Trafficante Crime Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

joerock
Straightened out

Trafficante Crime Family

Post by joerock »

Here's an interesting subject the status of the trafficante crime
Family who's got info ready set go!
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Trafficante Crime Family

Post by Wiseguy »

Defunct. Only a handful of members still living, most in their 70's and 80's.
All roads lead to New York.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Thank you for the info
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

During what time was this a viable family at its peak ? Which of the five families was Trafficantes go to family? The Genovese?
What was their biggest downfall?
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

joerock wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:09 pm Here's an interesting subject the status of the trafficante crime
Family who's got info ready set go!
If I remember right some of the remaining members were working with the Gambino's not long back
mlm0047
Straightened out

Post by mlm0047 »

There are still families in “legit” business that have bloodlines to hitters from the old family
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:38 pm During what time was this a viable family at its peak ? Which of the five families was Trafficantes go to family? The Genovese?
What was their biggest downfall?
1950s-1970s

Gambinos

Attrition. it was a gradual dissolution. Was not law enforcement.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:48 pm Defunct. Only a handful of members still living, most in their 70's and 80's.
Vince LoScalzo - 83
Frank Albano - 80
Antonio Amorelli - early 70s
Joe DiGerlando - early 80s
James Valenti - late 80s
Santo Carollo- 83/84

Some associates still around as well, but many of them are getting up in age as well.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

sdeitche wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:33 am
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:48 pm Defunct. Only a handful of members still living, most in their 70's and 80's.
Vince LoScalzo - 83
Frank Albano - 80
James Valenti - late 80s
Santo Carollo- 83/84

Some associates still around as well, but many of them are getting up in age as well.
Scott, your the expert on Tampa. Can you tell me when they stopped being an organized crime group? I know they had that indictment about 20 years ago. Did that destroy the family? Can you positively say that there is no organization anymore?
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Were Lansky and Trafficante close? I believe both were big in Tampa.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Wasn't Steve Raffa's crew fairly large at least in 2000 when he went down? He hung himself after he was indicted I believe - what happened to all the the other guys working for him?
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:48 am
Vince LoScalzo - 83
Frank Albano - 80
James Valenti - late 80s
Santo Carollo- 83/84

Scott, your the expert on Tampa. Can you tell me when they stopped being an organized crime group? I know they had that indictment about 20 years ago. Did that destroy the family? Can you positively say that there is no organization anymore?
It wasn't law enforcement. Most of them by the mid 90s were involved in legitimate businesses and the crime stuff kind of wound down until the mid 2000s. Last concrete Trafficante family activity I have info on dates from about 2009 from an investigation that never went public.

The 2000 Raffa indictment took out the Miami faction for a bit but most everyone of those guys got out after a couple years. I believe most are still around South Florida (a few passed away).

I have not seen any evidence of an organization Even the Sheriff's Department intelligence guys came ot me a few times about updated info for their files. Really though there is no one in the FBI, FDLE, or local that are investigating traditional OC in the Tampa Bay area.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

SantoClaus wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:57 am Were Lansky and Trafficante close? I believe both were big in Tampa.
Not really super close from what I hear. Rarely did business together post-Cuba. Lansky was not big in Tampa crime-wise, though his daughter and grandson do live here.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

sdeitche wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:41 am
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:48 am
Vince LoScalzo - 83
Frank Albano - 80
James Valenti - late 80s
Santo Carollo- 83/84

It wasn't law enforcement. Most of them by the mid 90s were involved in legitimate businesses and the crime stuff kind of wound down until the mid 2000s. Last concrete Trafficante family activity I have info on dates from about 2009 from an investigation that never went public.

The 2000 Raffa indictment took out the Miami faction for a bit but most everyone of those guys got out after a couple years. I believe most are still around South Florida (a few passed away).

I have not seen any evidence of an organization Even the Sheriff's Department intelligence guys came ot me a few times about updated info for their files. Really though there is no one in the FBI, FDLE, or local that are investigating traditional OC in the Tampa Bay area.
What was the 2009 investigation over? Also, can you talk about who Loscalzo met after he was made boss? I heard he met with the Chicago Outfit and also New Orleans and Dallas? Can you get more In-depth about that?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Family is dead. Has been for a longtime. Loscalzo has been retired for a longtime as well. I think all you need to do is read into FBI files on the Gambino Tampa crew that was running down there. They had an associate of the Trafficante's involved with them. I believe the Gambino's said they laid claim to whatever was left of the Trafficante's which was one or two guys there were just associates or relatives of dead Tampa members. But its dead as dead can be. There is no organized family with made members and a boss. Loscalzo is legit and has been for sometime. He was moving in the direction even before the Raffa indictments. Mamone was a Jersey Genovese Associate moved to Florida after DiGilio got clipped and got Made under Raffa somehow..and I am pretty sure after DiGilio got clipped his future with the Genovese crew was over. I am not sure if friends of the his from the Gambino's vouched for him with Raffa ..I have no idea how he wound up with Raffa down there. But it certainly seemed that Raffa's crew was east coast based from the getgo and not super tight with the old timers in Tampa (that were alive back then). There whole thing is weird down there the loose net connection with Loscalzo to the Broward County Raffa crew members from up north etc. Mamone was a Jersey guy who knew allot of NY guys . So when he was down there. You had NY lucchese guys meeting him, Bonanno NY guys, Gambino's ...I mean Mamone was really the Tampa familys point man down there with guys up north once he got made down there. Raffa and Loscalzo didn't know any of these made guys that Mamone knew from NJ and NY.