FBI files worth requesting

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

FBI files worth requesting

Post by Antiliar »

I'm starting this thread where people can post their suggestions for which files to request, a little info about the subject, and why this file could be important and worth requesting. We have a lot of people who request files, so if they happen to run out of ideas they can look here. Here's a few suggestions to start this off.

Michele Miranda (1896-1973) - Genovese Family - Was not only the Genovese consigliere for many years, but was active going back to the 1930s

Nicolo Licata (1897-1974) - Los Angeles Family - Boss of the L.A. Family from 1967-1974 who was previously associated with Detroit [I'm putting in a request for this file]

Joseph Lombardo (1929-2019) - Chicago Family - Caporegime of the Grand Avenue crew and supposedly an adviser after he came out of prison
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Re: FBI files worth requesting

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Rocco Pellegrino - May have been one of the most respected Genovese captains of his time. I would have done it myself but I burnt my bridges with FOIA when I basically told them to fuck off after sending me garbage. (I did not pay for portion of Ianniello file which came totally useless.)
There you have it, never printed before.
Sullycantwell
Straightened out

Post by Sullycantwell »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:32 am Rocco Pellegrino - May have been one of the most respected Genovese captains of his time. I would have done it myself but I burnt my bridges with FOIA when I basically told them to fuck off after sending me garbage. (I did not pay for portion of Ianniello file which came totally useless.)
thats a good one, it would be interesting to see if it talked about his Camorra days
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Sullycantwell wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:42 am
HairyKnuckles wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:32 am Rocco Pellegrino - May have been one of the most respected Genovese captains of his time. I would have done it myself but I burnt my bridges with FOIA when I basically told them to fuck off after sending me garbage. (I did not pay for portion of Ianniello file which came totally useless.)
thats a good one, it would be interesting to see if it talked about his Camorra days
I just saw on FBI Dead List 2016 that Rocco Pellegrino is on there so a file is probably prepered already due to a previous request. It will probably come for free plus shipment. I have no clue though if the file is any good.
There you have it, never printed before.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Some other FBI files worth requesting:

Anthony "Tony" Milano- Active going back to the 1910's. Underboss/Consigliere until his death. Multiple families.

Stefano "Steve" Zoccoli- Tied to Calabrian's all over the country. Started in Pittsburgh, tied to Pellegrino in Westchester

Angelo Lonardo- In Cleveland from the very beginning, nationwide relationships, strong ties to Salerno and the Genovese Family

Joe Zerilli
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Joseph “Little Joe” DeFede - 1934 - 2012. Acting Boss of the Lucchese Family from 1993/4 until 1998. Very close to Vic Amuso.Flipped in 2002.His 302s will certainly be interesting.Involved in running the garment centre

Robert “Bobby” Amuso - Little is known about Bobby who was Vic’s brother and a Capo in Canarsie.Participated in the Buddy Luongo hit and Frankie DeCicco, if I remember correctly.

Peter “Fat Pete” Chiodo - His 302s will be very interesting.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I uploaded his file just now.
bn
Straightened out

Post by bn »

I’m going to do Francesco Rizzo (1897 - 1985) and Anthony Napolitano (1900 - 1992) for a detailed breakdown (hopefully) of the Gambino East Harlem crews. Also would be beneficial for me and Nasabeak’s 1963 chart we are working on.

I’m sure Vincenzo Generoso (Mickey’s father) would be somewhat useful. That crew is quite obscure considering how large Genovese crew’s usually are.

Personally I’m into requesting obscure guys even if they won’t be the most interesting.
jimmyb
Straightened out

Post by jimmyb »

Natale Evola
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Good idea Antiliar, hopefully we can promote more sharing of files, especially since they're all digital now and easy to upload.

I wonder if it would be worth it to figure out how to create a library of all these files, sorted by family. Hosting a website might be a little much, but maybe on the Internet Archive like Gavin Schmidt, there's tones of Chicago and Milwaukee files on there.
jimmyb wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:11 pmNatale Evola
Here you are:

https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... la#p173525
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:36 am Some other FBI files worth requesting:

Anthony "Tony" Milano- Active going back to the 1910's. Underboss/Consigliere until his death. Multiple families.

Stefano "Steve" Zoccoli- Tied to Calabrian's all over the country. Started in Pittsburgh, tied to Pellegrino in Westchester

Angelo Lonardo- In Cleveland from the very beginning, nationwide relationships, strong ties to Salerno and the Genovese Family

Joe Zerilli
I uploaded Tony Milano's file
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

I have received the Joseph Carna FBI file (Colombo captain until his death in 2012). It was only a couple of pages of heavily-redacted information from the '60s - I posted his mugshot from the file to the Colombo mugshots section.

My question is, if I provide proof of deaths for various associates of Carna (obituary links, etc.), will they un-redact those names if they appear on the file? Has anyone had any experience/success with this?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:58 pm I have received the Joseph Carna FBI file (Colombo captain until his death in 2012). It was only a couple of pages of heavily-redacted information from the '60s - I posted his mugshot from the file to the Colombo mugshots section.

My question is, if I provide proof of deaths for various associates of Carna (obituary links, etc.), will they un-redact those names if they appear on the file? Has anyone had any experience/success with this?
They should unless there's another reason not to, such as if they're CI's.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

Settimo “Sam” Accardi (1902-77): Lucchese leader in NJ with major connections to all top Newark criminals
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

JoelTurner wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:00 pm Settimo “Sam” Accardi (1902-77): Lucchese leader in NJ with major connections to all top Newark criminals
He's been requested. Awaiting results.