Carlo's Cousins: The Shadowy Sicilian Connection - Cherry Hill Gambinos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mafiastudent
Full Patched

Carlo's Cousins: The Shadowy Sicilian Connection - Cherry Hill Gambinos

Post by mafiastudent »

Hi guys,

I've just completed an extensive article on the Cherry Hill Gambinos. It's a 3 part series. Part 1 is live on the site right now. The other two parts will be up this week/early next week. Here's a preview to whet your appetites:

-----

"Mr. Kelly, I've done a lot of things in my life, and you don't need to know."
- John Gambino to his Boston-based lawyer Paul Kelly, who represented him during his extradition hearing in 2006.

Carlo Gambino's crime Family was infused with blood relatives, but none were more mysterious and shadowy than the Cherry Hill Gambinos.
Headed by Carlo's cousin John, the savvy and charismatic Sicilian had one foot in the U.S. and the other in Italy and became the monumental bridge for drug trafficking between the two countries.

Don Carlo and the rest of La Cosa Nostra might have put a "ban" on that type of "infamnia", but it was a lucrative business that made billions for the Families.

And John was at the top of that lucrative totem pole.

https://theblackhand.club/john-gambino/

-----

Hope you all enjoy!
Frank
Full Patched

Re: Carlo's Cousins: The Shadowy Sicilian Connection - Cherry Hill Gambinos

Post by Frank »

mafiastudent wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:33 pm Hi guys,

I've just completed an extensive article on the Cherry Hill Gambinos. It's a 3 part series. Part 1 is live on the site right now. The other two parts will be up this week/early next week. Here's a preview to whet your appetites:

-----

- John Gambino to his Boston-based lawyer Paul Kelly, who represented him during his extradition hearing in 2006.

Carlo Gambino's crime Family was infused with blood relatives, but none were more mysterious and shadowy than the Cherry Hill Gambinos.
Headed by Carlo's cousin John, the savvy and charismatic Sicilian had one foot in the U.S. and the other in Italy and became the monumental bridge for drug trafficking between the two countries.

Don Carlo and the rest of La Cosa Nostra might have put a "ban" on that type of "infamnia", but it was a lucrative business that made billions for the Families.

-----

Hope you all enjoy!
Nice, looking forward to part 2 and 3. Is it confirmed that John Gambino was made in Italy and then would have transferred to the Gambinos. Or was he an associate in Sicily??
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Frank wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:03 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:33 pm Hi guys,

-----

-----

Hope you all enjoy!
Nice, looking forward to part 2 and 3. Is it confirmed that John Gambino was made in Italy and then would have transferred to the Gambinos. Or was he an associate in Sicily??
Thanks!

Nothing is confirmed. There's a lot of conflicting information regarding several things...it's mind boggling. But the guy, and that faction in general, are worthy of a book of their own.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Great article... Website is really nice..

I have MANY questions.....lol bear with me..

I really like the part on Mannino. If he doesnt go to jail, thanks to Sammy the rat, I think hes actually ranked higher than Cali.

What's you guy's take on Franceso Gambino? Ciccio...

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html

And maybe.... Salvatore Spatola?

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1989/01/27 ... 601880400/
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Good stuff! Note that you have a typo, should be Yogi Merlino, Joey Merlino’s uncle was the Philly mobster who flipped. His brother Chuckie was Philly’s underboss for a while.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I was under impression Johnny was NEVER made in Sicily....

As well as I kinda remmember Buschetta saying that anyone who was made in Sicily could NOT be made in USA. because there loyalty can not to be two different clans
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:53 am I was under impression Johnny was NEVER made in Sicily....

As well as I kinda remmember Buschetta saying that anyone who was made in Sicily could NOT be made in USA. because there loyalty can not to be two different clans
He did say that. And there's a lot of conflicting information, too. Buscetta plays a part in John's trial in the 90s which is talked about later. He was very close to that family and the people that were in John's inner circle and if you take that information, how it relates to the Second Mafia war, and then Buscetta's involvement in that 1990s trial, it leaves you with lots of questions. There are a lot of threads.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

stubbs wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:29 am Good stuff! Note that you have a typo, should be Yogi Merlino, Joey Merlino’s uncle was the Philly mobster who flipped. His brother Chuckie was Philly’s underboss for a while.
Thanks! I'll take care of that....sometimes the fingers don't work right!
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:28 am Great article... Website is really nice..

I have MANY questions.....lol bear with me..

I really like the part on Mannino. If he doesnt go to jail, thanks to Sammy the rat, I think hes actually ranked higher than Cali.

What's you guy's take on Franceso Gambino? Ciccio...

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html

And maybe.... Salvatore Spatola?

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1989/01/27 ... 601880400/
I guess it's possible that Mannino would have outranked Cali, if Sammy doesn't turn rat. Mannino was 6 years older than Cali. Does that translate to Mannino would have been named Underboss in 2012 instead of Cali, not a for sure thing.
Griz23
Straightened out

Post by Griz23 »

Wow this was a great read that was very informative. I was familiar with John Gambino but did not know much about his brothers. This seemed to be a very powerful part of the family seeing that many of the people at the top of the Gambino's are from this crew. I look forward to part two and three.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

the only brother who was made in sicily was rosario gambino (uditore family)
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Father and Sons was the best pizza in Chicago....
I ate there many times ......a couple on Xmas...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Is Circus Fruits still operational? Maybe a different name/ Corporation?
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:34 am Is Circus Fruits still operational? Maybe a different name/ Corporation?
Yes, there's four of them listed -- all active. Same name.
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:55 pm Father and Sons was the best pizza in Chicago....
I ate there many times ......a couple on Xmas...
Eat there all the time...what’s the connection to John Gambino