THE MOST MOBBED-UP NEIGHBORHOODS?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: THE MOST MOBBED-UP NEIGHBORHOODS?

Post by PolackTony »

JIGGS wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:59 pm
StandUpGuy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:56 am Bronx: throgs neck,pelham bay, Morris park..?
Nope!

JIGGS
Used to hang out on Morris Park ave a lot when I lived in the Bx (la Casa del Caffe). Always love that areas as it reminds me a lot of the Italian areas of Northwest Chicago (Harlem Ave). Still see older guys that look the part, but that means nothing. As with most of these old school neighborhoods the Italian population has clearly declined a lot. My impression from hanging out and friends who live in the area is that the Albanians have taken over big time of course, and now lots of middle class PRs and Dominicans moving in. The latter is also definitely the case in Throggs Neck, Country Club.

Any action still happening in Morris Park nowadays? What sort of relationship do the Albanians have with the Mob in the Bx today?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Extortion wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:26 am East harlem is not mobbed up anymore and there are no more neighborhoods that are mobbed up in brooklyn or queens anymore with the exception of a restaurant or minor social club here or there. Youd have to go to staten island.
Brooklyn is plenty mobbed up , Nowhere near like it used to be but still large areas and pockets dotted all over south brooklyn .Gravesend is the new Bensonhurst , Well , Actually Gravesend borders Bensonhurst and Coney Island etc and has always been mobbed up. In the summer and spring youll definitely see guys sitting outside Clubs and cafes etc and see some presence, Otherwise in Winter youll see zero presence .Gargiulos in Coney island reopened from the virus crap and there was definitely a large gathering of guys seated at a big table in the outdoor area, Definitely Mob guys . But South Brooklyn you'll definitely see guys all over in the warm months and they own and operate a large number of businesses in these areas
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:51 am
Extortion wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:26 am East harlem is not mobbed up anymore and there are no more neighborhoods that are mobbed up in brooklyn or queens anymore with the exception of a restaurant or minor social club here or there. Youd have to go to staten island.
Brooklyn is plenty mobbed up , Nowhere near like it used to be but still large areas and pockets dotted all over south brooklyn .Gravesend is the new Bensonhurst , Well , Actually Gravesend borders Bensonhurst and Coney Island etc and has always been mobbed up. In the summer and spring youll definitely see guys sitting outside Clubs and cafes etc and see some presence, Otherwise in Winter youll see zero presence .Gargiulos in Coney island reopened from the virus crap and there was definitely a large gathering of guys seated at a big table in the outdoor area, Definitely Mob guys . But South Brooklyn you'll definitely see guys all over in the warm months and they own and operate a large number of businesses in these areas
I can corroborate that statement lol my girlfriends brother lives in park slope Brooklyn area and we go down there about once a month to visit him and his son and I always make my girlfriend take a ride with me through southern Brooklyn (gravesend, Bensonhurst, bay ridge area) and there is without a doubt still a strong Italian/mob presence in parts of the areas I just mentioned. We usually stop on avenue U at ciccios pizza and grab a slice which is owned by Colombo mobster vinny Posa’s kid (great pizza btw) and he’s always out there with his young group of friends and they def look the part lol
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

NJShore4Life wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:06 pm My bookie still swears the legalization of Sports Betting in New Jersey hasn’t hurt his business!
Franzese said the same thing. He said guys were scared back in the day when NY legalized off track betting but he said it ended up helping them in the long run. They ended up making more. The ability to gamble on credit is always going to leave those guys with a nice book of business, no pun intended. Not to mention the guys that have to hide the credit card statement from the wife.

It’s not as drastic but you can still find a bunch of weed dealers in states where it’s legal that still do fairly well for themselves.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Deer Park, Long Island in Suffolk County.

I don’t know anyone personally, I never met anyone either that was connected here either.

But it’s a very Italian neighborhood, there’s a few spots here that are “known” to be mob spots. Of course, the local dump is just a hamlet over as well.

