Trafficante Crime Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Trafficante Crime Family

Post by sdeitche »

Grouchy Sinatra wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:49 pm I've been meaning to ask Scott Deitche:

The scene in Donnie Brasco where Trafficante is partying in a hot tub with naked chicks listening to Blondie, real or nah?
Nah. THe Brasco scenes in real life took place in New Port Richey, not Miami. No evidence that Santo partied it up. He was in declining health at that time.
Bodie011
Prospect

Post by Bodie011 »

Thoughts on Santo trafficante III having problems in 2005?

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/1993/0 ... mily-name/
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Bodie011 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:19 am Thoughts on Santo trafficante III having problems in 2005?

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/1993/0 ... mily-name/
This interview is actually from 1993. The Tampa Tribune did a huge multi-part investigative series on the Trafficante family and interviewed Santo Jose/Santo III.

Santo Jose Trafficante was the son of Frank Trafficante. Frank was the oldest of Santo Trafficante Sr.'s sons- the other four being Santo Jr, Henry, Sam, and Fano.

Santo Jose died in July 2010.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:57 pm
sdeitche wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:08 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:37 am
sdeitche wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:14 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:30 am
sdeitche wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:40 pm
Cheech wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:44 pm Scott. Focus on The Purples! Lol. Really looking fwd to that one.
Don't worry, I am!
ott, what is your take on the books “Ladonna: the bossalina of Miami” and “Tampa’s Mafia Underground Airline”? Are these books in anyway accurate? Or just bull
Tampa Underground Airline is 100% true. I know some of the guys involved.

The other, I highly doubt.
The woman that wrote the ladonna book claims she ran a whore house for Trafficante and that Trafficante did a lot of business with Hy Lerner from Chicago. She would help wash the money for him.

Who did the Tampa underground guys report too? Did Trafficante get a cut of their drug action? I’m not sure what time period the book takes place
Yeah she wanted us to interview her, but her 'publicist' sent some weird rambling press release that smacked of a scam, so we politely declined.

The Underground Auirline was run by a group of friends that included Angleo Bedami Jr, Joe Bedami Sr's son and Angleo Sr' grandson. His uncle, Silent Sam Lorenzo, was also involved. He told me they didn't have to kick up because of what happened to his Dad (his Dad went missing in '68). THey have some really funny stories about pot smuggling in the 70s. It was more Jimmy Buffet than Goodfellas, for sure.

Scott, you should have interviewed to see how full of shit she was. I will say, that she named names of Chicago guys that are not very well known and seemed to know the names of their family members too. Joey Devita, Hyman Lerner and the Bastones are the ones that I recall. They are not very well know Outfit guys. She also claims or husband was Gene Talarico, an Outfit guy. Anyone familiar with him?
I recently did some interviews for a podcast that is being produced about her story. I was able to find some tangential informaiton about Trafficante's ties to Hyman Lerner in South Florida and in talking with some of the producers of the podcast makes me think I may have been too quick to outright dismiss her story. Will let you know as I find out more.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

I thought Mamone cooperated.