Can you retire from the mob

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Eddie mush
Straightened out

Can you retire from the mob

Post by Eddie mush »

Was wondering can a old timer just retire from the mob. Let's say your 75 have a million in the bank can u just call it a career . I know they say in for life but they also say it's a thing of honor . And to let a old man who has served your organization for a long time not live out his reamaining years in peace is not very honorable

All thoughts and opinions welcomed and appreciated
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Can you retire from the mob

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Sure. They do it all the time. It is not like they are going to force you to be active.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

They retire all the time. Go in alive and come out dead is one of the biggest myths going. And when they get too old to carry their own weight they often get put out to pasture (shelved). And that happens A LOT.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

DiFronzo was lucky, Lombardo not so much...the government didn't give a rats ass.

Then you had Torrio, Costello, Bonanno and maybe Ligambi who were all kind of forced into retirement.

Could you imagine asking some of those old school type bosses to retire?
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Carmine Agnello retired young
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Salvatore locascio and Michael franzese did , I bet people were paid off but they defo retired
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Eddie mush wrote:Was wondering can a old timer just retire from the mob. Let's say your 75 have a million in the bank can u just call it a career . I know they say in for life but they also say it's a thing of honor . And to let a old man who has served your organization for a long time not live out his reamaining years in peace is not very honorable

All thoughts and opinions welcomed and appreciated
All these fellas said above is correct. It largely depends on individual circumstances. I can give you one example of someone retiring in one family a certain way, but under different circumstances and people in another family, that same scenario may end differently with the member being told he's in can't leave. Other members in retirement have been "called back."
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Donnie shacks martomarano being one of them
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Due to special circumstances, yes members can fully retire. Gotti Jr comes to mind. Old members can also retire (being inactive), but they are still members and can be called upon if they are needed by the boss for something. But don´t think for a second that a member in his prime, can say bye bye to the boss "nice to have met you, I´m out", walk away and move to sunny Florida just like that.
There you have it, never printed before.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Not only can you retire..you can be a rat and live in the open right in NY like John Alite, Dom Cicale, PJ Pisciotti and countless others. The glory days are over...today's mob is just trying to stay out of jail and make a few bucks.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Hailbritain wrote:Donnie shacks martomarano being one of them
He was called back into the fold by Russo. Andy Mush was actually sending out threatening messages letting guys who were retired know that if he calls for them to be active they better come or else.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Hailbritain wrote:Salvatore locascio and Michael franzese did , I bet people were paid off but they defo retired
Franzese didn't retire he cooperated. He's not bullshitting anyone. He's a rat hiding behind a bible. EB has always said that Tore is retired by I have serious doubt's about that. The guy is a serious money maker for the mob...not so sure the Gambinos would let that go away. Time will tell but like I said I have my doubt's.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Rocco wrote:Not only can you retire..you can be a rat and live in the open right in NY like John Alite, Dom Cicale, PJ Pisciotti and countless others. The glory days are over...today's mob is just trying to stay out of jail and make a few bucks.

Yeah even if you don't have permission you can just retire on your own. It's not like they will do anything to you. If they can't even bring themselves to whack informants living out in the open in their area they are not going to go to the trouble of whacking a guy who chooses to stay home and watch tv. The mob is pretty much toothless these days.

East Bronx wrote:Go in alive and come out dead

...and it's your best friend who does it. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Pogo The Clown wrote:...and it's your best friend who does it. :mrgreen:

Pogo
Just a spoke on a wheel, Pogo. And so was he, and so are you ;).
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.