Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by Angelo Santino »

If anyone hasn't read Mafia Prince by Scott I highly recommend it. It belongs on the shelf next to Blood & Honor, Goodfella Tapes and Last Gangster.

https://www.amazon.com/Mafia-Prince-Leo ... B00IGYV9U2
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Chris Christie wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:36 am If anyone hasn't read Mafia Prince by Scott I highly recommend it. It belongs on the shelf next to Blood & Honor, Goodfella Tapes and Last Gangster.

Seconded. First Philly book I ever read. Put me on my path.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:37 am
Chris Christie wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:36 am If anyone hasn't read Mafia Prince by Scott I highly recommend it. It belongs on the shelf next to Blood & Honor, Goodfella Tapes and Last Gangster.

To read the entire history of Philly in literature-

Before Bruno Book 1 by Celeste Morello - 1880-1930
Before Bruno Book 2 - 1930-1945
Before Bruno and how he became boss Book 3 - 1945-1959

Mafia Prince - Scott Burnstein - 1970's-1980's
Blood & Honor by Anastasia - 1970s-1980's
Mobfather - 1970's-1980's
Blood Oath by George Fresolone - late 80's-early 90's
(All four of these books together will give you the definitive story of the Scarfo years, from the perspective of Leonetti, Caramandi, DelGiorno's kids and then Fresolone out in Jersey.)

Goodfella Tapes - early 90's

The Last Gangster - later 90's

Also Anastasia put out a collection of articles and interviews that covers all eras with additional info on Merlino, Martines, Stanfa, Scarfo, Leonetti etc called Mob Files.

Philly has been covered and written about for every era except Bruno's reign and post 2000's.
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

Chris Christie wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:42 am

(All four of these books together will give you the definitive story of the Scarfo years, from the perspective of Leonetti, Caramandi, DelGiorno's kids and then Fresolone out in Jersey.)

Also Anastasia put out a collection of articles and interviews that covers all eras with additional info on Merlino, Martines, Stanfa, Scarfo, Leonetti etc called Mob Files.

Philly has been covered and written about for every era except Bruno's reign and post 2000's.
I’d like to see a post 2000 book, covering the last twenty years.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

HoagieNose wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:55 am

Hopefully someone in this case will flip and write one.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
JerryB
Straightened out

Post by JerryB »

Chopper wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:12 am Scott has some great sources Philly-wise and he has proved it time and again. Not to mention he wrote a couple of impressive books on the mob.

Why he gives a fuck what some people think of him on a smal internet-forum? Beats me. He's an asset over here and it would be great if he started posting more.
+1!
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

It's worth reading just for the insane Scarfo quotes in it, like Scarfo saying of Feldman "I hope the rats in the sewer eat the eyeballs out of his fucking head", or "Don't pray for me because I don't need any prayers and beside all that, fuck god, too," or my personal favorite "You tell him I'll send him back to Philadelphia in six trash bags, two for his arms, two for his legs, one for his torso, and one for that big stupid fucking Irish head of his."

Also if they ever make a Scarfo movie I want Stephen Graham to portray him. He plays Tony Pro in the clip below. He'd be perfect, and at 5'5" he's just the right height! Yes I want an Englishman to be Nicky Scarfo. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9TsMA46Eww
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

HoagieNose wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:55 am

That would be a great book. It’d be awesome to read about Ligambi’s reign, especially 99-03. It was a very interesting time for Philly with Ligambi solidifying his position by having Turchi, Long John, and Gongs whacked.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

chin_gigante wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:23 pm Everything that has been reported on Philly induction ceremonies since 2010

21 October 2010:
- Domenic Grande is going to be inducted in a couple of months
- Anthony Nicodemo and Joseph Grande proposed Domenic for membership
- They are waiting a couple of months for Steven Mazzone to get off supervised release so they can make his brother Salvatore as well
- Joseph Licata has Joseph Servidio in mind for membership but does not want to make him while he is still in a halfway house
- Licata also has Vito Malgeri in mind but is not sure yet about him
- Malgeri is with Vincent Centorino, but Licata wants to put him with Louis Fazzini so they can determine whether they want to propose him
(Recordings made by Nicholas Stefanelli, viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5778)

[Notes: Steven Mazzone got off supervised release in February 2011, Servidio was released from his halfway house in April 2011, and Ligambi was indicted May 2011. Servidio was indicted as a soldier March 2018.]

