Last "Commission" Meeting

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Last "Commission" Meeting

Post by DPG »

Furio's post got me thinking:

Is the meeting Massino attended considered the last official New York based Commission meeting, or has a more recent one came out in court or other sources?

When was the one right before Massino?
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Re: Last "Commission" Meeting

Post by Hailbritain »

I thought the last known one was in 2000 chaired by massino and attended by Peter gotti ( gambino ) Louis daidone ( lucchese ) Larry dentico ( Genovese ) and Joel cacace ( Colombo )
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

I'm guessing the other families bosses sent their reps and saw this as a New York summit?
I get it....first rule of fight club.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

After the Commission Trial in 1985 was choosen to not meet all the 5 fams reps in the same meeting for the fear of being caught together; so the 2000 meeting was the last with the all 5 fams reps because in 16 y no rat say that there was an another.
Now the fams settle the disputes with various meeting.
For sure now the fams except the Colombos had bosses or street bosses on the streets maybe an informal meeting could take place.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

DPG wrote:I'm guessing the other families bosses sent their reps and saw this as a New York summit?
Depends on what you consider to be a commission meeting. From 1931 to 1957, the Commission included Family bosses from NY, Buffalo, Chicago who attended regular meetings and were reelected ever 5 years. By the 1980's it was largely a NY affair only. After 1985, any NY meeting involving reps from the Five Families over mutual conduct counted as a commission meeting. Me, I'd argue that the Commission Case killed it in 1985. That was the last era where bosses were meeting regularly and agreeing upon rules. Even Cafaro said as much in 1988, he seen the commission being over but things continuing in a form of autopilot. "Chin has his family, John has his, but the respect is always there."
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

According to Gravano there was another Commission meeting in 1988 between the Genovese, Gambinos and Luccheses. The Bonannos were off it by this time and one of the topics they discussed was the Colombos and Carmine Persico choosing an Acting Boss soo that he could be seated at the next meeting.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Meatball
Straightened out

Post by Meatball »

If I remember correctly, wasn't the 1985 meeting the one where the feds got tons of pics of these guys going in and out of a single family home in a quiet neighborhood in one the five buroughs? I seem to remember seeing a documentary about that one and Giuliani had a field day.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah that was in Statn Island if I remember correctly. An informant (likely Frank DeCicco) tipped off the Feds to it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Yeah that was in Statn Island if I remember correctly. An informant (likely Frank DeCicco) tipped off the Feds to it.

Pogo
DeCicco was an informant!?
Meatball
Straightened out

Post by Meatball »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Yeah that was in Statn Island if I remember correctly. An informant (likely Frank DeCicco) tipped off the Feds to it.

Pogo
Thanks, Pogo. I remember them showing a ton of FBI surveillance photos taken making no mistake as to who and what was going on in there.

It was obvious they were tipped off somehow for that much attention to be facilitated and executed. They were like sitting ducks for the shutterbugs.

Why would they do it in the middle of the day? Even if the Feds weren't tipped off, it was going to garner attention either way.
Meatball
Straightened out

Post by Meatball »

I wish I could remember exactly which documentary that was.

It was very good and interesting.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Somewhat off-topic, but just to satisfy my curiosity. Does anyone know of post Appalachian meeting held in Pennsylvania?
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Chris Christie wrote:DeCicco was an informant!?

It is looking that way. A while back either B. or JD (or both) posted some pretty interesting stuff that strongly points to him being an informant. He helped set up that Commission meeting and the Feds were tipped off to that Commission meeting by a high level informant. Soldier Augustus “Big Gus” Sclafani had a source in the FBI and apparently found out out that he was an informant which was why DeCicco pushed for him to get whacked.

Pogo
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

FriendofHenry wrote:Somewhat off-topic, but just to satisfy my curiosity. Does anyone know of post Appalachian meeting held in Pennsylvania?
do u have anymore info about it? I can't find anything and never heard of anything of the nature
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

I've read this , the woman in the FBI was a woman called Mildred Russo , she was related to Sclafani and he used to pass in info along to Joe butch corrao . I'm not sure deccico was an informant it's just speculation and there is nothing concrete that states he was