Crying Mobsters

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Crying Mobsters

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The recent post about Ray Patrairca Jr. breaking down into tears after being told to step down or be killed got me thinking about how funny the thought of gangsters crying actually is.

My favorite one is when Capo Joe Sfera started crying and saying "this is awful" after Sam DeCavalcante told him he was demoting him and taking away his union. :lol:

I believe Joe Morello (the Boss of Bosses at the time) started crying in the courtroom when he was sentenced to 10 years. :lol: I think Jimmy Frattiano also started crying in court while pleading for leniency during one of his cases as well.

Any other funny examples?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Crying Mobsters

Post by Rocco »

Colombo Capo Mike Uvino cried when he got ten yrs back in 2009. He's capo in the Colombo family in 2009 did he think he wasn't gonna go to prison for ten plus yrs eventually with so many informants and rats out there.?
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

i seen many mob guys cry.. very tough guys.. is that perceived as a weakness? if a person does not have the ability to cry..he will make a lot of families cry..
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Johnny Sack blubbering at his daughters wedding when the feds take him away.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

willychichi wrote:Johnny Sack blubbering at his daughters wedding when the feds take him away.

I'll tell you one thing and I'm not ashamed to say it. My estimation of John Sacrimone as a man just fucking plummeted. To cry like a woman is a fucking disgrace. Let me ask you this. If they can make him cry and if he is that weak what the fuck else can they make him do?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Well, even Cinderella didn't cry...
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I don't think it's as much about them crying (they're human after all), but the context.

Frank Coppa apparently bawled in the court room when he went away in the early 90s. Junior Staino got too choked up to talk and wept in court when he was sentenced. I can get it with these guys, as they were going to be away from their families. Tommy Horsehead cried on the stand when he testified against his boyhood pals.

The Joe Sferra one always cracks me up, though.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

B. I agree.context and content is how you can make judgement..
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

I heard that Big Joe Lubrano was crying in court when he got jammed up for the last thing he went away for....turned out he wasn't actually guilty for it, but from what I heard he was bawling.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Morello's tantrum in court was out of sheer shock. He was given 25 years for counterfeiting, which prior to that point most convictions resulted in maybe 5 years max. When that sentence was handed down, it jolted the underworld. The group's sentence was due to the national distribution network they had, and their notoriety (the Barrel Murder from 1903 made national news). If they didn't have the reputation as The Black Hand, the sentence would have been an average 2-5 years, maybe 6-10 given the scope of the operation. But 25 years!? It was unheard of. I'd flip the fuck out too if I was him.

Now, I'm not advocating for Morello's innocence, but there were some serious flaws with Comito's story and actions. Antonio Comito was the chief informant from the case, he paints a tale of being hired for legitimate work as a ink printer, then forced (with his live-in girlfriend despite being married) to go to Philadelphia and then upstate NY to work in seclusion on counterfeit notes. He makes himself out to be in total fear for his life and under the threat of death from them... I can't recall many times where the Mafia conducts its affairs in this fashion, extortion aside, most participants are usually very willing. And after the initial arrests, Comito went to where the notes were hidden and tried to collect them. But after he was arrested, he told a story to Flynn who used it to convict Morello et al, which enabled his own career in Washington. Comito received a hefty amount of money and left for S. America with his girlfriend.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Zeke cried in court a few years back.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

Toto Riina cried at funeral of Pippo Calderone.

Calogero Di Maggio cried when they were about to strangle him.

Franco Mafara cried and begged for his life before he was strangled. They found it very amusing and mocked him and did impressions of him after.

Salvatore Cancemi said he excused himself from his family and cried in the bathroom when he saw on evening news that Cosa Nostra murdered a five year old boy.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

According to media reports, many Chicago Outfit members cried at Paul Ricca's funeral especially Tony Accardo. But i wouldnt call these guys sissies for sure...and we all know why
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Bruno187 wrote:I heard that Big Joe Lubrano was crying in court when he got jammed up for the last thing he went away for....turned out he wasn't actually guilty for it, but from what I heard he was bawling.
That was the first time he went away, Bruno. When he took it on the chin for the Santorelli kid up in Tanglewood. He cried like a baby, but it got him his button.

The last time he went away was for the armed robbery. I don't think he shed a tear that time lol. He's home now. I saw him a few months ago at Patricia's. He's at least ten years younger than I am, but he was always a pretty respectful kid from what I remember. But I hear he's on Stevie's shit list, for whatever that's worth. At one point I heard they were knocking him down.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Frank LoCascio also cried after Gotti verbally abused him in front of the other inmates.

Pogo