Firm with gov‘t contracts ‘hired’ accused killer, mobster

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

A Manhattan firm that has received more than $45 million in city and state contracts had an accused killer and Bonanno family mobster working as the president of a key division — but failed to reveal his criminal past on state disclosure forms, sources told The Post. Neil Messina, 52, was sentenced to 18 years in federal prison last April for his role in a botched 1992 home invasion robbery that left a man and his German shepherd dead. But Tri-State Employment Services — which provides temps, consultants and other business services to a host of city and state agencies — never mentioned his January 2011 arrest on a murder charge when it filed vendor responsibility forms with the state comptroller in February 2012.

Read more: http://nypost.com/2015/02/17/firm-that- ... inal-past/
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Firm with gov‘t contracts ‘hired’ accused killer, mobste

Post by JCB1977 »

Any relation to Joe Messina?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

JCB1977 wrote:Any relation to Joe Messina?
He could be the son of Joe or Antonio Messina. There have been a bunch of Messinas in the family and I believe JD tied them to the Gaspare DiGregorio crew in the 1960's. Joseph and Antonio would have been about the right age to be this guy's father. There was also a Giovanni Messina who is related... probably their father.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

More on Messina and Bonizio and some government connections

The state’s newly minted Assembly speaker, Carl Heastie, accepted cash from a mobster convicted of racketeering and steered thousands more to a man who did time for manslaughter, records show.
Heastie also directed at least $250,000 to the Bronx Business Alliance. The now-defunct nonprofit’s head, John Bonizio, was convicted of manslaughter in 1982 for bludgeoning a man to death with a baseball bat. Bonizio also made a plea deal after being indicted in the same year for trying to bribe an NYPD detective.

Read more: http://nypost.com/2015/03/02/records-sh ... d-mobster/