There is one place I do know enough about that I can share the story about it that my Father told me. At the edge of town, just on the border of Deer Park, and Wyandanch (where the dumps are) is where the local Mr. Softee Ice Cream franchise is located. Needless to say, Wyandanch is a bad neighborhood, all the businesses there even the post office has been robbed. Mr. Softee being located right on the border between the two towns, was no exception to crime.

One day, once upon a time, a few guys part of the local crips decided to break into Mr. Softee and rob the place. Little did they know, Mr. Softee is mobbed up. The guys that broke into the place, are found at the Crip hangout tied up in the back of an Ice Cream truck with their legs broken. The place since, has never experienced a single crime again at it’s location. This incident happened before I was born, I sometimes have to drive through the area and on my way through since it’s right on the border I see the Mr Softee, all around there are people loitering and hanging out in front of the neighboring businesses but Mr. Softee never has a single person anywhere near their gates, they know not to ever fuck with Mr. Softee because of what happened all those years ago.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
Yonkers103
On Record

Post by Yonkers103 »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:33 pm
JIGGS wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:59 pm
StandUpGuy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:56 am Bronx: throgs neck,pelham bay, Morris park..?
Nope!

JIGGS
Used to hang out on Morris Park ave a lot when I lived in the Bx (la Casa del Caffe). Always love that areas as it reminds me a lot of the Italian areas of Northwest Chicago (Harlem Ave). Still see older guys that look the part, but that means nothing. As with most of these old school neighborhoods the Italian population has clearly declined a lot. My impression from hanging out and friends who live in the area is that the Albanians have taken over big time of course, and now lots of middle class PRs and Dominicans moving in. The latter is also definitely the case in Throggs Neck, Country Club.

Any action still happening in Morris Park nowadays? What sort of relationship do the Albanians have with the Mob in the Bx today?
still italians hanging on in the bx. don't forget seems like leadership for at least 3 of the families are based out of the bx so they must still have influence in those areas.
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

The Colombo’s were using the Sons of Italy organization as a front for their gambling and Shy rackets on Long Island specifically Hauppauge and lindenhurst. my dad would go there for their Holdem tournaments and I delivered food a handful of times. The guy Paulie Guns operated the spot till he flipped. This was like in 2010. I know the spot in Hauppauge isn’t around it got turned into a pediatric office and not sure about the lindenhurst place if it’s still around but there is one in deer park but I’m pretty sure that one is legit. Also there was caffe Messina in lindenhurst off straight path I believe that was mobbed up
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

Cinderella’s video store/peep show is operated by the Colombo’s as well and back in 2000s the strip club the scene was ran by them as well now Russians own the place
Flushing
Straightened out

Post by Flushing »

JohnnySalami wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:40 pm The Colombo’s were using the Sons of Italy organization as a front for their gambling and Shy rackets on Long Island specifically Hauppauge and lindenhurst. my dad would go there for their Holdem tournaments and I delivered food a handful of times. The guy Paulie Guns operated the spot till he flipped. This was like in 2010. I know the spot in Hauppauge isn’t around it got turned into a pediatric office and not sure about the lindenhurst place if it’s still around but there is one in deer park but I’m pretty sure that one is legit. Also there was caffe Messina in lindenhurst off straight path I believe that was mobbed up
When I was in rehab the other "clients" would talk about straight path a lot. A big drug spot, apparently.

The more I learn about Long Island the more I realize that there are legitimate tough people from some of these neighborhoods. My ex girlfriends brother did 10 years for multiple robberies and assaults. They all came from a total broken home. My girl died years later (age 30, heroin). Her sister died age 16 (suicide). Both the mother and father died of alcoholism. Lots of death and drugs.

