I almost hate to say it....

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bronx
Full Patched

Re: I almost hate to say it....

Post by bronx »

Cheech ,he did have an uncle that was "popular".. you are right in what you believe
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

AG777 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:49 am Let's say that there's a chart put up on here. If it has your name on it, then I'm going to say to myself this is an ACCURATE chart. Pogo is correct 10 out of 10 with his charts.
I guess this is just an entirely different way of viewing things from how I view things.

Pogo is one of the all-time greats at compiling information on this subject and he is a major reason for the success of these boards, especially over a decade ago when some of us migrated from American Mafia forum. There is one Pogo, period.

However, when he makes a chart or shares info, he does so knowing that it could be proven wrong at any second and he would never claim everything on there is 100% fact. I have contributed info to his charts and records with the same thing in mind. I do my homework but if I share something I also know it could become inaccurate or outdated as new info comes out and I love when that happens because I want to get as close to the truth as I can. It's like science in that way... just because the working theory makes sense and matches up with current knowledge does not mean that it won't change or get proven wrong entirely later.

Even some of the most thorough and impressive original researchers on here like JD, Antiliar, HK, and Chris Christie come from a place where they would never claim to be 100% accurate. And even though I put these guys at the absolute top, higher than most authors and journalists who write about this subject, I still would never say they are 10/10 or even 9/10 accurate in everything they do. All I can say is that their information has been thoroughly vetted, compared to other information, in some cases shared with other researchers, and their theories/conclusions are based on the best available knowledge.

I love information from "the street", but guys on the street aren't going around picking up the purest info all the time -- they are hearing gossip, innuendo, rumors, exaggerations, interpretations, opinions, etc. Reading through CI reports from made members and heavily-connected associates will show you multiple interpretations of the same people/events. If you're on the street, you are getting that same information in many cases. Some of it is fact, sure, but no matter how well-connected someone is, even if they're a boss, they are still picking up a certain amount of indirect knowledge and playing a game of "telephone". Throw in the fact that many of these people communicate poorly and have their own agendas and it becomes a clusterfuck at times.

So let's not pretend anybody is 100% accurate. If a "street guy" says something on here, I read it, consider it, and like any information, I consider the source and compare it to other known information, then go from there. On the boards, a lot of this type of info is a dead-end so I treat it like I would any information that I can't use and move on.

For the record, I wouldn't even be 100% accurate if I told you my whole life story and I was the one living it. And I have a very sharp memory despite all of the brain cells I've whacked...
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

I don't think PB ever said he knew everything and was correct all the time, I think he was doing his best to contribute to topics that he knew about, he was wrong about a few things but at least he was not a troll.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

B and Money are both correct. good example of a C.I. fudging info was scarpa..misleading info by many C.I.s throughout history. when the research guys can cross reference trial testimony with "street" info then you can very close or the real story. this is a great site and people who post do a great job
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

I was just vouching for Pb and vouching for Pogo. That's all.

100% accurate = I got a little carried away there. Sorry guys, I didn't mean to cause any trouble :oops:
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

no trouble at all AG..
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

So getting back to the original topic (again :-)). Bronx, you have an opinion on who was the boss?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

AG777 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:25 pm I was just vouching for Pb and vouching for Pogo. That's all.

100% accurate = I got a little carried away there. Sorry guys, I didn't mean to cause any trouble :oops:
No worries, I wasn't directing all that at you, just this general topic which tends to come up at least once a year.

I just think it's possible to hold everyone to a similar standard and nobody is infallible.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Was reading this old topic about Scott's book. To make the Genovese lineage history more confusing,where it says Catena shelved or demoted Lombardo as boss would indicate he was still the top boss in 1981. Maybe he went the route of Paul Ricca the retired senior member who was really the top boss.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Frank wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:23 pm Was reading this old topic about Scott's book. To make the Genovese lineage history more confusing,where it says Catena shelved or demoted Lombardo as boss would indicate he was still the top boss in 1981. Maybe he went the route of Paul Ricca the retired senior member who was really the top boss.
I doubt it very much. Catena was out of the picture by the time he was released from prison. His main activities centered around the golf courses down in Florida. Lombardo was very sick when he stepped down in 1981 after being the boss for a few months. Lenehen could be right in that Lombardo was spooked into retirement. LE was on his tail, breathing down his neck. In 1981, the top spot belonged to Gigante.
There you have it, never printed before.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Ok then it looks like Lombardo was boss for a short time after Tieri and a big maybe before Tieri. Was Tieri acting underboss for Eboli?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Lol even with the lineage chart the 70s looks pretty tough to figure out. The underboss and Consiglieri positions seem harder to figure out than the already difficult bosses position.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

It was misinformation that Eboli was ever a boss. When Catena was the acting boss for Vito, Eboli was the acting underboss for Catena. Miranda was still the consigliere. After Vito died is when things started to get confusing. Eboli was apparently acting boss for Catena when Catena went to jail, and that's as high as he went.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Yes I'm sorry I meant when Eboli was acting boss when he got whacked was there a acting underboss.,in that time period of Catena in prison?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:54 pm It was misinformation that Eboli was ever a boss. When Catena was the acting boss for Vito, Eboli was the acting underboss for Catena. Miranda was still the consigliere. After Vito died is when things started to get confusing. Eboli was apparently acting boss for Catena when Catena went to jail, and that's as high as he went.
Once I believe I came across one info which stated that Eboli was sort of a messenger for the NY families or maybe only for the Genovese fam with the rest of the Midwest families or maybe only the Chi boys (i really have a tough time remembering). Is some of this true, since I also read Ebolis own words regarding his personal contacts with Ricca and Giancana?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10