "And here come's Sonny Pinto, wide and dark!" I haven't read The Greek's book however, which looks like it's gotten pretty good reviews. Mainly brought up Pinto because I've been curious about Frank Illiano. Any good info about him? I'll try the search engine.
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

Joe Luparelli wrote a book called "The Luparelli Tapes" He says neither him or Sonny Pinto were made guys because the books were closed. The book is a good read but I think he exaggerates his own importance. He claims Joe Yacavalli told him to kill his own wife because he spent too much time with her, which I find unbelievable.

On a sidenote, Frank Sheeran who claims he killed Hoffa also claims he killed Joey Gallo!
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

JosephLuparelli.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.