Murder at home owned by Rocco Luppino (Hamilton)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NickleCity
Full Patched

Re: Murder at home owned by Rocco Luppino (Hamilton)

Post by NickleCity »

Not to jump to conclusions but it is interesting that Carter makes the connection that this homicide is said to be a "targeted shooting" by authorities who indicated who called Al Iavarone's death a "targeted attack."
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Thanks Bro.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Rocco Luppino, son of Giacomo, was born on February 2, 1937, in Castellace di Oppido, Reggio di Calabria. He was granted Canadian citizenship in November 1964.
Heathen
Straightened out

Post by Heathen »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:16 pm Not to jump to conclusions but it is interesting that Carter makes the connection that this homicide is said to be a "targeted shooting" by authorities who indicated who called Al Iavarone's death a "targeted attack."
Carter says "targeted incident" for this situation and "targeted attack" for Iavarone.
Heathen
Straightened out

Post by Heathen »

antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Reporter Nicole O'Reilly has received confirmation from multiple sources that the victim is Cece Luppino, the son of Rocco. I think -- but I am not sure -- that Cece is a nickname that is a shortening of Vincenzo, probably the pronunciation of the middle syllable with the exception of the letter "n."

A news conference was held about 10 minutes ago by Det. Sgt. Peter Thom, who was also assigned to the Angelo Musitano and Albert Iavarone murder cases. Below are my notes.

- Thom would not name the victim.
- There is no suspect info at the moment.
- There is no vehicle info at the moment.
- There is CCTV footage from the residence and from neighbouring homes. The Hamilton Police Service is downloading the file of CCTV footage, which is quite large. The HPS has not yet reviewed video evidence.
- The victim lived at the address.
- The victim was alone at home at the time of the incident.
- A family member called 911 after finding the victim. The HPS does not know whether the victim was still alive upon being found.
- The victim was last seen at the residence at 3:30 pm EST.
- The attack was a specific, targeted event because of the nuances of the incident: victim was killed close up; where it happened.
- Thom can't reveal how many gunshots nor where on the body the victim was shot.
- Victim worked for family businesses in Stoney Creek, namely, a realty office and a café.
- The victim had no criminal record and was not known to police.
- A victim background check is being conducted to determine a possible motive.
- The victim was recently married. The family, while asking that its privacy be respected, is co-operating with police.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

rizzuto/caruana-cuntrera again?
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Heathen wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:16 pm Cece Lupino was the victim
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton ... -1.4999773
"Both Rocco Luppino and his brother Natale are "made" members of this Buffalo family who operate in Hamilton, police say."
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

willychichi wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:31 pm
"Both Rocco Luppino and his brother Natale are "made" members of this Buffalo family who operate in Hamilton, police say."
Oh no you didn’t

Also -

The RCMP also says the Luppino-Violi crime family is a faction of the Todaro crime family in Buffalo that is run by Joe Todaro Jr.

Let the arguing begin
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

I have no bone in this but it does seem Buffalo is active again
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Regardless of his blank criminal record, Luppino's murder is an indication that he was involved with the organization, which wouldn't be surprising given that his grandfather, father, two uncles (including Paolo Violi), and two first cousins are all made members. Seems that the males in this blood family inevitably become involved.

Hopefully more will come out about Cece Luppino. Would be interesting if he had been inducted into the family along with his two cousins in recent years.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

John W wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:35 pm
Oh no you didn’t

Also -

The RCMP also says the Luppino-Violi crime family is a faction of the Todaro crime family in Buffalo that is run by Joe Todaro Jr.

Let the arguing begin
If the two of you want to fuck up a thread, fuck up the one that will allow the two of you to discuss what you and others are allegedly interested in "arguing" (read: flaming, insulting, deriding, etc.).

This thread I started is about the recent murder of the son of a known mobster, not whether the Buffalo Family is defunct.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

B. wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:49 pm Regardless of his blank criminal record, Luppino's murder is an indication that he was involved with the organization, which wouldn't be surprising given that his grandfather, father, two uncles (including Paolo Violi), and two first cousins are all made members. Seems that the males in this blood family inevitably become involved.

Hopefully more will come out about Cece Luppino. Would be interesting if he had been inducted into the family along with his two cousins in recent years.
You may be right. You may be wrong.

A few hours ago, there was a rumour started that Rocco Luppino killed his son Vince. We'll see whether the rumour floats.

There was a targeted home invasion in April of last year that also took place on Hamilton Mountain; at the time, a 45-year-old man was stabbed. The residence in question belonged to a member of the Luppino family -- see https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8560 ... -mountain/ (you may hit a paywall). I'm interested in knowing whether there is a connection between this earlier incident and the recent murder.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:59 pm
Oh no you didn’t

Also -

Let the arguing begin
If the two of you want to fuck up a thread, fuck up the one that will allow the two of you to discuss what you and others are allegedly interested in "arguing" (read: flaming, insulting, deriding, etc.).

This thread I started is about the recent murder of the son of a known mobster, not whether the Buffalo Family is defunct.
Agreed Anti. Great post, very interesting
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:59 pm
Oh no you didn’t

Also -

Let the arguing begin

Whoa I never fuck up any threads, I was just pointing out something that been discussed here.

This Luppino hit is very interesting