The Godmother

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

The Godmother

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I recently watched Cocaine Cowboys 2.
So what happened to Griselda Blanco after she left prison?? Assuming she stayed in control bc she was murdered eventually.

Is she another build up like Frank Lucas?? Bc CC2 had her going after Escobar at one time.... Is that possible??
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: The Godmother

Post by Lupara »

She was killed a couple of years ago.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

idk if she was still involved because i imagine she had plenty of enemies, so even though it took a while for her to get killed it could have been over something from years ago.

her son was gonna have a reality show or some shit if i remember correctly
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

She was shot and killed in Colombia in 2012.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griselda_Blanco
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

She named one of her sons Michael Corleone.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: The Godmother

Post by Lupara »

Amershire_Ed wrote:She named one of her sons Michael Corleone.
The only one still alive just as the fictional one. [emoji846]
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Lupara wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:38 pm
I think that idiot tried to start his own reality tv show. Don't think it went anywhere.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Godmother

Post by Lupara »

Etna wrote:
Lupara wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:38 pm
I think that idiot tried to start his own reality tv show. Don't think it went anywhere.
Yeah the name alone won't cut it. And being the son of a bloodthirsty demon who killed little children won't either.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Is she as big as the movies depicted?? Or basically another Frank Lucas.

It seems she was actually pretty big if she actually went and killed Pablo's guys that were even hiding in Barrio Pablio Escobar
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:41 am Is she as big as the movies depicted?? Or basically another Frank Lucas.

It seems she was actually pretty big if she actually went and killed Pablo's guys that were even hiding in Barrio Pablio Escobar
I think so. They did a lot more killing and coke was bigger than heroin. I think Frank Lucas is a bit overblown. He was big, but in a smaller pond. The murders rate of the coke gangs in the 80's was insane.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

bert wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:47 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:41 am Is she as big as the movies depicted?? Or basically another Frank Lucas.

I think so. They did a lot more killing and coke was bigger than heroin. I think Frank Lucas is a bit overblown. He was big, but in a smaller pond. The murders rate of the coke gangs in the 80's was insane.
I always assumed Nicky Barnes was the true power in NYC in that era, and that Lucas was just a loudmouth, but I’m by no means well versed in that era’s history.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

stubbs wrote:

I always assumed Nicky Barnes was the true power in NYC in that era, and that Lucas was just a loudmouth, but I’m by no means well versed in that era’s history.
I believe Frank Matthews was bigger than both of them. American Gangster was probably more Matthews' story than Frank in terms of the scale of his operation and dealings with the Italians. Frank may have well borrowed parts of Matthews' story for his own.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Does anyone have a list of names of Blanco's crew? If she was able to hit people in Escobar's territory then she had a lot of connections and reach. I'm also wondering why Escobar didn't have her killed. He could've gotten to anybody if he wanted but apparantly he respected her.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Lupara wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:13 am
stubbs wrote:

I believe Frank Matthews was bigger than both of them. American Gangster was probably more Matthews' story than Frank in terms of the scale of his operation and dealings with the Italians. Frank may have well borrowed parts of Matthews' story for his own.
Lucas definitely borrowed from Matthew’s story;
“He led a flamboyant lifestyle, with large sable mink coats, prime seats at major sporting events, luxury vehicles, and regular trips to Las Vegas where he was treated like a king” - Quote describing Frank Matthew.

Sounds exactly like that scene In American Gangster, where Lucas was wearing that massive Mink coat while attending that high profile boxing match, in I think Las Vegas. Lol
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Godmother

Post by Lupara »

Peppermint wrote:
Lupara wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:13 am
stubbs wrote:

Lucas definitely borrowed from Matthew’s story;
“He led a flamboyant lifestyle, with large sable mink coats, prime seats at major sporting events, luxury vehicles, and regular trips to Las Vegas where he was treated like a king” - Quote describing Frank Matthew.

Sounds exactly like that scene In American Gangster, where Lucas was wearing that massive Mink coat while attending that high profile boxing match, in I think Las Vegas. Lol
Was thinking the same. [emoji1303]