The "white privilege" fairy never stopped in to that household to bestow money, status, prestige or social mobility on them. Amazing, but true. Long Island is declining fast and there some real serious dudes out there.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

AntComello wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:17 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:51 am
I can corroborate that statement lol my girlfriends brother lives in park slope Brooklyn area and we go down there about once a month to visit him and his son and I always make my girlfriend take a ride with me through southern Brooklyn (gravesend, Bensonhurst, bay ridge area) and there is without a doubt still a strong Italian/mob presence in parts of the areas I just mentioned. We usually stop on avenue U at ciccios pizza and grab a slice which is owned by Colombo mobster vinny Posa’s kid (great pizza btw) and he’s always out there with his young group of friends and they def look the part lol
I just had Ciccios last week , I didnt know that Posa owned it . Those areas definitely are nowhere near what they were but theres plenty of Cafes and clubs all over the area and plenty of businesses and real estate owned and operated by mob guys , Like i said in the summer you can drive all around on a hot day and see guys hanging out all over
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JohnnySalami wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:40 pm The Colombo’s were using the Sons of Italy organization as a front for their gambling and Shy rackets on Long Island specifically Hauppauge and lindenhurst. my dad would go there for their Holdem tournaments and I delivered food a handful of times. The guy Paulie Guns operated the spot till he flipped. This was like in 2010. I know the spot in Hauppauge isn’t around it got turned into a pediatric office and not sure about the lindenhurst place if it’s still around but there is one in deer park but I’m pretty sure that one is legit. Also there was caffe Messina in lindenhurst off straight path I believe that was mobbed up
Great post, Paulie Guns owned gambling spots from Long Island to South Brooklyn even as an undercover informant. As an informant, he helped push Big Anthony Russo to muscle in on a gambling house that was just across from the Del Rio Diner on Kings Highway. I don’t know if the Del Rio Diner is still there because this is mid-2000s that we’re talking about.

A Sons of Italy club was also used by Long Island-based Colombo captain Michael Uvino who operated extensive gambling clubs across Long Island, as well as bookmaking operations in NY, NJ, CT, and even Vegas IIRC.

The more I think about it, the more I realize Michael Uvino was hanging around a lot of the same Long Island circles as Tommy Gioeli. I think Gioeli specifically kept the Bay Parkway Boys (Dino Calabro, Dino Saracino, Joe Competiello, etc.) at an arm’s length from Gioeli’s crew in Long Island because hardly anything about Gioeli’s Long Island crew came up in his trial. There was barely a peep about Paulie Guns Bevacqua, Tommy’s longtime acting captain, or Sonny Franzese, Tommy’s underboss, from Calabro and Competiello on the witness stand.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:35 pm I don’t know if the Del Rio Diner is still there because this is mid-2000s that we’re talking about.
Unfortunately it's gone.
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:35 pm
Great post, Paulie Guns owned gambling spots from Long Island to South Brooklyn even as an undercover informant. As an informant, he helped push Big Anthony Russo to muscle in on a gambling house that was just across from the Del Rio Diner on Kings Highway. I don’t know if the Del Rio Diner is still there because this is mid-2000s that we’re talking about.

A Sons of Italy club was also used by Long Island-based Colombo captain Michael Uvino who operated extensive gambling clubs across Long Island, as well as bookmaking operations in NY, NJ, CT, and even Vegas IIRC.

The more I think about it, the more I realize Michael Uvino was hanging around a lot of the same Long Island circles as Tommy Gioeli. I think Gioeli specifically kept the Bay Parkway Boys (Dino Calabro, Dino Saracino, Joe Competiello, etc.) at an arm’s length from Gioeli’s crew in Long Island because hardly anything about Gioeli’s Long Island crew came up in his trial. There was barely a peep about Paulie Guns Bevacqua, Tommy’s longtime acting captain, or Sonny Franzese, Tommy’s underboss, from Calabro and Competiello on the witness stand.
Yah I heard Mike uvino had a few of his guys beat the shit out of someone who robbed his poker game that was being held at the SoI in lindehurst. Also the dealer Paulie G brought in was actually a fed
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Flushing wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:29 pmThe "white privilege" fairy never stopped in to that household to bestow money, status, prestige or social mobility on them.
White privilege is them not facing anything near the consequences black people would have faced if they'd made the same poor choices.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah the consequences of countless scholarships, lowered standards of admission in general, affirmative action and quotas for everything be it schooling or employement. If only poor White people who may or may not have made poor choices got to face those consequences.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.