Gambino crew in Cleveland a la Burnstein

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: Gambino crew in Cleveland a la Burnstein

Post by CornerBoy »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:46 am Luccheses have a crew in Chicago. Philly has a crew in Boston and is working with Kansas City. Kansas City is working with Chicago. Chicago planting the flag back in Northwest Indiana. Gambinos have a crew in Cleveland.

I'm nominating Scott for a Pulitzer.
sstop w this crew shit. People meet each under in Federal Prison. than they may pull a scam in conjunction with the guy in KC or whereever. the made guy that goes to try and execute plan in KC for instance brings five asssociates who probably have nothing better to do. there is yyour crew.
everything is so loose, ppl become aacting captains all the time
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:24 pm We know Agnello is there and he's an earner. He caught that case in 2015 for the stolen cars and money laundering out of his scrap yards so he's making money and probably has a few guys around him. Is he shelved like Aray is saying? I don't know but he separated himself from the Gotti family many years ago so maybe not. I don't see it being out of the realm of possibility that he's sending some $$$ back to NY.

this seems plausible..
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

CornerBoy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:07 am
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:46 am Luccheses have a crew in Chicago. Philly has a crew in Boston and is working with Kansas City. Kansas City is working with Chicago. Chicago planting the flag back in Northwest Indiana. Gambinos have a crew in Cleveland.

sstop w this crew shit. People meet each under in Federal Prison. than they may pull a scam in conjunction with the guy in KC or whereever. the made guy that goes to try and execute plan in KC for instance brings five asssociates who probably have nothing better to do. there is yyour crew.
Amen
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

Ivan wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:38 pm
Doobeez wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:54 pm
Ivan wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:41 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:31 am Thistledown in North randall?
This place: https://jackentertainment.com/thistledown/
Ivan I believe we had a convo or two on here quite a few years ago about Agnello and the horse doping/race fixing allegations.

Hope you're doing well.
Thanks, but I think that was Stroccos, not me?
That was many moons ago, but I believe you're correct..lol.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:24 am

Amen
I didn't start this "crew shit," Scott did. And even we play fast and loose with definitions, there's still little to no evidence for any of it. The Outfit's presence within its last bastion in the Chicago suburbs is growing thin but it's back "planting flags in NW Indiana?" It's the same principle with the Gambinos not even having a crew in New Jersey at this point but setting up shop in Cleveland. God forbid we be expected to use some deductive reasoning.
All roads lead to New York.
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

Have to agree, WG..this subject matter was put to bed on here so long ago, that I'd forgotten it was Stroccos and not Ivan i was discussing the race fixing allegations with..lol.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:16 am

Amen
I didn't start this "crew shit," Scott did. And even we play fast and loose with definitions, there's still little to no evidence for any of it. The Outfit's presence within its last bastion in the Chicago suburbs is growing thin but it's back "planting flags in NW Indiana?" It's the same principle with the Gambinos not even having a crew in New Jersey at this point but setting up shop in Cleveland. God forbid we be expected to use some deductive reasoning.
How is it known there is no Gambino crew in Jersey? Hasnt it been established that whats left of the Decalvacantes are a Gambino crew?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:29 pmHow is it known there is no Gambino crew in Jersey?
Because the crew that used to be based in New Jersey dried up a long time ago. Very few Gambino members live in the state. No identified captain in years. In 2008, the ranking Gambino member in the state was identified as Andrew Merola - a soldier. Other known members, like Vincent DiModica and Nicholas Mitarotonda, are old even by mob standards and appear to be long inactive. One of the last Gambino cases in the state in 2012 involved a New York crew with virtually all New York guys.
Hasnt it been established that whats left of the Decalvacantes are a Gambino crew?
No. They are associated with the Gambinos but they're are still their own family.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:52 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:29 pmHow is it known there is no Gambino crew in Jersey?
Because the crew that used to be based in New Jersey dried up a long time ago. Very few Gambino members live in the state. No identified captain in years. In 2008, the ranking Gambino member in the state was identified as Andrew Merola - a soldier. Other known members, like Vincent DiModica and Nicholas Mitarotonda, are old even by mob standards and appear to be long inactive. One of the last Gambino cases in the state in 2012 involved a New York crew with virtually all New York guys.
Hasnt it been established that whats left of the Decalvacantes are a Gambino crew?
No. They are associated with the Gambinos but they're are still their own family.
So if another bust never happens in Jersey that means there was never a Gambino crew operating there?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:16 am

