Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by FriendofFamily »

Here is another comment from Michael Franzese:

https://www.facebook.com/680393852/post ... 032323853/

My Friends! - I notice quite a bit of chatter and speculation regarding the Cali hit that occurred in Staten Island this past week. People are already pointing fingers at Gene Gotti, predicting a war will break out between the Sicilian and American factions of the Gambino family.

It makes for interesting discussion on social media, however, it’s all just speculation and idle chatter. NO ONE on social media knows why Cali was hit or who the shooter was. Trust me on that. If there is internal dissension, this will
play itself out over the next few months. I have a pretty good idea as to what is occurring. But it’s not to be discussed on social media.
Know which Game to Play
Pete
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Pete »

Sorry if this has been covered but what’s mannino’s position? I know he was a capo but I thought there was talk he had moved up
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Bmd
Prospect

Post by Bmd »

I heard some chatter the Albanians are involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

scagghiuni wrote:
Lupara wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:32 pm His brother only killed Paul (and Bilotti since he happened to be with him) and that was enough to take over.
in canada they did the stupid thing to kill rizzuto and look what happened
They fucked up by going to war with each other instead of maintaining a strong coalition. The take-over was basically a succes until Montagna and Desjardins had their falling out and everything fell apart, giving Vito the momentum to regain his foothold.

Anyway, this got me thinking today (no shit sherlock)...

I may look like a bit of a hypocrite for disagreeing earlier with the suggestion of others that the Calabrians from Toronto may have done this. I still don't believe they would do something like this, not because they aren't capable, but because it goes against their work ethic of operating below the radar and not stirring up a hornet's nest by going to war with another Mafia organization. However, that being said, I posted this on Gangsterbb and wanted to share that here too:

The brutality of the hit is typical Canadian. There's a war going on in Ontario now and the Gambinos are active over there and they seemed to have played a role in the Montreal mob war too. Perhaps Cali was stirring things up over there and some of the groups there had enough of it and wanted to make a statement. The old Rizzuto group might be desperate enough to pull off something like this with all the hits they endured themselves with New York most likely sanctioning these attacks since they are all part of the same organization (LCN). Perhaps they felt they had nothing to lose. Just thinking out loud here. 

There's no denying how similar this hit is with many in Montreal and now in Hamilton. Mobsters getting killed in front of their home seems to be the norm there nowadays.

-----

As we know Cali might have played an important role in the Canadian affairs. Felice also said a few years ago how the Gambinos were involved in Montreal and that some Rizzuto guys even went to the Gambinos in New York to ask for help, which was refused. Then there was the Toronto meeting in October 2012 between Vito and New York emissaries. I'm inclined to believe Cali was one of those reps, I mean who else than him right? Vito's guys were even provided with a hostage from New York to ensure Vito's safety when he entered back into Canada, which is prove of their involvement in the purge against his family. Then after he died the Rizzuto group was yet again targeted and is now weakened, but not defeated. Then recently we've seen a resurgance of violence in Ontario and Hamilton in particular, with murders very similar to Cali's. Some here suggested those may have been revenge killings tied to Montreal. Who knows this one might be part of this too.

Montagna was killed by a French-Canadian non-member so anything's possible nowadays.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:33 pm
Strax wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:11 pm
Well its against 'rules', do not kill anyone in front of his house/family.
What rule book is this from? There are plenty of examples of guys being killed in front of their homes and or their family. It's a great place to catch someone off guard.
You are right. Nobody has ever mentioned a rule against killing someone in front of their home / family and we know of plenty of examples:

Salvatore D'Aquila himself was killed in front of his wife and children. Genovese soldier Joe Catania was killed in front of his wife. Robert Riccobene in Philadelphia was killed in front of his mother. Genovese associate Jim Queli Jr. was killed in front of his home in NJ. Someone mentioned that Pappadio was killed in front of his home. Joe Scopo killed in his driveway. Attempt on Scarpa with his daughter and grandchildren in the car -- not to mention Scarpa killing Larry Lampasi in front of his house. There are many other examples. The plot to kill Charlie Majuri that never panned out was going to be on his home doorstep with his elderly mother home; there have been a large number of aborted / unsuccessful hits where the intended victim was stalked in front of his home because that's where he would be.

The closest "rule" (which I have never heard of being mentioned at induction ceremonies or formal meetings but is generally followed) is not to kill wives and children. Exceptions would be when the wife is cooperating with the government, though even that has been forgiven in most cases.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Two points on why I think your theory has merit and worth consideration Lupara.

1) After ‘Buffalo’ I will never rule anything out again.

2) The Rizzuto war has proven that anyone, anywhere can and will be hit. Anyone. Anywhere.

And this hit needed a serious case of the ‘not giving a fucks’ to be carried out.

Although unlikely, who the duck knows and as good a hat as any to be thrown into the ring at this stage.

If Gene ‘can’ hit Frankie Boy, who says it’s not Northern related?

And yes I loves me my italics 😁
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Bmd wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:22 pm I heard some chatter the Albanians are involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One post. Dismissed.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

They try not to kill in front of a family member especially females, but that is not a rule. If they can do it away from them they look to do so. Joe Gallo was killed in front of his wife, but that was a spur of the moment hit by Sonny Pinto, who also must have broken a rule by doing it in a mode guys place. Matty the Horse owned Umberto's and was on the scene, unaware it was about to take place. It put a ton of heat on him
that never went away.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Two points on why I think your theory has merit and worth consideration Lupara.

1) After ‘Buffalo’ I will never rule anything out again.