14 July 2014:
- Domenic Grande was inducted by Ligambi at a 2011 ceremony a few weeks before he (Ligambi) was indicted
(Scott Burnstein, theblackhand.club/philly-mob-murder-trial-likely-headed-for-15-start/)

24 November 2015:
- Merlino presided over a ceremony in August or September at a residence in South Philadelphia
- This was the first ceremony Merlino presided over since he got off supervised release restrictions
- At least three new members were inducted
- One of the inductees was connected to Narducci by blood or marriage in a reconciliatory move
- It is possible this ceremony was to induct the three individuals proposed by Merlino who had not been made by Ligambi
(Burnstein, theblackhand.club/gr-sources-philly-mafia-ups-its-ranks-in-recent-months-while-4-factions-now-reign/)

28 January 2016:
- Five new members were inducted in October 2015
(George Anastasia, https://www.bigtrial.net/2016/01/wisegu ... iness.html)

31 January 2016:
- The October 2015 ceremony possibly took place around the time of a surprise 60th birthday party thrown for John Ciancaglini
- Merlino attended Ciancaglini’s party
- The ceremony was perhaps intended to induct individuals loyal to Borgesi, Narducci or both
(Burnstein, theblackhand.club/philadelphia-mob-making-went-down-in-october-15-brought-in-5-pack-of-initiates-anastasia-reports/)

14 March 2016:
- Four of the five inductees at the October 2015 ceremony were Salvatore Mazzone, Anthony Accardo, Anthony Borgesi and David Salvo
(Ed Scarpo, https://www.cosanostranews.com/2016/03/ ... a.html?m=1)

16 January 2018:
- Salvatore Mazzone was inducted in the years following Steven Mazzone getting off supervised release
(Burnstein, theblackhand.club/philly-mob-soldier-sonny-mazzone-isnt-someone-to-be-messed-with-seen-meeting-with-paroled-button-man-in-fall-of-17/)

23 July 2018:
- Some reports have Anthony Borgesi, David Salvo and Michael Salvo as part of the 2015 ceremony
(Burnstein, theblackhand.club/south-philly-sources-mafia-capo-borgesi-gets-bruno-scarfos-new-england-crew-up-running-again/)

20 September 2019:
- 15 to 17 guys have been inducted since 2001
(Anastasia and Dave Schratwieser, Mob Talk Sitdown 33)

22 September 2019:
- The 15 to 17 guys since 2001 figure may be undershooting it
- Merlino has inducted at least 12 new members since 2013
- Ceremonies were held in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2018
- Merlino wants to induct more members in South Florida to establish a crew there
- The 2015 ceremony was partially intended to boost Borgesi’s crew
- Up to four of Borgesi’s men were inducted at the 2015 ceremony
(Burnstein, theblackhand.club/making-a-lot-of-noise-talk-of-philly-mob-inductions-abound-merlino-injects-new-blood/)

23 November 2020:
- Several new soldiers were inducted on 15 October 2015 at a ceremony held in a residence in South Philadelphia
- Steven Mazzone and Domenic Grande were present for the ceremony
- Salvatore Mazzone was one of the inductees
(DOJ, https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/fifteen- ... cketeering)

28 November 2020:
- Individuals from Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey, and Florida have been inducted in the recent spate of ceremonies
(Burnstein, theblackhand.club/feds-have-philly-mafia-making-ritual-on-tape-handsome-stevie-mazzone-saying-were-fing-gangsters-per-detention-memo/)

05 December 2020:
- Multiple ceremonies have taken place over the past five or so years
(Anastasia and Schratwieser, Mob Talk Sitdown 48)
12 new members in less than a decade surprises me. Where are they finding all of those recruits? Are there really that many wannabes out there? I mean, I know it’s Philly but that’s still surprising to me in this day and age.

Then again, if you make a few guys in Philly, a few in Jersey, few in New England, a few down in Florida, then a dozen or so new members isn’t that hard to do.

And I’m sure the Five Families aren’t nearly as aggressive today in terms of expansion as they were up until the trials of the 1990’s, so I doubt they want the headache of taking on new territories. They probably don’t care as much what Philly does anymore.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Also, does Philly have a Sicilian faction any more? It doesn’t seem like they’ve had any since the Bruno or Stanfa days.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

There's a Sicilian faction in the Zip sense and the Sicilian faction in the traditional Philly Sicilian/ Calabrian split sense. The latter hasn't really mattered since the Scarfo era.

Philly hasn't had a Zip faction in the same way that the Bonannos or the Gambinos have. Sure, Stanfa was from Caccamo but one guy doesn't really make a faction. He started making Italian guys when he was boss but they weren't all from Sicily. Luigi Tripodi was from mainland Italy and didn't have any real criminal involvement until he was in his 50s.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

chin_gigante wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:23 pm Everything that has been reported on Philly induction ceremonies since 2010

21 October 2010:
- Domenic Grande is going to be inducted in a couple of months
- Anthony Nicodemo and Joseph Grande proposed Domenic for membership
- They are waiting a couple of months for Steven Mazzone to get off supervised release so they can make his brother Salvatore as well
- Joseph Licata has Joseph Servidio in mind for membership but does not want to make him while he is still in a halfway house
- Licata also has Vito Malgeri in mind but is not sure yet about him
- Malgeri is with Vincent Centorino, but Licata wants to put him with Louis Fazzini so they can determine whether they want to propose him
(Recordings made by Nicholas Stefanelli, viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5778)

[Notes: Steven Mazzone got off supervised release in February 2011, Servidio was released from his halfway house in April 2011, and Ligambi was indicted May 2011. Servidio was indicted as a soldier March 2018.]

