The Commission

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

BillyBrizzi
Straightened out

The Commission

Post by BillyBrizzi »

I would like to make a list with all the consecutive Commission meetings that we know of..

Through Bill and Joe Bonanno's books we already know of these meetings:

1931: The Initial Commission Meeting
1936: The Scheduled Commission Meeting
1941: The Scheduled Commission Meeting
1946: The Scheduled Commission Meeting
1951: The Scheduled Commission Meeting
1953: The Extraordinary Meeting of the Commission
1956: The Scheduled Commission Meeting
1957: The Extraordinary Meeting of the Commission a.k.a. The Apalachin Debacle
1962: The Scheduled Commission Meeting

I wonder how many Commission meetings took place after 1962?
I know of that one with Castellano, Fat Tony, Tony Ducks and the Colombo contingent in 1985 were they took all those surveillance photos to be used in the Commission trial, but there must have been a lot more meetings in the time between '62 and '85.

I hope you guys can help me in comprising a definitive list of successive Commission meetings since 1931..
FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: The Commission

Post by Wiseguy »

There was also that one in the mid-to-late 1980's between the Genovese, Gambino, and Lucchese families. The one with Chin, Benny Eggs, Gotti, Gravano, Amuso, and Casso.

Also the one in 2000 with Joe Massino, Sal Vitale, Larry Dentico, Peter Gotti, Louie Daidone, and Joel Cacace.
All roads lead to New York.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

The concrete club one in 1984
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

There was also the one in the late 70s where it was decided that Vegas would belong to Chicago (with NY keeping whatever they already had going there) and AC would go to NY.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
BillyBrizzi
Straightened out

Post by BillyBrizzi »

Pogo The Clown wrote:There was also the one in the late 70s where it was decided that Vegas would belong to Chicago (with NY keeping whatever they already had going there) and AC would go to NY.

Pogo
So that one would be the last with Chicago present, after that it was strictly a NY thing I reckon.

I also read that from the late 70's on Chicago had their own Commission, with the west coast families, st. Louis, Kansas City and Detroit.
It was in Angelo Lonardo's testimony before the senate commission if I remember correctly..
FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Yes he did testify about the chi commission. But it wsdnt like ny where ppl had seats

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.