Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Post by Pogo The Clown »

You can disregard most of the lists on that site. A lot of inaccurate and just made up information.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:38 pm You can disregard most of the lists on that site. A lot of inaccurate and just made up information.

Pogo
As soon as I saw Anthony Stango listed as a soldier I had to question the accuracy, that’s Ridiculous 🤣
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:38 pm You can disregard most of the lists on that site. A lot of inaccurate and just made up information.

Pogo
So naturally furio posted it.
All roads lead to New York.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

joerock wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:36 pm
furiofromnaples wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:52 am There is a list of made members,to update but at least its a list.

http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.c ... /Elizabeth
Says Anthony Stango is a soldier that can’t be right, is there any truth to that?
No. It sometimes list the associates as members but is a good list.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

It's unfortunate because Bill Feather has done a lot of great research over the years and a lot of that site is based on good info -- yet he's also included random info from people the internet. I've even seen info from "Picasso" on there.

For an online resource it's cool because you can quickly check to see if a name has come up before, but you must always verify his info independently.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

furiofromnaples wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:17 pm
joerock wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:36 pm
furiofromnaples wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:52 am There is a list of made members,to update but at least its a list.

http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.c ... /Elizabeth
Says Anthony Stango is a soldier that can’t be right, is there any truth to that?
No. It sometimes list the associates as members but is a good list.
It also says Charles majuri is dead
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Looks like Horse may be a reference to a Merlo. Nash just posted a document that references an older Merlo relative having the nickname of "Little Horse".

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7403&start=30
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Whos the greek guy Dino who stole a million plus i believe from the WTC in late 90s, he still around?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:35 am Looks like Horse may be a reference to a Merlo. Nash just posted a document that references an older Merlo relative having the nickname of "Little Horse".

"Little Horse" was Tennessee Williams's personal pet nickname for his gay lover Frank Merlo. Frank Merlo was a relative of the other Merlos but obviously involved in... other things.

Very unlikely that a gay relative's pet nickname he received from his lover would become a family nickname within the mafia like "Joe Milk" did.

Glad you noticed it, but I think we can confidently rule it out given the nature of the nickname. You never know, though.
Last edited by B. on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:23 pm Whos the greek guy Dino who stole a million plus i believe from the WTC in late 90s, he still around?
Are you talking about Ralph Guarino?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

B. wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:39 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:35 am Looks like Horse may be a reference to a Merlo. Nash just posted a document that references an older Merlo relative having the nickname of "Little Horse".

"Little Horse" was Tennessee Williams's personal pet nickname for his gay lover Frank Merlo. Frank Merlo was a relative of the other Merlos but obviously involved in... other things.

Very unlikely that a gay relative's pet nickname he received from his lover would become a family nickname within the mafia like "Joe Milk" did.

Glad you noticed it, but I think we can confidently rule it out given the nature of the nickname. You never know, though.

The excerpt said the nickname was given to Merlo by 'Britineva'. Admittedly not up on my Tennesse Willaims history I looked it up and Maria Britneva was a Russian actress who was friends with TW and his bugger boy Merlo.

Back to the ID of Horse. Going from memory didn't Stango say on those tapes that the current leaders were bothers? I know he said they came from the "root of the tree" or words or that effect which could apply to a lot of members but if he said they were brothers that really narrows it down to handful of possiblities.

Pogo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Ah you could be right about the nickname origin. I think we're on the same page with the Tennessee Williams history haha.

I think the brothers reference came from the Stefanelli tapes. They said two brothers, sons of an older leader, were running things. When the full transcript came out we learned this was two of the Riggi brothers.

I don't think they said "Milk" and "Horse" were related, only that "Milk" had a long history in the family and an uncle who was a previous admin member.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Average estimate how many members and associates are within the family in 2021
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The last estimate in 2004 was 40-50 members and 50 associates. Probably not too different today.

Pogo
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:40 am The last estimate in 2004 was 40-50 members and 50 associates. Probably not too different today.

Pogo
Maybe a little more little less lookin forward to the new book comin out June 1st