Murder at home owned by Rocco Luppino (Hamilton)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Heathen
Straightened out

Re: Murder at home owned by Rocco Luppino (Hamilton)

Post by Heathen »

I think maybe the Musitanos never gave up the ambition to be number one in Hamilton, again just speculation.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I don't believe the Musitanos are still backed by Montreal, but I could be wrong. Vito was just using them to help get a foothold in Ontario, but at this point I think they are concentrating more on their own city than expanding to Hamilton.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Murder at home owned by Rocco Luppino (Hamilton)

Post by Lupara »

Heathen wrote:Again speculation but Its a theory, I think maybe the Musitanos got out of jail, maybe started stepping on some toes, looking to get things going again. So the Lupino-Violi hit Angelo. So the Musitanos hit Iavarone in retaliation apparently he was a small time player. Then with some of the Violis arrested, and the Musitanos probably still backed by Montreal felt strong enough to make a move against the Luppinos
The Musitanos were stepping on people's toes long before they were sent to jail.

This could come from Pat, and it is possible that with Violi's position weakened because of his statements to Morena, Musitano could now indeed feel strong enough to strike back. In the end I still put my money on the Luppino-Violis. They are far better connected than the Musitanos, even with people in Montreal. The climate has changed in their favor. I think Pat's days are numbered.

It also now looks like they are part of the same organization (Buffalo). In this case the Musitanos would be the Canadian Gallos. Gallo could've been behind the murder of Colombo, but that didn't mean he was winning.

I doubt however this is directly coming from across the border. If it is because of Violi's mistakes he himself would be held responsible for it and not one of his cousins. Family members only get killed for tits and tats, not mistakes made by their next of kin. There are sons of snitches in New York still working for the mob and left untouched.
Heathen
Straightened out

Re: RE: Re: Murder at home owned by Rocco Luppino (Hamilton)

Post by Heathen »

Lupara wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:06 am They are far better connected than the Musitanos, even with people in Montreal.

Yah your completely right, I believe someone on here said its easier to say who the Violis aren't connected/related to then who they are.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Peter Edwards article: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2019/0 ... -says.html
“This smells like a power play,” said Paul Manning, a former Hamilton undercover police officer.

“I would imagine we see more moves from others on territory which has historically belonged to the Luppino crime family,” he said.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 pm [snip]

There was a targeted home invasion in April of last year that also took place on Hamilton Mountain; at the time, a 45-year-old man was stabbed. The residence in question belonged to a member of the Luppino family -- see https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8560 ... -mountain/ (you may hit a paywall). I'm interested in knowing whether there is a connection between this earlier incident and the recent murder.
If the age of the stabbing victim in Nicole O'Reilly's April 20, 2018 article is correct, the person who was injured could be the son of Antonio Luppino. Antonio is one of patriarch Giacomo Luppino's six sons.

Antonio has a son, Giacomo, with a DOB of November 17, 1972 -- see https://twitter.com/4Giac; Giacomo started following me soon after I was tweeting about the Project OTremens bust but then stopped a a certain point. This DOB is also in the family tree that private investigator Derrick Snowdy uploaded on Twitter and that I uploaded here on TBHF a while back.

Four of Jack Luppino's sons have a son named Giacomo. If the age of the stabbing victim is off by a year or two, the victim could be Rocco Luppino's son Giacomo (a realtor), Natale Luppino's son Giacomo, or Domenico Luppino's son Giacomo.

I'm leaning toward the victim being Antonio's son, the realtor, based on the DOB and the house listings for 19 Como Place in Hamilton, as the home invasion happened at a residence on Como Place -- see, for example, https://www.homefinder.ca/listings/7547 ... hereabouts and https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... %7Clang_fr. The reason for the cached versions of these webpages for 19 Como Place is the expired listing.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Though Cece Luppino turned down membership (at that time at least), I would still wonder if he was an associate of the crew. The article posted earlier makes it sound like he was not involved in the life and was offered membership simply because of his blood relations, which is not that uncommon historically outside of east coast US mafia groups, but there are other male Luppinos from his generation, so the question is if they too were offered membership. If not, then why was Cece offered membership and not others? The offer of membership would indicate some involvement in that world or something in his personality conducive to the mafia.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

B. wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:07 pm Though Cece Luppino turned down membership (at that time at least), I would still wonder if he was an associate of the crew.
I’m not sure we can state he did turn down membership.

He is believed to have been weighing up the decision (cash vs headaches) rather than making one.

Which means it’s entirely possible he accepted the offer and was made.

This was my read.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Heathen
Straightened out

Post by Heathen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:17 pm
B. wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:07 pm Though Cece Luppino turned down membership (at that time at least), I would still wonder if he was an associate of the crew.
I’m not sure we can state he did turn down membership.

He is believed to have been weighing up the decision (cash vs headaches) rather than making one.

Which means it’s entirely possible he accepted the offer and was made.

This was my read.
Exactly who knows he may have even had feelings the guy was an informant and/or he didn't trust the guy fully. I'm unsure of the standing of the informant. The part about money there not being any money in it I almost find it hard to believe. I know the 90's where a different time compared to know but the mounties thought most of the Hamilton groups where bringing in millions then.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Being made in Canada atleast, means a very healthy living. Alot of these guys live in average or slightly above average houses to not draw too much attention, but boy do they live the life. Always taking trips to Italy, throwing money around, going to the best restaurants, eating and drinking the best, and guys are always giving them free shit. It's a nice life while it lasts.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Moscone65 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:56 pm Being made in Canada atleast, means a very healthy living. Alot of these guys live in average or slightly above average houses to not draw too much attention, but boy do they live the life. Always taking trips to Italy, throwing money around, going to the best restaurants, eating and drinking the best, and guys are always giving them free shit. It's a nice life while it lasts.
Life fast die young. Jail isnt their biggest concern in Canada, being killed is. Like the reverse of NYC where hits are rare now but they gotta fear the big time jail sentences.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Slain son of Hamilton mobster rejected ‘made’ status: transcript

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9156 ... ranscript/
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

So our speculation is actually on the right track here....
They are coming to a lot of the same conclusions...
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Former undercover Hamilton Police Service officer Paul Manning’s tweet reply to Adrian Humphreys, who had tweeted a link to his article about Cece Luppino:

https://twitter.com/mobinfiltrator/stat ... 86304?s=20

Paul Manning
@mobinfiltrator

Replying to
@AD_Humphreys

Adrian. Been asking around. Hearing nothing but nice things about this guy. Polite. Well manner. Honest.

9:26 AM · Feb 1, 2019
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Exploring the killings that shine light on Canada's underworld power struggle

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton ... -1.5002547