Meyer Lansky's daughter passed

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Meyer Lansky's daughter passed

Post by sdeitche »

Meyers daughter, Sandra Lansky Lombardo passed away the other day in Tampa. I know her grandson, who posted about it on FB.

She was the author of the book Daughter of the King, which I think is one of the better "family members of mobsters tell their story" books out there

I had the privilege of interviewing her and spending time listening to her stories.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: Meyer Lansky's daughter passed

Post by Antiliar »

RIP. I have her book. Not a bad read.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Was she well off? Or claim her dad never left her anything
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:18 pm Was she well off? Or claim her dad never left her anything
Not well off. I can't remember what she said exactly related to that (have it somewhere in my notes) but there was definitely not a lot of money left after Meyer died.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

sdeitche wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:25 pm
Pmac2 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:18 pm Was she well off? Or claim her dad never left her anything
Not well off. I can't remember what she said exactly related to that (have it somewhere in my notes) but there was definitely not a lot of money left after Meyer died.
I've read that they only inherited about $10,000.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
JerryB
Straightened out

Post by JerryB »

sdeitche wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:25 pm
Scott, do you believe the rumor that Meyer was broke when he died?
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

RIP. Thanks for updating the board Scott.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

RIP. If I'm not mistaken, Robert Lacey says in Lansky's biography that he didn't have much money when he died.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Correction: It appears that his estate was worth $57,000 (equivalent to $174,610.57 today).
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Makaveli
Straightened out

Post by Makaveli »

aleksandrored wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:50 pm RIP. If I'm not mistaken, Robert Lacey says in Lansky's biography that he didn't have much money when he died.
Where did it go ? Extorted?
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Bugsy seigels daughter passed away a few years ago and her synagogue had to raise money for her funeral.Didnt these guys at least buy afew houses so their kids would at least inherit something.I thought myer was the mobs money man but didnt leave anything to his family
Boatdrinks
On Record
Location: Formerly Roebling St. Presently off the Florida Keys.

Post by Boatdrinks »

Meyer Lansky put most of his money into his own hotel in Havana shortly before the revolution, and lost the lot.
Vincent Mangano - Peppino, but with you, we have to stop to look up things in books.
Peppino - True power comes from self control.
Khun Sa - There are no permanent allies or enemies, they change with the circumstances.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Boatdrinks wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:01 pm Meyer Lansky put most of his money into his own hotel in Havana shortly before the revolution, and lost the lot.
I understand that but he probably had millions more in other businesses and real estate.So an average dock worker during that time left his house to his children but ML who was made over a billion adjusting for inflation left nothing to his family.They also killed his stepson which shows in his later years he didnt have the respect he once had.People say how bad john gotti was as a boss but he left his children fortunes and ML probably made 100x more money than Gotti
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

I’ve wondered exactly how Richard Schwartz’s murder went down, who ordered, if there was a sit down, etc. I’ve also wondered if Lansky lost his “rabbi” (no pun intended) in the Genovese Family when Jimmy Alo got locked up in 1970, though the other Genovese guys in Miami presumably also had close relationships to Lansky going back decades.

On this note, has Vincent Teriaca’s membership ever been confirmed? I’ve seen him described as a “Genovese soldier” in places, but then also seen him described as an associate who worked for Patsy Erra. If he was in fact a member, this could have made big difference in how the issue got settled.

I have no horse in the race when it comes to Lansky’s standing in the ‘70s one way or the other, but even ranking members aren’t always able or willing to protect their sons, Parrello and Cirillo being more recent examples that come to mind. Do we know if Lansky even backed Schwartz when he killed Craig Teriaca, or did he realize Schwartz was wrong and had to pay? I don’t know anything about Schwartz apart from the Teriaca thing, so I have no idea if he was known for having previously caused problems, though if he actually killed the Teriaca kid in an argument over a $10 drink, it doesn’t sound like he had his shit together.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Makaveli wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:05 am
aleksandrored wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:50 pm RIP. If I'm not mistaken, Robert Lacey says in Lansky's biography that he didn't have much money when he died.
Where did it go ? Extorted?
Looks like he lost a lot of money on what happened in Cuba. As I recall, Robert Lacey comments that at the end of his life, he wasn't poor, but he didn't have a lot of money.