Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Chucky
Full Patched

Re: Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Post by Chucky »

Ivan wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:30 amI take no stand on the veracity of this stuff.
Ivan, your thoughts?
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Cheech wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:49 am
Angelo Santino wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:22 pm I don't think-- no I KNOW- that Scott would not lie. I am in contact with people who are "hearing" things too but it's much more tamer- arson- than a full on war. In time we will know all. If Scott is wrong he'll retract it but if he's right he won't get credit anyway for reporting it first. He can't win. I'm in the same boat as everyone else and we'll have to see what happens.
Since Scott has gone pay its gotten a little more sensationalized. He is saying the Camamrannos are running for their lives. Do you believe that to be true? I do not.

Ill hang up and listen, thanks.
I'm not in New York, don't know the Cammaranos so I'm really in no position to say. I'm hearing that something is going on from a source external to Scott, it may not be Cammarano running for his life but something is going on. Scott heard something and he reported it and did so in his own (very) colorful way. It's not how I would have framed it but I'm not a journalist aiming the capture the attention of a wide audience. I look at events from 100 years ago and have the luxury of looking at multiple sources of determined evidence as opposed to ongoing information filtering out.

Scott is a sensationalist and generates criticism because of that. Here's my own example- I provided SS documents confirming that Chester LaMare was talking to agents openly enough to say that his "gang" wasn't involved in counterfeiting and that he'd alert them if he heard of anyone doing it. Scott translated that in "LaMare a Rat for the Feds!" On one hand it's loosely accurate because he was talking to a federal agency but on the other hand, well 1 the FBI wasn't involved and 2 he wasn't Greg Scarpa providing inside mafia info and ranks. So while I don't agree/approve of the narrative I understand/accept that Scott is writing for a larger audience.

The skepticism is healthy and if there's nothing there then nothing it'll come out, but if there's something Scott should get credit for reporting on it first. My own 0.02 cents.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:26 pm Ernie Aiello is a total goon and it makes sense Mancuso would make the terrible decision to bump him up to Underboss (if true). Maybe it was his reward for catching a beating at the funeral home.
The wise move would have been to make Johnny Joe Sr underboss...
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Browniety86 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:30 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:26 pm Ernie Aiello is a total goon and it makes sense Mancuso would make the terrible decision to bump him up to Underboss (if true). Maybe it was his reward for catching a beating at the funeral home.
The wise move would have been to make Johnny Joe Sr underboss...
I would be surprised if he doesn't hold a high ranking position. Same with Badalamenti who was Mancuso's main guy on the street during the Cammarano drama when he tried to take over the family.

We're due an update on the Bonanno administration. Last bit of news we got was in 2019 when Capeci reported that John Palazzolo was serving as Mancuso's acting boss with a panel of capos and wiseguys assisting him.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Angelo Santino wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:25 am
Angelo Santino wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:22 pm I don't think-- no I KNOW- that Scott would not lie. I am in contact with people who are "hearing" things too but it's much more tamer- arson- than a full on war. In time we will know all. If Scott is wrong he'll retract it but if he's right he won't get credit anyway for reporting it first. He can't win. I'm in the same boat as everyone else and we'll have to see what happens.
Since Scott has gone pay its gotten a little more sensationalized. He is saying the Camamrannos are running for their lives. Do you believe that to be true? I do not.

I'm not in New York, don't know the Cammaranos so I'm really in no position to say. I'm hearing that something is going on from a source external to Scott, it may not be Cammarano running for his life but something is going on. Scott heard something and he reported it and did so in his own (very) colorful way. It's not how I would have framed it but I'm not a journalist aiming the capture the attention of a wide audience. I look at events from 100 years ago and have the luxury of looking at multiple sources of determined evidence as opposed to ongoing information filtering out.

Scott is a sensationalist and generates criticism because of that. Here's my own example- I provided SS documents confirming that Chester LaMare was talking to agents openly enough to say that his "gang" wasn't involved in counterfeiting and that he'd alert them if he heard of anyone doing it. Scott translated that in "LaMare a Rat for the Feds!" On one hand it's loosely accurate because he was talking to a federal agency but on the other hand, well 1 the FBI wasn't involved and 2 he wasn't Greg Scarpa providing inside mafia info and ranks. So while I don't agree/approve of the narrative I understand/accept that Scott is writing for a larger audience.

The skepticism is healthy and if there's nothing there then nothing it'll come out, but if there's something Scott should get credit for reporting on it first. My own 0.02 cents.

