Gambino crew in Cleveland a la Burnstein

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: Gambino crew in Cleveland a la Burnstein

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:48 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:55 pmSo if another bust never happens in Jersey that means there was never a Gambino crew operating there?
That fact has been established by what has occurred (or not occurred) already. A bust involving a Gambino crew not happening ever again in the future would only be more confirmation of what should already be obvious.
PolackTony wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:00 pmDon't read this as a claim that Chicago has anything going on now in IN (I'm agnostic, in that I honestly wouldn't know), but NW Indiana *is* the "Chicago suburbs", it's just the part of Chicagoland on the IN side of the border. Lake County, IN, is literally across the street (State Line Ave) from the City of Chicago, it's not some far-flung remote place.
In terms of a modern-day Outfit footprint, I'm talking the usual - Cicero, Melrose Park, Elmwood Park, etc. Like 15-20 miles outside downtown Chicago. Chicago Heights hasn't been a thing for what, 30 years? But we're back planting flags in Gary in the 2020s? Might as well be the moon at this point.
So every crew and crew member always gets caught and if they don't then they don't exist. Now I understand.

Planting the flag for Chicago could be as easy as a member having some rackets there with other members or associates. Gambling customers. Loan customers. Poker machines in some bars. That's planting a flag. It's not some far fetched fantasy you're trying to makr it out to be
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:13 pmSo every crew and crew member always gets caught and if they don't then they don't exist. Now I understand.
I prefer to deal with demonstrable reality. Not what-ifs and could-be's.
Planting the flag for Chicago could be as easy as a member having some rackets there with other members or associates. Gambling customers. Loan customers. Poker machines in some bars. That's planting a flag. It's not some far fetched fantasy you're trying to makr it out to be
The sphere of mob influence goes one direction now - shrinking. Accepting that will save you a lot of disappointment. Scott is a salesman, the mob is his product. And like any good salesman, he hypes his product.
All roads lead to New York.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

I’ll make sure to tell my friend who lives in Berwyn and visits his in-laws in East Chicago, IN, on the weekends that he should see if Space-X is hiring, given that he’s been driving to the moon for years (it’s a 50 minute drive to the moon, who knew). I mean, I used to go to Gary on the train when I didn’t even have a car. Can you imagine that? Chicago has direct mass transit from the Loop to the moon!

As matter of fact, I’ll also stop driving from the Bronx to Union County, NJ, to visit my close friends and family who live there, as I have for many years. I mean, that must be like taking a rocket to Mars. Shit, before I had a car I actually used to go out there on NJ Transit. I guess that’s like taking a wormhole through space time for intergalactic travel?

I live in the Bx and go to CT several times a week. I be crossing state lines. I be plantin flags dawg.

"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:16 pm I’ll make sure to tell my friend who lives in Berwyn and visits his in-laws in East Chicago, IN, on the weekends that he should see if Space-X is hiring, given that he’s been driving to the moon for years (it’s a 50 minute drive to the moon, who knew). I mean, I used to go to Gary on the train when I didn’t even have a car. Can you imagine that? Chicago has direct mass transit from the Loop to the moon!

As matter of fact, I’ll also stop driving from the Bronx to Union County, NJ, to visit my close friends and family who live there, as I have for many years. I mean, that must be like taking a rocket to Mars. Shit, before I had a car I actually used to go out there on NJ Transit. I guess that’s like taking a wormhole through space time for intergalactic travel?

I live in the Bx and go to CT several times a week. I be crossing state lines. I be plantin flags dawg.

Lol. Love it
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Why is this even a debate? In addition to claiming that Chicago is expanding into Indiana he also claimed that they have made 2 dozen new members and are up to 50 made members now. It is fiction pure and simple. It is incredible how he is still given the benefit of the doubt after everything that has come out just in the last year.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

I am certain people are deliberately feeding Scott bullshit. He is their useful idiot creating all these articles claiming all these things and supposedly having credible sources etc. Add to that his own need for attention and we get all this fan fiction polluting actual facts and news. Muddy the waters with misreported ranks made up meetings etc.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Is there anything Scott hasn't lied about?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Check the previous posts about his articles you've been apart of and you'll see the several examples given again
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

dreww wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:52 pm I feel safe to say that Burnstein’s article is entertainment content more than fact finding reporting. I’m not complaining though, it’s still fun to read and watch. And everyone in this forum consumes it.
No disrespect to the man.... I got no bone to pick..

