most influential in each family(current)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: most influential in each family(current)

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:32 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:41 pm Most influential in each family:

The boss.
Peter Gotti :o
It’s true. Ask Pogo.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:08 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:04 pm Saying the Russian mob “basically” controls the worlds largest arsenal of nuclear weapons is laughable and is part of the problem of over-hyping this mysterious new criminal force simply because we don’t know any better.

I’m reading Red Mafiya right now, excellent book, really puts things into perspective. The book is very pro-Russian, as in, it really glorifies the reach and influence of the Russian mob. But at the end of the day, these Russian mobsters are very independent to one another. There is no hierarchical structure like the LCN. No lines of succession, no formal “tribute” process, no precedent for inducting new members on American soil (that I have come across thus far in the book).
So to say the Russian mob - a mysterious and vague term lumping together thousands of different ethnic criminals and groups - controls the worlds largest nuclear arsenal is false, even if that argument is relying on the fact that the Russian mob controls the Russian government. It’s such an incredible stretch that really distorts the facts, IMO. It implies that a collective entity of criminals - “the Russian mob” - can pull out a nuke tomorrow, which we both know isn’t accurate.
The author was killed also
No, he wasn't. He died in 2002 of a disease he caught in India while investigating human trafficking.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Peppermint wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:26 pm
scagghiuni wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:50 am russian government is not the same of the bratva, i think putin just used some gangster to consolidate his power and after he got rid of them, there are not even free elections and he no longer needs the mob, to kill someone he uses the secret services directly, he's a dictator
Maybe once upon a time they were separate entities, but they sure as shit been consolidated into the government likely around Putin’s second time holding the Presidency. Remember, Putin during his first time in office was entirely different from the Putin entering his second round in office after the power swap with former Prime Minister Medvedev. That is likely when the two became one in the same.

Wikileaks confirmed through a leaked cable that the Russian FSB (KGB domestic successor, which Putin at one time was a Colonel) acts as the Solntsevskaya Bratva’s umbrella shielding their operations. The FSB and it’s foreign intelligence counter part SVR RF, both answer directly to Putin’s authority, true, and it’s the same FSB that protects the Bratva in question. Coincidence? I think not.
most of stuff about russian mob is hype, no doubt there are some criminal gang connected to politicians, oligarchs and pubblic officials, but no more than what happens in japan, mexico or italy and other countries with a local strong organized crime
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

gohnjotti wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:14 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:08 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:04 pm Saying the Russian mob “basically” controls the worlds largest arsenal of nuclear weapons is laughable and is part of the problem of over-hyping this mysterious new criminal force simply because we don’t know any better.

I’m reading Red Mafiya right now, excellent book, really puts things into perspective. The book is very pro-Russian, as in, it really glorifies the reach and influence of the Russian mob. But at the end of the day, these Russian mobsters are very independent to one another. There is no hierarchical structure like the LCN. No lines of succession, no formal “tribute” process, no precedent for inducting new members on American soil (that I have come across thus far in the book).
So to say the Russian mob - a mysterious and vague term lumping together thousands of different ethnic criminals and groups - controls the worlds largest nuclear arsenal is false, even if that argument is relying on the fact that the Russian mob controls the Russian government. It’s such an incredible stretch that really distorts the facts, IMO. It implies that a collective entity of criminals - “the Russian mob” - can pull out a nuke tomorrow, which we both know isn’t accurate.
The author was killed also
No, he wasn't. He died in 2002 of a disease he caught in India while investigating human trafficking.
Which was developed in a Russian bio lab and delivered on orders of the FSB under direction from the Bratwurst/Bratva
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

"while the Italian greaseballs were playing bachii ball... Us Russians we're playing chess"

- Russian greaseball
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

I wasn’t seriously suggesting they’re actually in control of the nuclear weapons. Again, just a figure of speech and a joke. I was using to emphasize the fact that considering the FSB is confirmed to act as an umbrella for the Solntsevskaya Bratva, is a clear indicator that of their power and influence, and Putin having a hand in it. Considering the FSB answers only directly to him, and he was a high ranking officer in it’s predecessor agency, the KGB. It’s obvious he wouldn’t allow such a group to continue operating, nor let his agency participate in such corruption, and not be involved in it himself.

There is nothing mystique about that, the only illusion is that it’s a “coincidence” because it’s too much to be coincidental lol let’s be real.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:37 pm "while the Italian greaseballs were playing bachii ball... Us Russians we're playing chess"

- Russian greaseball
That book and a lot of other stuff from the 1990s about the Russians didn't exactly age well. Ended up being a lot of hot air. Former FBI director Louie Freeh later admitted that their expectations of what Russian organized crime would amount to didn't come about.

