Camorra and the creation of the PCC - organized crime in Brazil

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

aleksandrored
Full Patched

Camorra and the creation of the PCC - organized crime in Brazil

Post by aleksandrored »

I found it interesting that the Camorra helped to create one of the largest factions around here, so I'd like to share it.

O Primeiro Comando da Capital (PCC) learned how to structure itself as a crime syndicate and company with members of the Camorra, one of the arms of the Mafia. The classes were taught by brothers Bruno and Renato Torsi. The camorristas were imprisoned for four years in São Paulo in the 1990s. In 1993, they not only witnessed the birth of the PCC in the House of Custody and Treatment of Taubaté, in the Paraíba Valley, as they helped to organize the largest criminal faction in São Paulo. Bruno, 49, and Renato, 50, were born in Secondigliano, north of Naples, the birthplace of the Camorra. The city is mentioned in the book Gomorra, of the Italian journalist Roberto Saviano, that inspired homonymous film. Renato was extradited to Italy in October 1994 and his younger brother in January 1995. From the Rebibbia Penitentiary in Rome, the two sent letters and postcards to the main founder of the PCC. Mizael Aparecido da Silva, Miza, one of the eight founders of the criminal faction, was the Torsi brothers' best friend in prison. The ties of friendship were strengthened in the House of Custody and Treatment of Taubaté, the cradle of the CCP. Even after the extradition, the brawlers never forgot Mizael. They called him "brother" - the same form of treatment used among members of the O Primeiro Comando da Capital. The report obtained two postcards sent by the Torsi to Mizael. Both are from Naples. One of them has the following message: "This is where we were born, Bruno and I, for my friend and brother Mizael, I embrace you, Renato." The other card says: "Mizael, it is a great pleasure to receive your news. Always give me your news and what you need here in Italy and you are at my reach (sic) just talk, okay my big Brother ?? A hug Your friends Bruno and Renato. " The cards were written at the Rebibbia Penitentiary. Neither has date. In one, the Torsi brothers mention the address of the prison in the Italian capital. Bruno and Renato were sentenced to 28 years for the kidnapping of an Italian businessman in 1986. They received a $ 2.5 million ransom. The older brother, Francesco Torsi, also participated in the action, but, according to Italian police, he ended up surrounded and killed himself in order not to be arrested. An Italian government official linked to the Extradition Sector said that, just as in Brazil, where the prisoners took advantage of the temporary exit to leave prison, the Torsi also used equal judicial benefit. They fled to Caracas, Venezuela, and then to Sao Paulo. Outlaws in Brazil, Bruno and Renato, called in Italy from Brothers Metralha, worked with clothing store. In Santos, they settled in the real estate business. The underground in the capital of São Paulo ended on May 18, 1990. They were arrested by federal agents at the Portinari apart-hotel, at Rua Bela Cintra, 196, Jardins, a noble area in the southern zone. The Torsi had passports and forged documents. The same Italian authority, who asked not to be named, said he believed that Renato and Bruno passed the model of the Camorra organization base to the PCC. They taught the members of the São Paulo faction to associate, paying a monthly fee. "Crime money goes to a fund, helps the family in case of imprisonment of members and also serves for legal assistance, payment of lawyers." Still according to the Italian authority, the brave brothers guided the members of the PCC to strengthen the faction of São Paulo as a company. "The Camorra has unemployment insurance, health insurance and legal insurance, corrupt judges, prison guards and police officers, and this is also done by the PCC, and profit is invested in strengthening organizations." The Italian official said that the CCP already acts in the same way as the Camorra. "He learned thanks to the contact with the brawlers in the Brazilian prison. Like the Camorra, the PCC today invests in various activities, washes money with the profit obtained mainly through drug trafficking. licit or illicit, "he warned. HISTORY The Camorra is a mafia organization of the Campania region and the city of Naples, Italy. Its activities vary: snaring, extortion, cigarette smuggling, drug trafficking, illegal import of meat, clandestine gambling and cement production in the Campania region. It is almost certain that the word comes from the junction of capo (chief) and die (traditional street game of Naples). The Camorra has always been very integrated with the social fabric, especially among the poorest strata, and one of its strategies for gaining prestige is political clientelism. It is thought that the organization currently has about 110 families and 7,000 members, who move about 587 million a year in Italy.