Giannini asCrew dump

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Giannini asCrew dump

Post by CornerBoy »

Can we pls start a thread dedicated to this crew.

I know nothing about it.

All of my knowledge comes from books and here.

The few made guys and associates I am lifelong friends with seem to know interesting tidbits but I'm almost certain that they hold back bc they know I'm super paranoid don't want to get into trouble.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Re: Giannini asCrew dump

Post by OcSleeper »

Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Was Ace Aiello connected to Giannini crew? I've never heard of him being associated with Guzzo and the other guys from this crew…
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

so all these dudes reported to Amato

Did Amato have contact w Riina and the Corleonese?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Listen to some of the interviews Tom LeVecchia does with that guy. Frank something. He grew up in Ridgewood around all of these guys and to let him tell it, there really wasn't a cohesive crew . It was a bunch of kids who's parents were either connected to different LCN families in NY and some in Italy. The kids were running wild , some more than others, and occasionally worked together on things but for the most part weren't really a farm team like that.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Nurzhamba wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:47 am Was Ace Aiello connected to Giannini crew? I've never heard of him being associated with Guzzo and the other guys from this crew…
He was younger but yes. His dad was a huge heroin trafficker and he grew up in Middle Village.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Giannini crew wasn't exclusively Bonanno as guys like Vito Guzzo were with the Colombos. They were heavily connected to the Bonannos and Amato of course though.

As for Amato's Sicilian connections, Amato had ties to Mariano Asaro and Gioacchino Calabro, likely others from Castellammare. When Asaro visited NYC he met with Amato. Another Castellammarese guy was with Asaro during the visit but it's not known who he was.

He likely had contact with Ciccio Domingo as well since his proteges Nino Mistretta and Sal Montana (not Montagna) met with Domingo in Sicily in recent years.