Do you believe the Camamranos are running for there life. I appreciate the 3 paragraphs but I was just looking for yes or no. I get it, you like scott. I dont care either way. But i think he tends to stretch somewhat. As u pointed out very eloquently
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Cheech wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:48 am
Angelo Santino wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:25 am

Do you believe the Camamranos are running for there life. I appreciate the 3 paragraphs but I was just looking for yes or no. I get it, you like scott. I dont care either way. But i think he tends to stretch somewhat. As u pointed out very eloquently
I don't have a yes or no, I have only a don't know and my 3 paragraphs explained why.

Just got off the phone with another person, who was a former affiliate, and he claims he's heard no such thing going on. He's pretty well placed with relatives. So... in time all will come out. There either is something going on or its all bullshit, and what I "believe" is irrelevant. When Montagna was deported to Canada I "believed" at the time was that he was a "man without a family" which turned out to be wrong. I've learned long ago that my research and whatever doesn't make me a mob fortune teller. I'll wait for more info to come out on this and even then, I don't care about the modern stuff, not even a little bit. I'm a historian and I'll let other people better researched or experience focus on modern day.

And yes, I like Scott but we both have profound disagreements on things. I've been critical of him before and will be in the future. But the respect is always there. I know he's not trying to lie and he knows when I call him out on things I'm not trying to be a troll or contrarian.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:32 amMancuso's men are on the prowl for the Cammaranos
A hundred button men on the street 24 hours a day. Cammarano shows one hair on his ass, he's dead.
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:08 am
First they killed people. Then that wasn't an option.
Next they beat people. For a while after we put people on the shelf.

Now we pick up pens and write letters to the misses.

I'm doing a disgusted walnuts vertical hand brush to the side of the face as I write.

Completely agree with newera. Ratting a guy out to his wife. Jeezus, what a move. Weak.
The worst was Spirito Jr. Years ago, that stunt would have been a certain death sentence. Now, not only does he not get killed, he only gets a slap on the wrist and then put back in action.
All roads lead to New York.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Angelo Santino wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:25 am I'm hearing that something is going on from a source external to Scott, it may not be Cammarano running for his life but something is going on.
So what have you heard?
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Arson. But theres no records of it. All the stuff about a full on gang war I haven't heard but "source" said that reporting isn't helping things.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Has anything been written about Spirito Sr's reaction to his son's escapades or clarified the order didn't actually come from the father? The father is obviously very well-respected so I can understand them not killing the son, but given the father's relationship with Mancuso I always wondered if Jr. wasn't necessarily acting on his own motivations.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

I was skeptical about the story involving the Outfit and Patty Dellorusso but even more so for this one.
The fact that a lot of the comments here are saying let’s wait for Capeci just shows that he’s still the number one source we have about the life
He’s the best at it.People knocking Capeci’s column should know it’s not as good as it was years ago for the obvious reasons but at least he’s still providing the facts
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:22 am
Ivan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:32 amMancuso's men are on the prowl for the Cammaranos
A hundred button men on the street 24 hours a day. Cammarano shows one hair on his ass, he's dead.
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:08 am
First they killed people. Then that wasn't an option.
Next they beat people. For a while after we put people on the shelf.

Now we pick up pens and write letters to the misses.

I'm doing a disgusted walnuts vertical hand brush to the side of the face as I write.

Completely agree with newera. Ratting a guy out to his wife. Jeezus, what a move. Weak.
The worst was Spirito Jr. Years ago, that stunt would have been a certain death sentence. Now, not only does he not get killed, he only gets a slap on the wrist and then put back in action.
You talkin about when he was making guys left and right? Didn't someone stoot slap his ass for that?
Bing Bang 74
Straightened out

Post by Bing Bang 74 »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:06 am I was skeptical about the story involving the Outfit and Patty Dellorusso but even more so for this one.
For what it's worth, John Pennisi has backed up Scott's claims about Dellorusso and the Outfit on OG Gangsters Podcast, even saying that Patty will be indicted in both New York and Chicago.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Chucky wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:32 am
Ivan wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:30 amI take no stand on the veracity of this stuff.
Ivan, your thoughts?
would love nothing more than to argue for pages about whether Scott is full of crap but I have to work today
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Browniety86 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:40 amYou talkin about when he was making guys left and right? Didn't someone stoot slap his ass for that?
Yes, and delivering fake messages he claimed were from Mancuso. He was only temporarily shelved.
All roads lead to New York.