Relationship between Philly and Gambino’s now

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Relationship between Philly and Gambino’s now

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Wonder what the relationship between Philly and the Gambino’s is now a days .
A lot has change since those lunch meetings a few years ago in Jersey. Most of the top guys at that table in 2010 aren’t in the same Position any longer . John Gambino pasted Away, Uncle Joe is “semi retired “/ Consig . Scoops stepped down from N. Jersey Captain . Etc etc
Wonder if Philly blames the Gambinos for what Philly went thru (arrest) because those meetings became a big part of the trials with the Nicky Skins wire .
They Vouched and put a lot of trust into Nicky Skins.
They let him go Up and Down the east coast meeting with guys in other families .
In the tapes you can hear Skins being called a” good man and solid as a rock”. Who turned out to be wearing a wire that day. (Wonder Who was quoted in saying the comment .) So without Skins tapes I wonder if some of those 12/13 Defendant would of been not arrested at the time .

Maybe The Gambinos want to put distance between them and Philly cause they have to know how bad the fbi wants to get Joey , and getting involved with them at this time might bring extra heat .....

Now that I brought up Skins ...curious ,......Who gave the ok for Nicky to go around like that and what was his reasoning in doing it ( to the guys) ? Wasn’t his captain wondering at least alittle bit like where did this come from that he wants to start to travel the coast to meet other bosses and captains from other families ...... just sounds odd thinking about it Merlino caught it ( he knew something wasn’t right .)
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Relationship between Philly and Gambino’s now

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Good question, who was skins Capo?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Merlino caught on to Skins? I thought he was locked up at time of the Philly meet?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:56 am Merlino caught on to Skins? I thought he was locked up at time of the Philly meet?
He met Merlino in Florida in December 2011 while Ligambi an co. were awaiting trial. He killed himself two months later. He tried to get Merlino incriminate himself on tape. Merlino said nothing and reported the meeting to his PO, absolving himself of any punishment.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:15 pm Now that I brought up Skins ...curious ,......Who gave the ok for Nicky to go around like that and what was his reasoning in doing it ( to the guys) ? Wasn’t his captain wondering at least alittle bit like where did this come from that he wants to start to travel the coast to meet other bosses and captains from other families ...... just sounds odd thinking about it Merlino caught it ( he knew something wasn’t right .)
Stefanelli had been around for years. The Newark-Belleville area where he grew up was a wiseguy paradise in the 1960s and 1970s. Members of the five New York families, as well as the indigenous DeCavalcante Family and a crew from the Philadelphia mob, all had action on the streets. They ran craps games, took sports bets, loaned money and dealt in stolen property. Everybody knew somebody who was “connected.” It was a neighborhood thing.

Stefanelli had a reputation as an easygoing wiseguy who moved in mob circles in both New York and North Jersey. But he was also known as someone who could be called upon to do some “work” when necessary. Ironically, the one murder authorities were able to tie him to definitively was the one he committed just two days before he killed himself. (But that’s getting ahead of our story.)

“Skins was raised in organized crime, from the time he was a teenager,” says Robert Carroll, a former prosecutor with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Division of Criminal Justice. “He moved freely among the families and was involved in a lot.”
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:15 pm Wonder what the relationship between Philly and the Gambino’s is now a days .
A lot has change since those lunch meetings a few years ago in Jersey. Most of the top guys at that table in 2010 aren’t in the same Position any longer . John Gambino pasted Away, Uncle Joe is “semi retired “/ Consig . Scoops stepped down from N. Jersey Captain . Etc etc
Wonder if Philly blames the Gambinos for what Philly went thru (arrest) because those meetings became a big part of the trials with the Nicky Skins wire .
They Vouched and put a lot of trust into Nicky Skins.
They let him go Up and Down the east coast meeting with guys in other families .
In the tapes you can hear Skins being called a” good man and solid as a rock”. Who turned out to be wearing a wire that day. (Wonder Who was quoted in saying the comment .) So without Skins tapes I wonder if some of those 12/13 Defendant would of been not arrested at the time .
The only Philly guys Nicky Skins recorded were Ligambi, Licata, Fazzini and Staino. Ligambi and Licata beat the charges, Fazzini pleaded guilty to gambling and theft and Staino was burned because he was caught on tape threatening an FBI agent posing as a loan shark customer. The tape didn't end up doing any damage to Philly. I think a bigger thing effecting their relationship is that all the Gambino guys at the meeting (John Gambino, Stefanelli, Trucchio and Michael Roccaforte) except Lorenzo Mannino and Joe Gambino are dead or currently in prison.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:45 pm Good question, who was skins Capo?
Nicky Corozzo , Dellarratta was acting captain at the time he flipped
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Eric Esposito (Philly soldier) is married to one of the Corozzo's daughters, I'll quote Chucky's post from a while back,

"I wonder when the Gambinos chose to recognize Philly again? Obviously it would have been well before 2010, which was when the John Gamino-Joe Ligambi meeting was. Alphonse Trucchio mentioned attending Eric Esposito's wedding, he married a Corozzo, and wanted to re-introduced to Esposito since he was now a made member. Esposito was made in 2007, with Lou Fazzini, so his wedding was before then."

The Merlino/Genovese relationship is puzzling because it implies that Philly works with both the Genovese and Gambinos (I was under the assumption the Philly/Gambino relationship was exclusive, similar to the Decavs and Gambinos)

This is a super interesting topic, hoping for some of the more knowledge posters to chime in.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Licata stepped down as North Jersey Capo? When was this reported?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Does anyone have transcripts or a summary of the 2010 philly- gambino meeting?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:47 am Does anyone have transcripts or a summary of the 2010 philly- gambino meeting?
I believe because he killed himself they couldn't present tapes at trial.

I never heard what that meeting actually was about... they claimed it was only a meeting to introduce eachother at court but i doubt that...

there was some speculation it was about some of Scoops Licatas Jersey book or something like that that was taking customers from Gambinos books. I THINK
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

A dispute between Philly and the DeCavalcante was discussed I believe. If I remember right they also talked about Phillys ongoing problems with Nick Scarfo Jr. trying to recruit their members.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:56 am A dispute between Philly and the DeCavalcante was discussed I believe. If I remember right they also talked about Phillys ongoing problems with Nick Scarfo Jr. trying to recruit their members.

Pogo
Scarfo Jnr recruiting Gambinos?? and then becoming a Lucchese?? or Gambinos coming to hear about the problems w Scarfo Jnr and Philly??

I don't think I ever heard about him recruiting Gambinos
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

jr making play for philly
I been taught to listen to what's not said
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:53 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:47 am Does anyone have transcripts or a summary of the 2010 philly- gambino meeting?
I believe because he killed himself they couldn't present tapes at trial.

I never heard what that meeting actually was about... they claimed it was only a meeting to introduce eachother at court but i doubt that...

there was some speculation it was about some of Scoops Licatas Jersey book or something like that that was taking customers from Gambinos books. I THINK
Also heard they joked about johney gongs which is quite interesting
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.