Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by chin_gigante »

Everything that has been reported on Philly induction ceremonies since 2010

21 October 2010:
- Domenic Grande is going to be inducted in a couple of months
- Anthony Nicodemo and Joseph Grande proposed Domenic for membership
- They are waiting a couple of months for Steven Mazzone to get off supervised release so they can make his brother Salvatore as well
- Joseph Licata has Joseph Servidio in mind for membership but does not want to make him while he is still in a halfway house
- Licata also has Vito Malgeri in mind but is not sure yet about him
- Malgeri is with Vincent Centorino, but Licata wants to put him with Louis Fazzini so they can determine whether they want to propose him
(Recordings made by Nicholas Stefanelli, viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5778)

[Notes: Steven Mazzone got off supervised release in February 2011, Servidio was released from his halfway house in April 2011, and Ligambi was indicted May 2011. Servidio was indicted as a soldier March 2018.]

14 July 2014:
- Domenic Grande was inducted by Ligambi at a 2011 ceremony a few weeks before he (Ligambi) was indicted
(Scott Burnstein, gangsterreport.com/philly-mob-murder-trial-likely-headed-for-15-start/)

24 November 2015:
- Merlino presided over a ceremony in August or September at a residence in South Philadelphia
- This was the first ceremony Merlino presided over since he got off supervised release restrictions
- At least three new members were inducted
- One of the inductees was connected to Narducci by blood or marriage in a reconciliatory move
- It is possible this ceremony was to induct the three individuals proposed by Merlino who had not been made by Ligambi
(Burnstein, gangsterreport.com/gr-sources-philly-mafia-ups-its-ranks-in-recent-months-while-4-factions-now-reign/)

28 January 2016:
- Five new members were inducted in October 2015
(George Anastasia, https://www.bigtrial.net/2016/01/wisegu ... iness.html)

31 January 2016:
- The October 2015 ceremony possibly took place around the time of a surprise 60th birthday party thrown for John Ciancaglini
- Merlino attended Ciancaglini’s party
- The ceremony was perhaps intended to induct individuals loyal to Borgesi, Narducci or both
(Burnstein, gangsterreport.com/philadelphia-mob-making-went-down-in-october-15-brought-in-5-pack-of-initiates-anastasia-reports/)

14 March 2016:
- Four of the five inductees at the October 2015 ceremony were Salvatore Mazzone, Anthony Accardo, Anthony Borgesi and David Salvo
(Ed Scarpo, https://www.cosanostranews.com/2016/03/ ... a.html?m=1)

16 January 2018:
- Salvatore Mazzone was inducted in the years following Steven Mazzone getting off supervised release
(Burnstein, gangsterreport.com/philly-mob-soldier-sonny-mazzone-isnt-someone-to-be-messed-with-seen-meeting-with-paroled-button-man-in-fall-of-17/)

23 July 2018:
- Some reports have Anthony Borgesi, David Salvo and Michael Salvo as part of the 2015 ceremony
(Burnstein, gangsterreport.com/south-philly-sources-mafia-capo-borgesi-gets-bruno-scarfos-new-england-crew-up-running-again/)

20 September 2019:
- 15 to 17 guys have been inducted since 2001
(Anastasia and Dave Schratwieser, Mob Talk Sitdown 33)

22 September 2019:
- The 15 to 17 guys since 2001 figure may be undershooting it
- Merlino has inducted at least 12 new members since 2013
- Ceremonies were held in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2018
- Merlino wants to induct more members in South Florida to establish a crew there
- The 2015 ceremony was partially intended to boost Borgesi’s crew
- Up to four of Borgesi’s men were inducted at the 2015 ceremony
(Burnstein, gangsterreport.com/making-a-lot-of-noise-talk-of-philly-mob-inductions-abound-merlino-injects-new-blood/)

23 November 2020:
- Several new soldiers were inducted on 15 October 2015 at a ceremony held in a residence in South Philadelphia
- Steven Mazzone and Domenic Grande were present for the ceremony
- Salvatore Mazzone was one of the inductees
(DOJ, https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/fifteen- ... cketeering)