Like I've said many times over the years, you can go back over the decades and see one ethnic group after the next being proclaimed to be the new top dogs in the underworld. In the 1960s it was the blacks. In the 1970s it was the Colombians. In the 1980s it was the Chinese. In the 1990s it was the Russians. In the 2000s it was the Albanians.
All roads lead to New York.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:58 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:37 pm "while the Italian greaseballs were playing bachii ball... Us Russians we're playing chess"

- Russian greaseball
That book and a lot of other stuff from the 1990s about the Russians didn't exactly age well. Ended up being a lot of hot air. Former FBI director Louie Freeh later admitted that their expectations of what Russian organized crime would amount to didn't come about.

Like I've said many times over the years, you can go back over the decades and see one ethnic group after the next being proclaimed to be the new top dogs in the underworld. In the 1960s it was the blacks. In the 1970s it was the Colombians. In the 1980s it was the Chinese. In the 1990s it was the Russians. In the 2000s it was the Albanians.
The Columbians are still powerful and are heavily involved in local politics as are the Chinese, although the Chinese were always into financial crime, and so secretive and have so little LE scrutiny it's tough to tell. The Columbians teamed up with other Latin groups, mostly Mexicans. I'm speaking regarding New York and Jersey, I don't know how it is in the midwest and east coast. Cubans were very big in Jersey, especially in Union and the surrounding areas.
mlm0047
Straightened out

Post by mlm0047 »

Back on topic please? Have to be more guys around still outside the big names already mentioned that carry weight
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

mlm0047 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:59 pm Back on topic please? Have to be more guys around still outside the big names already mentioned that carry weight
Seriously what the **** ? When did this thread change its name it’s original question had nothing to do with mob. It’s a great question if people would just answer it and if they wanna talk about the Russians it can be done in a seperate thread with that title on it ? I don’t get it great question completely derailed
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

So anyone wanna get this thread back on track?
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Mason_dixon wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:45 pm
mlm0047 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:59 pm Back on topic please? Have to be more guys around still outside the big names already mentioned that carry weight
Seriously what the **** ? When did this thread change its name it’s original question had nothing to do with mob. It’s a great question if people would just answer it and if they wanna talk about the Russians it can be done in a seperate thread with that title on it ? I don’t get it great question completely derailed
That was my fault, I tried using a series of examples as metaphors as to why the Mafia isn’t powerful and influential anymore. That their members aren’t powerful and influential anymore either, and the only power and influence they wield anymore is over other criminals. The point being because of how weak the mob has become, and their members have become you can’t actually consider any individual member as powerful or influential anymore because compared to the power and influence they used to have, what they have now can hardly be considered power and influence. Especially since they only hold sway over other criminals now, unlike back in the day they were able to pull strings in sectors that rivaled that of the government itself. Controlled entire industries, and practically the entire domestic markets of the nation’s most crucial infrastructure (construction, sanitation, grocery, trucking, warehouses, unions, trade ports, airports, etc) where as today, day by day what little grip they still have on some of these things are further deteriorating. So it’s meaningless to even debate which member is the most powerful and influential today, because none of them really are anymore.

That was the point I was trying to make, which was completely relevant to the topic at hand. Just merely trying to make a counterclaim that not one of them are actually powerful and influential in society’s terms today. But, for whatever reason, people took these examples and ran with them. Which caused the thread to devolve into debates about Kennedy’s assassination and whether or not the mob was involved, and the perspective of Russian bratvas and how powerful they may or may not actually be. Which wasn’t what I was trying to do at all, I was only trying to make my argument by using these examples, and everyone else took them and ran with it. Lol

That’s what I get for being insightful, and presenting the nihilistic narrative of; “Doesn’t matter, because none of them are powerful or influential anymore.”
For that I apologize because I didn’t expect that my argument would derail the thread this much.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

The back on track nazis 🤦🏻‍♂️
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Yonkers103
On Record

Post by Yonkers103 »

what about the younger generation? who's name would you say holds weight current day? say 50 and under age bracket
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Yonkers103 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:05 pm what about the younger generation? who's name would you say holds weight current day? say 50 and under age bracket
Lucchese: preciously Crea Jnr. DiBenedetto. Young Perna’s.

Westside: who knows. Mario Gigante and Larry Fab over in Jersey are a couple of names on the up.
Lodi Pete and Ralphie Santaneillo in Connecticut are a couple of names in the news and done time of late. Who knows if they or that carries any weight. Sally KO is just out and has long mafia roots. Tough guy too. Though reportedly sick.

Gambino’s: Zips. Lanni took over from Mannino. Tall Pete.
Roccaforte was respected though who knows how much that was tied to Trucchio.

Bonanno: Anthony Pipitone/Ernest Aiello both young, acting capo’s and ties to Mancuso. Jack Bonventre was offered consig and he’s only 50. Vito Grimaldi has a kid I think who’s made. Though with Vito shelved, that probably puts the kid on the outs. Vito DID have swing though. Not that that matters now I guess. Speaking of kids, Johnny Joe Spirito has a made kid and he’s very highly regarded so I’m sure that carries weight.

Colombo: Michael Uvino (precious acting), Angelo Sparta?
No idea.
Gohn?