2) The Rizzuto war has proven that anyone, anywhere can and will be hit. Anyone. Anywhere.

And this hit needed a serious case of the ‘not giving a fucks’ to be carried out.

Although unlikely, who the duck knows and as good a hat as any to be thrown into the ring at this stage.

If Gene ‘can’ hit Frankie Boy, who says it’s not Northern related?

And yes I loves me my italics [emoji16]
It's a wild theory, but a theory nonetheless. I put it behind Gene or other internal elements or even the Sicily angle, but definitely before Persico, the Creas, Mancuso or the lone nut theory...

The Rizzuto group has been brutaly attacked from all sides, would they still give a fuck about Mafia protocols and refraining from unsanctioned killings? Sure, there will be consequences, but they are already dealing with those consequences for a decade, so what do they have to lose really? And what are the Gambinos going to do, send an army of killers up north who will likely be apprehended before they are able to strike? Leonardo and Sollecito have already had prices on their heads and they will be marked anyway. I very much realize I'm going out on a limb here, but Cali may have been an instigator in the mob war over there and has now paid the price.

Someone had to come up with this theory so I'm calling it. [emoji11]

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

It’s suspected the Gambinos are ‘involved’ up north so, for yours, it holds as much likelihood as Gene waving the family flag and hitting the trenches.

Both unlikely, but again, after Buffalo.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

I believe this is internal. Time will tell
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
richard_belding
Straightened out

Post by richard_belding »

B. wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:30 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:33 pm
Strax wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:11 pm
Well its against 'rules', do not kill anyone in front of his house/family.
What rule book is this from? There are plenty of examples of guys being killed in front of their homes and or their family. It's a great place to catch someone off guard.

Salvatore D'Aquila himself was killed in front of his wife and children. Genovese soldier Joe Catania was killed in front of his wife. Robert Riccobene in Philadelphia was killed in front of his mother. Genovese associate Jim Queli Jr. was killed in front of his home in NJ. Someone mentioned that Pappadio was killed in front of his home. Joe Scopo killed in his driveway. Attempt on Scarpa with his daughter and grandchildren in the car -- not to mention Scarpa killing Larry Lampasi in front of his house. There are many other examples. The plot to kill Charlie Majuri that never panned out was going to be on his home doorstep with his elderly mother home; there have been a large number of aborted / unsuccessful hits where the intended victim was stalked in front of his home because that's where he would be.
Pete Licata, Bobby Boriello too
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

bert wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:36 pm They try not to kill in front of a family member especially females, but that is not a rule. If they can do it away from them they look to do so. Joe Gallo was killed in front of his wife, but that was a spur of the moment hit by Sonny Pinto, who also must have broken a rule by doing it in a mode guys place. Matty the Horse owned Umberto's and was on the scene, unaware it was about to take place. It put a ton of heat on him
that never went away.
The fact that there are multiple examples spread out over multiple decades, like B. pointed out, means that they really couldn't give two shits about whether it was in front of a guy's family or house or whatever. They try to kill a guy wherever they can, the only reason they wouldn't do it in front of family is if they could get them somewhere else easier. We don't need this myth about how the mafia doesn't kill in front of woman or children because they're honorable or have respect for family or whatever.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Doubts about Gene:

Why hit the Underboss in a power play? If it was Gene then Cefalu would’ve been hit. Not Frank. Or both. But just Frank?

In a power play move what’s Gene going to do, say to Dom ‘I clipped your UB, so now hand over the reigns’?

Cef has to hit back in this case just to save face. And he’s old school, from the old country, a slap in the face like that and Gene knows it’s war.

It’s the worst possible strategic move in a play you could make.

Point two:
And war with the Sicilian faction? In the words of Tony Soprano ‘This is a business’. Things have been running smoothly for over a decade. Little LE interference, a full admin on the street. The Gambinos haven’t had this sort of run since Carlo.
Every Captain on the street has never even met Gene and they’re going to throw their livelihoods away and suffer unheard of LE pressure for a GOTTI?

The move by Gene is nonsensical in itself and for the life of me I can’t see how he’d get any semblance of support if he was to make this (idiotic) play.

Just a few thoughts.
Niagarafalls
Straightened out

Post by Niagarafalls »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 pm Doubts about Gene:

Why hit the Underboss in a power play? If it was Gene then Cefalu would’ve been hit. Not Frank. Or both. But just Frank?

In a power play move what’s Gene going to do, say to Dom ‘I clipped your UB, so now hand over the reigns’?

Cef has to hit back in this case just to save face. And he’s old school, from the old country, a slap in the face like that and Gene knows it’s war.

It’s the worst possible strategic move in a play you could make.

Point two:
And war with the Sicilian faction? In the words of Tony Soprano ‘This is a business’. Things have been running smoothly for over a decade. Little LE interference, a full admin on the street. The Gambinos haven’t had this sort of run since Carlo.
Every Captain on the street has never even met Gene and they’re going to throw their livelihoods away and suffer unheard of LE pressure for a GOTTI?

The move by Gene is nonsensical in itself and for the life of me I can’t see how he’d get any semblance of support if he was to make this (idiotic) play.

Just a few thoughts.
Agreed. The whole thing makes no sense. With all of the blood/marital relatives Frank had...why would they just be ok with Gene doing it? Prior knowledge or not? And why would the Sicilians want to rock the boat? The Gambino’s have been quiet for a long time. Why bring the heat/attention? Even if he “wasn’t involved in drugs”...why would they rock the boat? Especially if he was the underboss?