Genovese Family Administration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

maninblack
On Record

Genovese Family Administration

Post by maninblack »

I've felt this was the Genovese Family Administation for a while now. Let me know what you guys think.. The reason I'm making it a topic instead of putting it with the family chart is because I wanna hear what other people think on this administration

Boss - Liborio Bellomo
Underboss - Danny "The Lion" Leo
Consigliere - Dom "Quiet Dom" Cirillo
Street Boss/ Consigliere - Petey Red Dichiara

I always thought Barney was the Boss way before it was reported officially in 2016 and Barney and Leo were both like Chins proteges and closest thing to real boss or real acting boss while Chin was away. I think he was mentoring those 2 to be the Boss and Underboss for this generation of the Genovese family since they were a generation and two under him.
I think Dom Cirillo is Consigliere still but at his age he's too old to be on the street and run the day to day so Petey Red is kinda like the Street Consiglere and Street Boss at the same time which is smart because who better to give you advice and opinions on family stuff as a Consigliere than the guy whos out on the street as your Boss so its like a joint position and keeps Barney from adding another guy into the administration to keep things more quiet. But I still feel like Dom could be with it enough to hold that position at his age just not on a day to day level.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: Genovese Family Administration

Post by gohnjotti »

There's no evidence to suggest Leo is underboss at the moment, which is why it couldn't go on the official forum chart. But I agree that he could have been regarded as Chin's protege. The Cookie D'Urso tapes show that Leo was certainly held in high regard by Chin.
Of course, until the FBI, Jerry Capeci, or reputable news outlets report something, we'll never know. The guy has always been extremely low-key. He could be retired for all we know.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

There's no evidence that Cirillo was ever Consiglieri that i'm aware of so i'm not sure where " Dom Cirillo is Consigliere still" comes from. I think if these positions were as desirable now as they were in the 70's or before then that's the sort of Admin they'd have, but some of these guys clearly don't want the heat that comes with those positions and i'm not sure it will be what we'd assume it is. No one on the forums from what i remember were mentioning Dichiara in a top position because it made more sense that guys like Leo, Muscarella, Cirillo, etc would be above him and i think it's likely the same for the Underboss position currently. I still think it's possible that Esposito is Underboss, the FBI have avoided revealing his rank so far all they've said is he's "a high ranking member" or a "person of influence in the family", he may just be a captain or soldier but i wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully we find out soon.
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

Quiet Dom is either retired or has a promotion because Danny Pagano is now the official capo of his crew right?
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

He's got to be retired. He is nearly 90 and he had a heart attack 20 years ago, he can't be in the best health at his age.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

I doubt Cirillo is in any official position. The guy is almost 90. We don't have enough information on Leo. I remember when people expected him to be named official boss and he got busted.
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

I'm sure the Angelo Prisco tapes mentioned that it would be between Bellomo or Leo who would get the top spot after chins death. Can't remember the exact conversation but it was something like that.
Sonny Black
Associate

Post by Sonny Black »

eboli wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:58 am I doubt Cirillo is in any official position. The guy is almost 90. We don't have enough information on Leo. I remember when people expected him to be named official boss and he got busted.
he's defenetly retired,too old,hearts problems.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

I believe Angelo Prisco also had some NJ messenger or supervisor type role with NJ crews and the admin .

I highly doubt Cirillo has any official admin role given his age but who knows with that family . I do think some of these old timers are providing senior counsel to either the Captain they groomed from his old crew or Barney / Petey Red as well. Maybe even in a few situations using them as a buffer for the admin . Maybe they loan some cash here or there for the family but I suspect they have minimal if any active rackets going on which would keep the heat off them and allow them to be off the radar a bit and serve as messenger and / or counsel .

I also think a lot of these guys still want to be involved a bit , not so much in the racket / money making scheme but in guiding the leadership and still have a little ear to the street . A lot of these guys have been made for 50+ years and the life is just built in them. Like an Indepdent Director that meets 4-10 times a year .
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

Yeah I could see a lot of the older members being like an advisory committee for the administration. Probably consisting of guys like Cirillo mario gigante Larry dentico and Johnny barbato etc. Still it makes you wonder that how in this day and age the top crime family in the US still hasn't had their entire administration revealed by law enforcement. We know Bellomo is the boss and that Petey red is acing but is he also consigliere? Who is the underboss? Either the feds don't know or they are refusing to comment to the press for some reason. Maybe the Genovese don't have an underboss or consigliere anymore and it's a panel of capos running it. All very mysterious and keeps us all guessing
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

don-shunter wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:37 am Yeah I could see a lot of the older members being like an advisory committee for the administration. Probably consisting of guys like Cirillo mario gigante Larry dentico and Johnny barbato etc. Still it makes you wonder that how in this day and age the top crime family in the US still hasn't had their entire administration revealed by law enforcement. We know Bellomo is the boss and that Petey red is acing but is he also consigliere? Who is the underboss? Either the feds don't know or they are refusing to comment to the press for some reason. Maybe the Genovese don't have an underboss or consigliere anymore and it's a panel of capos running it. All very mysterious and keeps us all guessing
Yes, as was reported, DiChiara is both the street boss and the consigliere for Bellomo who is the boss.

As far as underboss, there are a few possibilities. One is Mangano is at least still the titular underboss. Another is Mangano is no longer the underboss and the family never replaced him. Or somebody else has the position and it hasn't been made public yet for one reason or another.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Mangano died last year.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Maybe the West Side are using Barney as a decoy or 'front' to great affect.
Just as they used others in the past to confound all and protect the actual
boss. Regardless, they have succeeded in keeping the general public guessing
who has what position. The White House should take a page from the Genovese's
playbook when trying to stop leaks.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:21 pm Mangano died last year.

Pogo
Oh you're right, totally slipped my mind. And the most recent news we had on him was he was part of a rotating panel of leaders.
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:37 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:21 pm Mangano died last year.

Pogo
Oh you're right, totally slipped my mind. And the most recent news we had on him was he was part of a rotating panel of leaders.
Yes and that was 9 or 10 years ago. They have done a good job of not letting that info get out or not getting caught on surveillance.