14 July 2014:
- Domenic Grande was inducted by Ligambi at a 2011 ceremony a few weeks before he (Ligambi) was indicted
(Scott Burnstein, theblackhand.club/philly-mob-murder-trial-likely-headed-for-15-start/)

24 November 2015:
- Merlino presided over a ceremony in August or September at a residence in South Philadelphia
- This was the first ceremony Merlino presided over since he got off supervised release restrictions
- At least three new members were inducted
- One of the inductees was connected to Narducci by blood or marriage in a reconciliatory move
- It is possible this ceremony was to induct the three individuals proposed by Merlino who had not been made by Ligambi
(Burnstein, theblackhand.club/gr-sources-philly-mafia-ups-its-ranks-in-recent-months-while-4-factions-now-reign/)

28 January 2016:
- Five new members were inducted in October 2015
(George Anastasia, https://www.bigtrial.net/2016/01/wisegu ... iness.html)

31 January 2016:
- The October 2015 ceremony possibly took place around the time of a surprise 60th birthday party thrown for John Ciancaglini
- Merlino attended Ciancaglini’s party
- The ceremony was perhaps intended to induct individuals loyal to Borgesi, Narducci or both
(Burnstein, theblackhand.club/philadelphia-mob-making-went-down-in-october-15-brought-in-5-pack-of-initiates-anastasia-reports/)

14 March 2016:
- Four of the five inductees at the October 2015 ceremony were Salvatore Mazzone, Anthony Accardo, Anthony Borgesi and David Salvo
(Ed Scarpo, https://www.cosanostranews.com/2016/03/ ... a.html?m=1)

16 January 2018:
- Salvatore Mazzone was inducted in the years following Steven Mazzone getting off supervised release
(Burnstein, theblackhand.club/philly-mob-soldier-sonny-mazzone-isnt-someone-to-be-messed-with-seen-meeting-with-paroled-button-man-in-fall-of-17/)

23 July 2018:
- Some reports have Anthony Borgesi, David Salvo and Michael Salvo as part of the 2015 ceremony
(Burnstein, theblackhand.club/south-philly-sources-mafia-capo-borgesi-gets-bruno-scarfos-new-england-crew-up-running-again/)

20 September 2019:
- 15 to 17 guys have been inducted since 2001
(Anastasia and Dave Schratwieser, Mob Talk Sitdown 33)

22 September 2019:
- The 15 to 17 guys since 2001 figure may be undershooting it
- Merlino has inducted at least 12 new members since 2013
- Ceremonies were held in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2018
- Merlino wants to induct more members in South Florida to establish a crew there
- The 2015 ceremony was partially intended to boost Borgesi’s crew
- Up to four of Borgesi’s men were inducted at the 2015 ceremony
(Burnstein, theblackhand.club/making-a-lot-of-noise-talk-of-philly-mob-inductions-abound-merlino-injects-new-blood/)

23 November 2020:
- Several new soldiers were inducted on 15 October 2015 at a ceremony held in a residence in South Philadelphia
- Steven Mazzone and Domenic Grande were present for the ceremony
- Salvatore Mazzone was one of the inductees
(DOJ, https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/fifteen- ... cketeering)

28 November 2020:
- Individuals from Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey, and Florida have been inducted in the recent spate of ceremonies
(Burnstein, theblackhand.club/feds-have-philly-mafia-making-ritual-on-tape-handsome-stevie-mazzone-saying-were-fing-gangsters-per-detention-memo/)

05 December 2020:
- Multiple ceremonies have taken place over the past five or so years
(Anastasia and Schratwieser, Mob Talk Sitdown 48)
WHy didnt sonny get made in 2011 after his brother was done with supervised release
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Grande has a new bail hearing Monday,, and also says that he was caught on tape 30 times....
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

chubby wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:56 pm Grande has a new bail hearing Monday,, and also says that he was caught on tape 30 times....
Surprised that they only got him 30 times. A guy in his crew was wired up for several years and they only got him 30 times, that’s not bad. That number seems surprisingly low.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Scott Burnstein is going to be posting soon, he's got alot of information, I don't know what he's going to share but I think many will find it interesting- I did.

For his detractors, he's the next Gerry Capeci- like it or not. He's also got his hooks into Philly more so than GC, who in his latest gangland incorrectly labeled Scoops Licata the current consigliere (imagine if Burnstein stated that the blowback he'd receive?). Disagreement are good and healthy, but alleging that he's overstating things or lying to make himself relevant is a non-starter. Salut.