Amen
Don't read this as a claim that Chicago has anything going on now in IN (I'm agnostic, in that I honestly wouldn't know), but NW Indiana *is* the "Chicago suburbs", it's just the part of Chicagoland on the IN side of the border. Lake County, IN, is literally across the street (State Line Ave) from the City of Chicago, it's not some far-flung remote place.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:00 pm Don't read this as a claim that Chicago has anything going on now in IN (I'm agnostic, in that I honestly wouldn't know), but NW Indiana *is* the "Chicago suburbs", it's just the part of Chicagoland on the IN side of the border. Lake County, IN, is literally across the street (State Line Ave) from the City of Chicago, it's not some far-flung remote place.
Yeah... Hammond and Gary, Indiana, the big towns that are the urban cores of what's generally termed "Northwest Indiana", are about as far from the Chicago city limits as Outfit hotspots Cicero and Addison, respectively. Right? They're not way out in the endless cornfield nothingness that people usually associate with Indiana.

I mean it's possible for a person to stand in Hammond and Chicago at the same time. :)
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It was also reported in the last few years that only 2 of the NY families have crews in Jersey. An obvious reference to the Genovese and Lucchese families.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Brovelli
Straightened out

Post by Brovelli »

The cop who infiltrated Charlie stango was (obviously) working in Jersey and spoke about dealings with one gambino in particular. Whether he was part of a Jersey gambino crew or just a Brooklyn member who lived in Jersey was unclear and likely the latter. I would be shocked though if they didn’t have a presence in jersey, too many people from Brooklyn live there. Just the other day Mikey scars said “everyone” from his neighborhood lives in jersey now. He funnily enough mentioned freehold which is where tantillo the gambino arrested recently lives
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:57 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:00 pm Don't read this as a claim that Chicago has anything going on now in IN (I'm agnostic, in that I honestly wouldn't know), but NW Indiana *is* the "Chicago suburbs", it's just the part of Chicagoland on the IN side of the border. Lake County, IN, is literally across the street (State Line Ave) from the City of Chicago, it's not some far-flung remote place.
Yeah... Hammond and Gary, Indiana, the big towns that are the urban cores of what's generally termed "Northwest Indiana", are about as far from the Chicago city limits as Outfit hotspots Cicero and Addison, respectively. Right? They're not way out in the endless cornfield nothingness that people usually associate with Indiana.

I mean it's possible for a person to stand in Hammond and Chicago at the same time. :)
Correct. It’s just part of the Chicago metro area but on the other side of the state line. You can get from, say, Melrose Park to Gary faster than I can from my home in the Bronx to Brooklyn. I know a bunch of people from Chicago who have moved to IN (East Chicago, etc. — it’s a draw because of cheaper housing costs and lower taxes). It’s no different than people living in NJ and commuting to work in NYC (NW IN also has commuter rail service to the Loop, so you don’t have to drive either).
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:55 pmSo if another bust never happens in Jersey that means there was never a Gambino crew operating there?
That fact has been established by what has occurred (or not occurred) already. A bust involving a Gambino crew not happening ever again in the future would only be more confirmation of what should already be obvious.
PolackTony wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:00 pmDon't read this as a claim that Chicago has anything going on now in IN (I'm agnostic, in that I honestly wouldn't know), but NW Indiana *is* the "Chicago suburbs", it's just the part of Chicagoland on the IN side of the border. Lake County, IN, is literally across the street (State Line Ave) from the City of Chicago, it's not some far-flung remote place.
In terms of a modern-day Outfit footprint, I'm talking the usual - Cicero, Melrose Park, Elmwood Park, etc. Like 15-20 miles outside downtown Chicago. Chicago Heights hasn't been a thing for what, 30 years? But we're back planting flags in Gary in the 2020s? Might as well be the moon at this point.