I almost hate to say it....

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: I almost hate to say it....

Post by Snakes »

I know that I said I was finished posting, *makes a wordy post exclaiming that he's once again finished posting on the subject.*
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

You have to consider that if he named his source it would ruin his integrity as a writer. He cannot name the guy if he was granted the interview with the understanding he wanted to be anonymous. Not to mention the ethical side of it.....anonymous sources are cited all the time in books for good reason.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:24 pm Jeezus H fucking Christ.

Would you read what I write not what's in your fucking head.

To clarify what does not need clarification, I AM NOT SAYING Scott is Fucking Ernest Volkman.

I was, for the millionth fucking time simply requesting corroboration for a claim from a claimant. Whoever the fuck they are. I don't, unlike you, have special writer friends or favourites or writers who I bend or ignore rules for. Hence, the fucking illustration that I don't give two fucks who's making the claim, some substantiation might be fucking nice.

But I keep forgetting the board has their 'special' claimants who are beyond basic standards.

So enjoy your fucking writers pity party about how persecuted writers are and tell yourselves you ARE open to criticism.

Because the tantrums and outcry on this fucking forum when asking for evidence from 'certain people' is fucking embarrassing frankly.

I know I stated I was finished posting but I'll not have people put words in my mouth, neither twist them to their own perceived biases.

Looking forward to reading your book Scott! We all fucking happy now?
Sonny is it that time of the month for you? Dude I'm not sure what your problem is? But you need to chill out!!! If you don't like so and so post keep scrolling, it's really not that hard.......Soliai
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

Would you read what I write not what's in your fucking head.

To clarify what does not need clarification, I AM NOT SAYING Scott is Fucking Ernest Volkman.

I was, for the millionth fucking time simply requesting corroboration for a claim from a claimant. Whoever the fuck they are. I don't, unlike you, have special writer friends or favourites or writers who I bend or ignore rules for. Hence, the fucking illustration that I don't give two fucks who's making the claim, some substantiation might be fucking nice.

But I keep forgetting the board has their 'special' claimants who are beyond basic standards.

So enjoy your fucking writers pity party about how persecuted writers are and tell yourselves you ARE open to criticism.

Because the tantrums and outcry on this fucking forum when asking for evidence from 'certain people' is fucking embarrassing frankly.

I know I stated I was finished posting but I'll not have people put words in my mouth, neither twist them to their own perceived biases.

Looking forward to reading your book Scott! We all fucking happy now?
There's just one thing dude. Do you have to use so many cuss words?

On a serious note Scott I look forward to the book.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

moneyman wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:50 pm Can't wait to read the book Scott, how much will the book cover from the 1990s to the present?
Some of it - the last few chapters.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

For what it's worth, I did get your point with the Volkman reference.
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Getting back to the original topic, I remember reading two separate views on the Squint/Funzi/Catena relationship on the forums. Now I hate quoting other members in case I get what they said wrong but....

Picasso said (take it with a grain of salt): Benny Squint was boss for like a few months or something, got spooked out when his name appeared on the front page of the paper, so Catena shelved him.

PB said: Funzi didn't have a bowel movement without checking with Benny Squint first.

So you have two separate views (actually 1,000 separate views when taking everyone else's into account :-)

Hope I didn't misquote anyone and I'm not saying anyone should take either of these guy's words as the bible but just putting that out there because the different viewpoints are fascinating.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah but those two are clearly just guessing on that. They have no way of knowing any of that.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

I don't know who that Picasso guy is. But if that is what Pb says then I believe it to be 100% accurate. He has proved himself time and time again on these OC forums.

Just my 2 cents :mrgreen:
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

AG, Picasso was Steve Lenehan's handle on the real deal.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He was a kid during the 70s and by his own admission has always been legit. What possible insight could he have had into the highest levels of the Genovese family during that time?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

@ Baldo
Unfortunately, I never posted on the real deal back when everyone from here was contributing. I think that site isn't up anymore ??? Looks dead.

@Pogo
That's a question that only Pb could answer.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

Pogo, one more thing.

Let's say that there's a chart put up on here. If it has your name on it, then I'm going to say to myself this is an ACCURATE chart. Pogo is correct 10 out of 10 with his charts.

Now, if Furio puts up a chart. Then, I'm going to say. Wait a minute is this one he cut and pasted from Pogo or one he got from ten years ago that is completely inaccurate??

Get what I'm saying?? It's all about reputation. And you have an EXCELLENT reputation when it comes to your charts. And Pb has an EXCELLENT reputation when it comes to NY organized crime. He's 10 for 10 with his posts just like you are with your charts. :)

(Sorry Furio if you read this and get a lil upset but it's the truth) :mrgreen:
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Wasn't PB connected through family? Again, not arguing with anyone but I though I remember him saying something about an uncle being high ranking or something.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

yes and i believe him. doesn't mean anyone else has to.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny