Nicholas cirillo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hailbritain
Full Patched

Nicholas cirillo

Post by Hailbritain »

Has any info actually come out about this murder , was it a Genovese inside job ?? Surely if the bonnanos had him murdered then any one of the bonnano informants would have had some info and testified about it ?? I can't believe QD actually ordered it , maybe he stood by and let it happen ??
The Greek
Straightened out

Re: Nicholas cirillo

Post by The Greek »

Mob king Dominick Cirillo 'ordered the murder of his gangster son' (on Mothers' Day)

It is a Mafia murder mystery that has remained unsolved for years.
But investigators finally believe they might have got to the bottom of what happened to family mobster Nicholas Cirillo, who vanished seven years ago and has not been seen since - his death may have been ordered by his own father.

Genovese gangster Nicholas disappeared on Mothers' Day 2004, two weeks after an altercation in the Bronx with fellow mob man Vincent Jr. Basciano and Dominick Cicale, part of the infamous Bonanno family.
The 41-year-old's body has never been found and his father, high-ranking Genovese mob boss Dominick Cirillo, known as 'Quiet Dom', is said to have refused to cooperate with police in trying to trace him.
Now it has been suggested that Quiet Dom may ruthlessly have ordered his son's murder, after a tape implicating him was played at the Brooklyn Federal Court trial of Joseph Massino, the Mafia's highest-ranking supergrass.
The court heard a conversation in January 2005 between Massino and Vincent Basciano, or 'Vinny Gorgeous', the father of the gangster Nicholas was said to have rowed with in the Bronx.
Massino secretly recorded the discussion for the police.
When asked who 'whacked' the mobster's son, Nicholas, Basciano can be heard saying: 'That came from Dom, that came from Dom.'
When pressed in court by prosecutor Taryn Merkl to explain the comments, Massino said: 'I understand that he's telling me Quiet Dom killed his son.'
The footage also shows Massino gesturing with his hand like a gun while asking Basciano: 'Do we have anything to do with that [Nicholas Cirillo's murder]?'
Basciano replies: 'Absolutely not. C'mon.'
Basciano is then heard telling Massino that he met with Dominick Cirillo about the altercation with Nicholas. He said the Genovese family 'came back and apologised to me.'
It is thought Nicholas's death would have been ordered because of the fracas in the Bronx two weeks before his disappearance - assaulting a made member of the Mafia carries the penalty of death.

While it seems incomprehensible that a father would order the murder of his son because of this rule, the two were estranged and, Massino explained to the court, Mafia codes are taken very seriously.
Massino described how in his days as a mobster, he gave the order to kill Bonanno capo Gerlando Sciascia even though they got on well - because Sciascia had murdered the son of a made man in Canada.
Nicholas's disappearance should have led to ramifications from his family - as the son of a Mafia boss, killing him would carry a death penalty.
Bonanno turncoat James Tartaglione said if you kill a Mafioso's son, 'you're liable to start a war between families.' But after Nicholas Cirillo vanished, there was no war.

Quiet Dom, who earned his nickname because he likes to keep a low-key profile, has refused to cooperate with police investigating the disappearance of his son.
He was also said to have been evasive when questioned by a federal probation officer in 2006 about who was to blame for his troubled son's disappearance, according to court records.
Cirillo, who is on supervised release for a racketeering conviction, could not be reached for comment yesterday.
When the New York Daily News approached his daughter, Ann Marie Caggiano, for comment at her waterfront home near the Throgs Neck Bridge, she said: 'I really don't want to talk about that.'
Massino, 68, was convicted in July 2004 of racketeering, seven murders, arson, extortion, loansharking, illegal gambling, conspiracy and money laundering. To avoid the death penalty for an eighth murder, he has agreed to appear in court to testify against fellow mobsters.
Last week, recordings of taped conversations between Massino and Basciano from inside prison implicated Basciano in the murder of fellow mobster Randy Pizzolo, a crime for which Basciano faces the death penalty.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Never really believed cirillo ordered it , more than likely accepted it like patsy parrello did when his son was killed
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

dom and vinny on the sneak is my gun to head guess
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Why wouldn't Cicale have copped to it when he flipped? The Feds surely would've questioned him and he's got zero to gain by lying.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Such sick fucks - I have no doubt that bastard ordered his own son's death. All for insulting that bastard basciano? They all will rot in hell. massino was right to turn on them and walk away from that shithole life!
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Cheech wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:29 pm dom and vinny on the sneak is my gun to head guess
That was what i thought , but why if the bonnanos did do it , surely one of the many informants would have had solid info on this murder like sonny stated ??
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

I always felt like vinny did it on the sneak also... him telling massino he had nothing to do with it is the obvious answer. You think he's going to admit to something like that? No way. Just cause he said he had nothing to do with it doesn't mean shit.. got to remember who these people are that we're talking about.. master manipulators and bullshit artists.. that's how you survive on the street
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Hailbritain wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:08 pm
Cheech wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:29 pm dom and vinny on the sneak is my gun to head guess
That was what i thought , but why if the bonnanos did do it , surely one of the many informants would have had solid info on this murder like sonny stated ??

Who in Bonanno family REALLY know for sure? Dom and Vinng seemed to be playin cowboys and Indians in the Bronx
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Cheech wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:17 am

Who in Bonanno family REALLY know for sure? Dom and Vinng seemed to be playin cowboys and Indians in the Bronx
Well, Dom turned rat so like the post above said, why wouldnt he have copped to it?
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:44 am

Well, Dom turned rat so like the post above said, why wouldnt he have copped to it?

I believe he was outted as a liar and was trying to shake down the kids and I believe his pretend book was full of inaccuracies so i dont take much credence into what he has said. does anyone remember what he said about it?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Nicholas “P.J” Pisciotti (Acting Capo of the Basciano Crew) also flipped and he made no mention of it either. Don't think it was the Bonannos.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:44 am Nicholas “P.J” Pisciotti (Acting Capo of the Basciano Crew) also flipped and he made no mention of it either. Don't think it was the Bonannos.
+1
If neither Cicale nor Pisciotti cite it, I'd say its a fair bet they didnt partake.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Cheech wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:55 am
Fughedaboutit wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:44 am

I believe he was outted as a liar and was trying to shake down the kids and I believe his pretend book was full of inaccuracies so i dont take much credence into what he has said. does anyone remember what he said about it?
Yeah I thought about that, I forgot he was an unreliable POS lol
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:01 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:44 am Nicholas “P.J” Pisciotti (Acting Capo of the Basciano Crew) also flipped and he made no mention of it either. Don't think it was the Bonannos.
+1
If neither Cicale nor Pisciotti cite it, I'd say its a fair bet they didnt partake.
was Piscotti asked about on the stand? vinny denied to everyone so not sure how anyone in the bonananos would know for sure?

its all semantics anyways. no one really knows. gun to my head i dont think it was gennovese