Joe Fosco

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Joe Fosco

Post by Angelo Santino »

This guy had a decent blog, always trashed Di Fronzo, called him a rat and attributed murders to the man that he was never formally charged with. Why did he stop covering the Outfit?

I remember there was some other asshole making youtube videos calling Fosco the head of the outfit as well as playing Joe Pesci sound clips like "I'm gonna split yerr mutter fuckin head open!" while Greg Tosto stares threateningly into the camera.
Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Joe Fosco

Post by Cheech »

post the youtube vids. sounds entertaining.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

I can't find them. He's on youtube but I think they got taken down. The guy would go off for 5 minutes: "The Real Head Of The Chicago Mob is JOE FOSCO! Say it with me, Fraud-Fosco, truth coming from Greg Tos-- yeah you want Fraud go to Fosco, you want truth go to Tosto. F for fruado, T for Truth, Tosco."

It was sad really, maybe he looked back on all this shit, came to his senses and realized he was making an ass out of himself and took it all down. Or maybe he was threatened legally, because he made statements on the clips: "Joe Fosco is gonna get murdered" and "Fosco's a cocksuckin fag" which Fosco could have a liable claim.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Fosco's blog was a great place to discuss the Outfit for a long time but a lot of the information there should be taken with a grain of salt because some of the posters were either misinformed or out-and-out liars. Fosco was Willie Messino's (made guy) driver for a while and also had access to other made guys like Jack Cerone, the DiFronzos, Lee Magnafichi, and Rudy Fratto. He had a falling out with them and claims that he was extorted and I won't comment on it since I don't know the whole story but I am sure that Chicago (who posted on ANP and certainly had his disagreements with Fosco) and Milwaukee Phil can comment on this further since they aren't as nice as I am lol.

Fosco also had contact with Mike Magnafichi, a shelved made guy, which may be where he got some of his information, although that relationship crumbled when Fosco became convinced that Mags wanted to kill him. He did do a couple of interviews with Mags but the transcripts didn't give any revealing information - possibly because Mags is worried about pissing off the wrong people.

I will say that a lot of Fosco's stories are probably colored by his hatred of the DiFronzos, including one extreme instance where he claims that John DiFronzo nutted in his pants while killing Jay Campise. Fosco also claims that DiFronzo had a hand in killing both Sam Giancana and Chuckie English.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Snakes wrote:Fosco's blog was a great place to discuss the Outfit for a long time but a lot of the information there should be taken with a grain of salt because some of the posters were either misinformed or out-and-out liars. Fosco was Willie Messino's (made guy) driver for a while and also had access to other made guys like Jack Cerone, the DiFronzos, Lee Magnafichi, and Rudy Fratto. He had a falling out with them and claims that he was extorted and I won't comment on it since I don't know the whole story but I am sure that Chicago (who posted on ANP and certainly had his disagreements with Fosco) and Milwaukee Phil can comment on this further since they aren't as nice as I am lol.

Fosco also had contact with Mike Magnafichi, a shelved made guy, which may be where he got some of his information, although that relationship crumbled when Fosco became convinced that Mags wanted to kill him. He did do a couple of interviews with Mags but the transcripts didn't give any revealing information - possibly because Mags is worried about pissing off the wrong people.

I will say that a lot of Fosco's stories are probably colored by his hatred of the DiFronzos, including one extreme instance where he claims that John DiFronzo nutted in his pants while killing Jay Campise. Fosco also claims that DiFronzo had a hand in killing both Sam Giancana and Chuckie English.
I agree. His opinions and critiques were downright libelous at times. But an interesting take, none the less. He had a bias, doesn't mean some of his stuff isn't true. Antiliar could weight in, he and Joe used to be in communication regarding the historical angle.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Fosco, I think, was helping to take care of his stepmother, who recently died. He says he'll be posting again but is taking a hiatus. He and Magnafichi rekindled their friendship, and yes, Mags was one of his sources of info, but Fosco has a lot of others, some going back to the 1930s.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

This is a pretty interesting exchange. Frank Coconate is out there with his theories that are borderline conspiracy. Fosco reminds me of Fred Flinstone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpQkLG91Sf8
MilwaukeePhil
On Record

Post by MilwaukeePhil »

Greg Tosto is a relative of current and former Cicero Crew members. I think he owns a few businesses including one up in Mundelein. He pals around with Joey Messino.

Fosco is an interesting character - but a sociopath just like the gangsters he says he despises.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

MilwaukeePhil wrote:Greg Tosto is a relative of current and former Cicero Crew members. I think he owns a few businesses including one up in Mundelein. He pals around with Joey Messino.

Fosco is an interesting character - but a sociopath just like the gangsters he says he despises.
Care to expand on that? I know next to nothing regarding current Chicago. Thanks.
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

MilwaukeePhil wrote:Greg Tosto is a relative of current and former Cicero Crew members. I think he owns a few businesses including one up in Mundelein. He pals around with Joey Messino.

Last edited by Chicago on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

What's interesting is all the backlash. He's pissed off more than a few people when his info seems legitimate enough.
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

http://americannewspost.com/josephfosco ... re-puzzle/

http://americannewspost.com/wp-content/ ... ellows.jpg

1. Amato
2. Batters
3. Pranno
4. DiBella
5. Fischetti
6. Potenza
7. Gianola
8. Palermo
9. Cerone
10. Cortina
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

3 is probably Rocco Potenza. A photo of Potenza was mislabeled as "Rocco Pranno" years ago and so he's been misidentified ever since. 4 is Nick Palermo.

1 and 2 are definitely Amato and Accardo, respectively. The bald guy is probably Cerone.

I think the rest of the guys are ones who flew under the radar or are unidentified family members. It's been discussed to death on the other forum plus Fosco has not made any replies in several months which has led some of us to believe even he doesn't know the identity of all those present - but then again, he hasn't replied to much at all recently. Anyway, I've given up because until they are confirmed one way or another, it's all speculation.
Last edited by Snakes on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.