Current Gambino family administration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Current Gambino family administration

Post by CabriniGreen »

Ahhh, no prob felice ... Thanks again for posting all this... It's a privilege to read.....
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:50 pmLast point, speaking for myself, I came to the conclusion of Gambino being a power after I found out he was in bed with ALL the major LCN narcotics traffickers of the 70s and 80s. Like, at the very top. Actually maybe higher than Rizzuto, right there with the Caruanas, Greco and Badalamenti.

Then there were the reports of ties to Toronto. Then New Bridge showed us the ties to Calabria. The ascendancy of the Calabrians in Narcotics. The ties to Sicily. I hear what Wiseguy is saying, but I didn't take this from a forum source.

I've studied this narcotics ring from the 70s, to now. I'm convinced it's basically the same thing, with new players, except SOME OF THEM are the same original people, like the late John Gambino. I saw him as connected at a high level in Sicily, New York, Venezuela, commanding respect amongst American AND Sicilian wise guys, at the highest levels.

And then today we have a situation where Italians have regained footing as dominant players in the International drug trade. I don't see why the FBI wouldn't make the same conclusions, honestly....

Sorry for the long post guys, I just get irritated when it's assumed this is just pulled outta your ass... Like illness aside, who wouldn't peg Gambino as a top guy?
This is where your drug-centric view on things may steer you to the wrong conclusion. Everyone agrees Gambino was a top guy. He was on the 3 man street panel for the family. But him being big in narcotics, in and of itself, isn't going to make him the boss or the one with the most power in the family. While drugs certainly rank as a core racket for the mob, especially the Gambinos, they aren't the driving force for the LCN you see with other groups in the US or internationally. Don't put more stock in the Old and New Bridge cases than you should. The crime groups in Italy are one thing but, while the NY families are still very much involved in the drug trade, even they have been marginalized to a degree.

And nobody said felice pulled anything out of his ass. It just seemed some were taking the info at face value, despite the info we already have, and some of us would caution against that.
UTC wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:27 pm The FBI is so profoundly dysfunctional on various levels at the moment that one would be have to be naive and a federal fan boi to consider them as speaking the gospel. These days, the personnel are lucky if they know who THEIR boss is at any given time.
I could call them every day and say I hate Americans and I intend to kill them, but if I didn't send a calendar invite with directions to the actual massacre, I'd be scot free.
Not sure what you're trying to say but the feds will always be our most solid and consistent source of info on the mob. Time has proven this again and again. A handful of proven OC experts/journalists would be second. Even the best forum contributors aren't even in the same ballpark. This isn't federal fan boi-ism talking. Just reality.
TommyGambino wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:34 am Wiseguy, none of that shit still has to be explained, everyone here just respects felice's info and are writing nothing off. Do you think Capceci has better info/sources on the Sicilians then felice? It's interesting info, nobody saying it is fact...... other then bronx lol shouts out bronx
When you say "the Sicilians" do you mean the Sicilian Mafia or the "Sicilian faction" of the Gambino family? If you're talking about the latter, and particularly who is in what current leadership positions, we've always received far more info about that from Capeci. And saying as much isn't taking anything away from felice.
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:14 am @ Felice

That's exactly how I interpreted the Palmeri thing...... He's not an UNDERBOSS, ( technically) but a man of power and influence.....funny, all these mafia drug guys are very similar. Always close to the bosses, autonomous, it's pretty fascinating stuff...
I think that description fits John Gambino too, as pertaining to the boss position.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

my opinion, the gambino "faction " has been tagged with the drug biz forever, however since their arrest ,prison sentences until now, no drug cases..none connected to them.the new guys on top i feel are not involved with major drug dealing.. i would be shocked if frank ,lorenzo et al ever get involved ..too smart, too much money they are making without drugs..
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

bronx wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:23 am my opinion, the gambino "faction " has been tagged with the drug biz forever, however since their arrest ,prison sentences until now, no drug cases..none connected to them.the new guys on top i feel are not involved with major drug dealing.. i would be shocked if frank ,lorenzo et al ever get involved ..too smart, too much money they are making without drugs..
Well there was that huge Gambino-N'Drnagheta coke conspiracy case, while they had leadership positions,
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

I tend to agree with Felice that sometimes we get too caught up in titles as mob life is not so cut and dry . IMO Gambino was likely not official boss but he had the power and if he wanted something or a ruling to go his way , who is going to stop him ? He had the rep , people and money to be the shot caller when he wanted too . Smart guy
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

hello Thomas , whoo was pinched in gambino family, i cant recall who in that crew was pinched, was it italian and canada guys? thanks
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

bronx wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:23 am my opinion, the gambino "faction " has been tagged with the drug biz forever, however since their arrest ,prison sentences until now, no drug cases..none connected to them.the new guys on top i feel are not involved with major drug dealing.. i would be shocked if frank ,lorenzo et al ever get involved ..too smart, too much money they are making without drugs..
Well, in past Calì was involved, some sicilians went to visit him and his brother in law to deal cocaine, they were later taped talking about it.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

hey Felice how are you, i dont remember frank or pete getting arrested for dealing drugs..in the states that is conspiracy without any drugs siezed ..thanks
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

What does make you a respected boss or mobster nowdays?
1. to be sure you are not going to rat
2. to be able to get someone killed
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

nobody today can say for sure a guy wont rat..#2 you mean to be able to kill someone yourself ?, easy to tell someone else to do it.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Mandalà and Nicchi visited him, there are photos available even online. Before the trip they were taped talking about their trip budget and how it was financed by 3 mob families because they had to make deals there.
When they come back they were taped again talking about how they were formally presented to Calì and Inzerillo and how they tried to make deals.
Pietro Inzerillo is highly suspected to be still involved, he was seen meeting with calabrian traffickers and his family has been always in that field, he was even taped during new bridge investigation having suspicious talks
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

bronx wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:18 pm nobody today can say for sure a guy wont rat..#2 you mean to be able to kill someone yourself ?, easy to tell someone else to do it.
2. By yourself or having people ready to do that for you
1. Well, on some guys you can be sure about
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

bronx wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:10 pm hello Thomas , whoo was pinched in gambino family, i cant recall who in that crew was pinched, was it italian and canada guys? thanks
Franco Lupoi I think his name was, the FBI said he was a gambino associate close to Tall Pete
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Lupoi was dealing with cocaine from Calabria so he was not moving Gambino's or Inzerillo's stuff, that lead investigators to believe that he was authorized to have his own network because they are out of that business now