Carmine Persico, dead at age 85

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

richard_belding
Straightened out

Carmine Persico, dead at age 85

Post by richard_belding »

Huge news, i have not seen it on any outlets yet so all i have so far is a family statement someone posted on FB:

Friends on behalf of Desiree, The Persico Family, Myself and Carmines friends. I have the unfortunate task of letting everyone know that The Immortal Carmine Persico has passed away. The family requests privacy and respect at this time. Thank you for your support of this wonderful man. He appreciated you all very much. REST IN PEACE CARMINE PERSICO.
jmack
Straightened out

Re: Carmine Persico, dead at age 85

Post by jmack »

Wow, that would be big news.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

good riddance
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Shit there goes my upcoming April Fool's joke. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

I messaged Michael Franzese for his comments

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Know which Game to Play
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

The jailed for life son Alphonse will get the big seat now , I bet
Sittite
Honorary Member

Post by Sittite »

Hailbritain wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:16 pm The jailed for life son Alphonse will get the big seat now , I bet

Wonder if somebody makes a play for the spot ..... Teddy is really their biggest presence....he’s out soon-no??
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

That backs up what I posted last week. The talk on Facebook is right every once and a while I guess.

Hopefully, this spurs some investigative insight into what's going on with the Colombo family now. Truth be told, we don't know jack shit.
Allie hasn't been linked to any major crime family decisions since his incarceration, other than promoting Ralph DeLeo to street boss. Andy Russo is almost definitely out of the picture since his age and incarceration. Ben Castellazzo only just got off parole restrictions that forbid him from entering the state of New York. Donnie Montemarano, it seems, never actually got to serve as acting underboss, neither did Tom Farese as acting consigliere. Michael Persico is now in prison, Teddy Persico Jr. still has until 2020 to be released.

If Rob Donofrio is confirmed as acting boss, which is what Ed Scarpo reported, I'll give him full credit for his street sources. But this is the same guy who said the Bonannos and Luccheses were arming themselves for an all-out street war, so, whilst the Bonannos and Luccheses did have some beef around that time, let's take Scarpo's analysis with a hefty pinch of salt.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Holy shit, big news
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Hailbritain wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:16 pm The jailed for life son Alphonse will get the big seat now , I bet
That would be my assumption. He's doing life, like his dad, and the title goes to him.
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Carmine Persico was elected boss before he was doing life. Is there any precedent for a family voting someone in as boss who is already serving a life sentence? Hard to assume they'll vote someone in who has no chance of release, not to mention that NYC families don't often favor nepotism for official boss titles, though it happened with the Gottis.

Will be very interesting to hear what comes of this.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

They would not let him out to die at home due to him being a threat. There were people saying he was not that ill. Seems he was not faking. I give him a ton of credit for doing his time like a man, and never giving in. Also never ratting. On the other hand, as much as he was tough, he was not smart in certain ways. He was never fit to be boss, or in my opinion even a captain. I think in a family like the Gambinos or Genovese he never rises to boss.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:58 pm Shit there goes my upcoming April Fool's joke. :mrgreen:
Relax Pogo, Sonny Franzese is still alive.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Sonny Franzese finally gets the chair. Aged 101.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

For those of you discussing Carmine's successor. I recall hearing the families once decided tnot break apart the Colombos "out of respect for Carmine." Any possibility that the family will be dismantled now that he has passed?