But from what you guys have described.....it does come off as.... like a National Enquire version of Capeci? I dunno...
Last edited by CabriniGreen on Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Reputed NY-based Gambino Mobster Carmine Agnello Allegedly Met With Cleveland Family's Joe Iacobacci & R.J. Papalardo Prior To His Introduction To The Ohio Mafia Scene (from The Gangster Report)

--Per SBs 'exclusive' sources and reporting (which apparently includes informants), upon his relocation to Cleveland, OH in the 2000s, alleged Gambino mobster Carmine (The Bull) Agnello met with then Cleveland mob leadership, including Russell (R.J.) Papalardo & Joseph (Joe Loose) Iacobacci. Described as a 'sit down' by SB, the group met-up on Cleveland’s East Side in early 2009, where the framework for Agnello’s move and his plans to operate in Northeast Ohio were hashed out.

--At that point, Agnello had been recently released from prison after serving nearly 10 years for racketeering charges (notably, he had just married for a second time, having been formerly married to Victoria Gotti). Longtime Cleveland gangster, Ralph Bucci, allegedly made the introduction between Agnello/the Gambinos & Papalardo/Iacobacci. With the blessing of Papalardo/Iacobacci from this sit down, Agnello initiated a number of rackets while still kicking up to the Gambinos. Per SBs reporting, Agnello's operations in the Cleveland region include rackets linked to the scrap-iron business, stock trade, and car theft. In fact, in 2015, Agnello was arrested and charged with running something of a chop-shop operation, stealing cars for the acquisition of scrap metal to re-sell. Around 2017, Agnello pled out to those charges, paying a fine, but serving no prison time.

--Per SBs sources 'on both sides of the law', Agnello reputedly is still functioning in the Cleveland area, operating out of Eagle Auto Parts (on E 116th Street) and reporting to Lenny DiMaria, who he travels to meet with in NYC a few times/year. Per SBs further reporting and sources, Agnello was reputedly elevated to a captain's position in the 1990s as a result of his relationship to Victoria Gotti & SB further notes that a portion of Agnello’s crew went with him to Ohio at the time of his initial move, although some of these gents (unnamed) have returned to NY over the years.

--Finally, SB wraps up by summarizing the current state of the Cleveland mafia. He describes the aforementioned Papalardo (currently aged 83) as the 'titular' boss and further that the Cleveland operation currently consists of a minor group of 'old-school bookies, loan sharks and drug dealers' who are largely dependent on other midwestern OC groups, such as the Chicago Outfit & the Detroit family, to remain functional (SB notes that his reporting on Cleveland's status is per his sources as well as some Federal intelligence documents). SB notes that 'Joe Loose' Iacobacci died at 70 years of age in 6/2020 and allegedly handed things over to Papalardo years before, when he assumed the 'titular' boss role.
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

SB sources an "LCN Bosses" whatsapp group. Guy has more scoops than a chip shop. He is a misinformation tool. "Sources" have found their gullible idiot and bonus is he has a subscription service to feed in to.

This fucken guy.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:38 pm Is there anything Scott hasn't lied about?
Where im eventually going with this......cant he be sued for libel/defamation?
Honk
Straightened out

Post by Honk »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:27 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:38 pm Is there anything Scott hasn't lied about?
Where im eventually going with this......cant he be sued for libel/defamation?
Yeah, if it’s not true, causes harm and is published.

Also, remember, Scott has a law degree. If you don’t think he’s smart enough to know what’s libel and what isn’t, you’re the moron.
Brovelli
Straightened out

Post by Brovelli »

I do think that agnello is either shelved or he is a member so Scott has a 50/50 shot of being right. Which, if he is still a member and reporting to someone, its an interesting topic that most of us wouldn’t have thought about. Scotts credibility is not good though and is rightly scrutinized until he can build it
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

IMO the guys still in good standing with the gambinos. why would they shelve him because he married gottis daughter. guy did a shit load of time didn't cooperate and has been a earner for the family since the 80tys. he probaly isn't a capo or kick up anything from what he does in Ohio but a couple of those junkyard he might still own in NYC he probaly divides scams with his fellow gambino members. he don't have to kick up anything legit