28 November 2020:
- Individuals from Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey, and Florida have been inducted in the recent spate of ceremonies
(Burnstein, gangsterreport.com/feds-have-philly-mafia-making-ritual-on-tape-handsome-stevie-mazzone-saying-were-fing-gangsters-per-detention-memo/)

05 December 2020:
- Multiple ceremonies have taken place over the past five or so years
(Anastasia and Schratwieser, Mob Talk Sitdown 48)
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I don't know why the Gangster Report links aren't working. It keeps changing gangsterreport.com addresses to theblackhand.club addresses when I submit my posts for some reason.

[As a test, before submitting this I previewed it and the first theblackhand.club address above should actually say Gangster Report dot com. Haven't got a clue why it keeps changing it automatically.]
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

geeze the philly family is making guys from rhode island and mass. they dont give afuck about boundaries
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Pmac2 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:57 pm geeze the philly family is making guys from rhode island and mass. they dont give afuck about boundaries
Only Scott burnstein is reporting that I think, not exactly the most credible source
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I remember reading Borges visits the beaches and meets up with matt g from providence. They were celles
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

Who the hell would Narducci want inducted? Anyone else think that’s bullshit. He doesn’t seem to have any connection with the family anymore
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

TommyGambino wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:47 pm
Pmac2 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:57 pm geeze the philly family is making guys from rhode island and mass. they dont give afuck about boundaries
Only Scott burnstein is reporting that I think, not exactly the most credible source
Yeah, unless I'm missing something, I didn't read any of that in the detention memo posted in the FBI Files section. So I don't know what "sources" Scott is basing that on.
All roads lead to New York.
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

"Not the most credible source," lol. Who broke the story of the fall 2015 ceremony?

I don't mind getting grief if I deserve it (nobody is perfect, not even us reporters), but at least give me credit for my wins. I was the first person to report on the making that is all over the news now and I broke that story 4 years ago. But my info on where guys are getting made from isn't credible?

SMB
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

scott22 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:25 pm "Not the most credible source," lol. Who broke the story of the fall 2015 ceremony?

I don't mind getting grief if I deserve it (nobody is perfect, not even us reporters), but at least give me credit for my wins. I was the first person to report on the making that is all over the news now and I broke that story 4 years ago. But my info on where guys are getting made from isn't credible?

SMB
Hey, I gave you credit for Mafia Prince.

But who's saying this? Particularly about Massachusetts and Rhode Island?
The FBI believes the mafia in Philly is in the midst of ballooning its’ ranks and stretching its’ reach; a crew in New England has been operational for more than five years, reinvigorating a presence in the region from the late 1990s, per sources. Soldiers have been “made” in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey and Florida, in the flood of recent ceremonies, sources claim.
All roads lead to New York.
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Scott, the Rhode Island thing blows my mind. Would love more detail on that one. And if there really is some activity in Boston/RI, is there some sort of agreement with the Patriarca's? Why would they be ok with this?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

scott22 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:25 pm "Not the most credible source," lol. Who broke the story of the fall 2015 ceremony?

SMB
Who gives you shit? I think your credible and I don't read your stories with any extreme speculation. Your killing hoffa movie on Amazon i thought was authentic and 10 times more sensible then the Scorsese one.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

there taking a play out of the bonanno book. planting flags everywhere. smart keep the cash coming in.....
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

In Scott's defence, he was the first to report on the 2015 ceremony, the first to report on there being multiple ceremonies and the first to report on Lance stepping up five years ago.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

And I think he was the first to report Grande as a captain too.
Chopper
Straightened out

Post by Chopper »

Scott has some great sources Philly-wise and he has proved it time and again. Not to mention he wrote a couple of impressive books on the mob.

Why he gives a fuck what some people think of him on a smal internet-forum? Beats me. He's an asset over here and it would be great if he started posting more.
"Do you think Ralph is a little weird about women?"

"I don't know Ton'… I mean, he beat one to death"